Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

COVID-19 Pandemic

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Looking how it's spreading round the world I don't think summer will make it ease off.

I don't like it when Politicians declare wars like war on drugs war on terror they all end up miserable failures.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
Just now, The PIT said:

Looking how it's spreading round the world I don't think summer will make it ease off.

I don't like it when Politicians declare wars like war on drugs war on terror they all end up miserable failures.

That's the worst one because you ain't gonna do it with half baked attempts, the only way you will do that is with thailand style sentencing and they ain't got the balls to do that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Just wanted to give you the latest update on Face MaskGate.

As I've stated in some previous Posts, my Wife works in a Residential Care Home.

When she arrived at the Home for her early Morning shift, she announced to all and sundry that she's ordered some Face Masks, and will be wearing one at the end of the Week, once they arrive.

The Lady that organises the Work Roster and doubles up as the Receptionist, retorted,"That won't be necessary Colette, the one Resident that was tested, has come back with a negative result.

We're in a bubble here and won't get affected".

Completely missing the point, of course!! 

The Deputy Manager and Senior Carer that was in charge this Morning, didn't seem to have any firm guidance to give my Wife and told her, "It's your personal choice, Colette".

I decided to phone BUPA's Care Home Division Head Office, and the told the respondent that my Wife worked in one of their Care Homes and what was their policy on their Staff wearing Face Masks, as she had been told previously not to wear one, as it would frighten the Residents.

The Receptionist asked me which Care Home my Wife worked in. I didn't want to give that information and wanted to protect my Wife's, anonymity. I asked the Receptionist what guidance have they given their Staff, re, wearing Face Masks. After a bit of umming and ahing, she tried to put me through to another Department but all I got was some random Menu.

Colette decided to text her Manageress, telling her that she'd ordered some Face Masks herself, and would be wearing one, once they arrived. The Manageress responded, "That's nice of you Colette but we have a couple in the Home". I hope the Manageress doesn't think my Wife has bought them for all the Staff, they are for herself!!

Colette responded with, "I will be wearing one on my next shift, not only to protect myself but also to protect the Residents, in case I bring the Coronavirus in with me and give it to the Residents, a lot of whom have underlying health issues".

Which is exactly the point. Obviously, all the Staff have Families and a lot of them travel on Public Transport, and could inadvertently bring the Coronavirus, into the Home.

My Wife wants to wear a Face Mask not only to protect herself but also the Residents, of the Care Home.

I'm staggered that one of the largest Care Service providers in the Country, have no firm Policy in the current situation and at best, a "wishy-washy" attitude, towards their Staff.

My Wife has saved the Text from her Manageress, in case there is any "comeback", once she wears her Face Mask.

I'm also amazed that my own Father managed to live for 13 Years (to the age 95), in this very Care Home.

Colette tells me there is still no sanitising hand wash in the Home, and that has been the case for a few Days now!!

One good piece of News, when my Wife went shopping in Sainsburys in Bromley, the Cashier saw Colette's Uniform and asked if she'd like a pack of Toilet Rolls. Colette gratefully accepted and the Cashier produced the pack, from under her seat.

Regards,

Tom.   :hi:

• Like 5

Posted

Too many over reactionary posts... people with anxiety overload...

learnt this morning my sister in law in Denmark who has been five years cancer free (triple negative breast cancer- with double mastectomy) has found out she has lung cancer in both lungs... her immune system has been very low this last five years now has prospect of chemotherapy and even lower immune system just while Denmark is hit with corona virus... she is at a much higher risk than a lot of people here and may not survive this year...

please can the panic and over reaction on here please stop (I’d like it to with the wider public but will never happen). 
If anyone would also like to know my husband has had triple heart by pass, my mum is severely asthmatic and suppressed immune system and 69, my Nan is 93 with few health problems... 

we’re looking on the brighter side, being positive,  proactive but not panic buying and looking after each other and our neighbours...

please people get a grip of reality and take a deep breath 

ps Happy St Patrick’s Day 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Dortmund ultras have released a statement offering to do grocery shopping and courier service for elderly or ill people forced to stay at home due to the coronavirus outbreak.

What a brilliant gesture!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, especially heavy snow.
1 hour ago, feb1991blizzard said:

What does this Russian situation mean - does this mean the cold war is going to rear its head again?

With climate change, maybe they could re-name it the 'Luke warm war?

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, The PIT said:

The summer might help to reduce the pace of spread but yes its looking unlikely its going to stop it at this point.

IR35 changes suspended.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
4 minutes ago, emmett garland said:

Can anybody tell me how many new cases in France today please

1097 - sadly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

I’m getting scared. We pay £1200 a month rent to a private landlord. If neither my fiancée or me have an income then do we just give a grand a month to a landlord? Do they get a mortgage holiday?

Fortunately we can contact them direct, so I’ve penned a message to pass on, but waiting before I send in case the govt have something hidden up their sleeves that they’re not telling us about. They just need to let people know

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
2 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

First vaccine by the Autumn? 

I don't think that is far off the mark, when the situation demands, science can be fast tracked in my opinion, the reason there hasn't been one for these kinds of viruses before is because not because its that difficult to do it, it has been because the viruses have either blown themselves out before it has become necessity, like with SARS, or because the viruses have not been that severe that they cause world wide misery - ie - the common cold, if there is a lot of money piled into it, they will do it.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
2 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Too many over reactionary posts... people with anxiety overload...

learnt this morning my sister in law in Denmark who has been five years cancer free (triple negative breast cancer- with double mastectomy) has found out she has lung cancer in both lungs... her immune system has been very low this last five years now has prospect of chemotherapy and even lower immune system just while Denmark is hit with corona virus... she is at a much higher risk than a lot of people here and may not survive this year...

please can the panic and over reaction on here please stop (I’d like it to with the wider public but will never happen). 
If anyone would also like to know my husband has had triple heart by pass, my mum is severely asthmatic and suppressed immune system and 69, my Nan is 93 with few health problems... 

we’re looking on the brighter side, being positive,  proactive but not panic buying and looking after each other and our neighbours...

please people get a grip of reality and take a deep breath 

ps Happy St Patrick’s Day 

Best wishes to them all.  I agree that there is a very good argument to be made for rational consideration, but, unfortunately, the authorties have to "ramp" these sort of things to get the willfully ignorant and careless to pay attention.

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, emmett garland said:

A single humble thank you.

Have you got connections with France, Emmet?

Posted
1 minute ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Best wishes to them all.  I agree that there is a very good argument to be made for rational consideration, but, unfortunately, the authorties have to "ramp" these sort of things to get the willfully ignorant and careless to pay attention.

Thank you

people need to take a step back and just be more realistic take to time to appreciate what they have and be more altruistic to those around them... 

currently panic and anxiety are getting out of hand in the wider public... a couple of people locally have taken their lives near here due to worry/anxiety/problems exacerbated by the current crisis... extremely sad

• Like 3

Posted

Regarding France the situation is vastly different across different regions .

Looking at the ARS site for Nouvelle Aquitaine upto last night they are still using a contain strategy to limit the spread .

There were a total of 207 confirmed cases .

Then if you compare that to example the Grand Est region.

There were 1543 cases upto last night .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes
Just now, Spikecollie said:

Have you got connections with France, Emmet?

Yes have friends very close to Quillan in sth east and  one young man trying to get home from Pyernees 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

Regarding France the situation is vastly different across different regions .

Looking at the ARS site for Nouvelle Aquitaine upto last night they are still using a contain strategy to limit the spread .

There were a total of 207 confirmed cases .

Then if you compare that to example the Grand Est region.

There were 1543 cases upto last night .

And L'Ile de France up to 2177.

Posted
1 minute ago, emmett garland said:

Yes have friends very close to Quillan in sth east and  one young man trying to get home from Pyernees 

Ah! Been through Quillan and know the gentler side (Perpignan) of the Pyrenees well.

Your "young man" should have no problem getting back to the UK but my hunch says get back sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

And L'Ile de France up to 2177.

That’s terrible . I think it makes sense for the government to still try and contain this where they can .

The regional info is also good as it gives you the cases currently in intensive care aswell .

The bubble finally burst  in Ariege with 2 confirmed cases . But across all the depts bordering the Pyrenees so far we’ve managed to avoid the worst .

I should add to that they are continuing contact tracing , which also covers links to areas of France with high case numbers .

Thats likely to continue unless the dam breaks here aswell and they have to move to more mitigation.

Edited by nick sussex
  • Like 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

The USA are now ahead of Italy at around day 13 since the 100th case

ETVgiE6XYAASgAD.thumb.jpg.a15b199990434dd5c4da05a86dabc431.jpg

Very concerning about America 

Personnely I don't really understand these type of charts but it looks for the most part were under this 33% growth which a positive