Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

COVID-19 Pandemic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes
1 minute ago, Summer Sun said:

6,337 tests in the 24hrs to 9am total 50,442 with 48,492 negative

407 new cases total 1,950 positive

That's a lot of tests which is good to see

• Like 3

Posted

I wonder what the impact will have on storm-chasing for this season in the States, not just the visiting international tours which obviously won't be going ahead but in terms of state-based chasers which news stations rely on getting confirmation of Tornadoes on the ground. I'd imagine with so many people staying indoors and the fear behind people congregating (especially in community storm-shelters) whether there's any planned strategy for this.

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Summer Sun said:

6,337 tests in the 24hrs to 9am total 50,442 with 48,492 negative

407 new cases total 1,950 positive

I wish the stats for those that have tested positive and recovered could be published as I get the impression there are a lot of people out there who believe catching COVID-19 is an automatic death sentence. 

Thankfully, in the vast majority of confirmed cases, people recover.  It's a shame that news isn't readily out there as well, and if it is, it's kept well hidden by the sensationalist media!

• Like 5

Posted
1 minute ago, snow raven said:

I wish the stats for those that have tested positive and recovered could be published as I get the impression there are a lot of people out there who believe catching COVID-19 is an automatic death sentence. 

Thankfully, in the vast majority of confirmed cases, people recover.  It's a shame that news isn't readily out there as well, and if it is, it's kept well hidden by the sensationalist media!

worldometers-fb.jpg
WWW.WORLDOMETERS.INFO

Live statistics and coronavirus news tracking the number of confirmed cases, recovered patients, and death toll by country due to the COVID 19 coronavirus from Wuhan, China...

C5E84DEF-DEBC-4630-9E21-C7D77E839626.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

TestsvInfectionsUK_17_3.thumb.png.44faeec2417d76e9372ea59e6d4baca7.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy
2 minutes ago, booferking said:

407 new cases today ramping up.

Are we not seeing 'doubling' every 3 or 4 days around Europe currently?

If so then by next week you'll be wishing for the 'good old days' when we were only seeing 400 'tested and confirmed' cases a day!!!

If we still reckon over 80% of cases either do not know they have it, or have it mild so never get tested, then the numbers of folk 'with it' are already huge surely?

I can't find the link (lost whilst waiting to post) but there is data from China showing that in tests on Monkey's once they've had the virus then they DO have immunity from it!!!!

Now it's about  'just catching it' (and taking your chances?), treating yourself as if you 'have it' (and knocking back viral load daily until your body has become immune?) or hiding away for months until we do see herd immunity emerge?

I suppose it's going to make spring/summer 'feel' very long this year? Let's hope for a good one eh?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

6,337 tests in the 24hrs the positive rate is 6.42% 

It is our highest number of tests in a single 24hr period with the highest daily rise in confirmed case.

Percentage wise it's our 5th highest

1. 9.16% - March 15th
  2. 6.92% - March 13th
  3. 6.87% - March 14th
  4. 6.83% - March 11th
  5. 6.42% - March 17th

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

99CE7396-A6C7-4635-A850-7D43D27AF54D.png

Just worth pointing our re critical cases that info is based on a presser last week with the CMO and CSO. It's not up to date.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny
11 minutes ago, snow raven said:

Nothing appears to be purposely hidden away to induce panic. 

These daily figures are released directly from the department of health but they do not include recoveries for whatever reason. I think it's unfair to blame the media when the government are the ones releasing those figures. 

It looks like there are only 52 recoveries (From the latest data). That's not significant enough to suppress the panic, it might even do the opposite.

Edited by Stabilo19
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

Don’t know what’s like everywhere else but nobody here seems to taking a blind bit of notice about social distancing everything just seems the same as normal here. Some people don’t seem to have a clue what’s going on amazingly.

If this is going to work i think it will need to be enforced and much stronger leadership with decisive decisions made or I fear we live to regret it

• Like 4

Posted
2 minutes ago, seabreeze86 said:

Don’t know what’s like everywhere else but nobody here seems to taking a blind bit of notice about social distancing everything just seems the same as normal here. Some people don’t seem to have a clue what’s going on amazingly.

If this is going to work i think it will need to be enforced and much stronger leadership with decisive decisions made or I fear we live to regret it

Why shouldn’t they/we. Everyone has free will and choice.

I met up with a fellow parent with her 3 year old daughter to play with my son at the park today. Pleasant Spring day, fantastic community facility, been waiting all winter for a few dry days to get to the park!

Separate to us their were several grandparents there with their grandchildren happily playing. 

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, seabreeze86 said:

Agreed, yesterday's wishy washy advice isn't enough. A lot of Brits are brushing it off as nothing to worry about. 

• Like 3

Posted
14 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

99CE7396-A6C7-4635-A850-7D43D27AF54D.png

Does make you wonder how accurate it all is, though. France 400 in intensive care, Germany just 2 - but similar amount of active cases?

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Andy Bown said:

I met up with a fellow parent with her 3 year old daughter to play with my son at the park today. Pleasant Spring day, fantastic community facility, been waiting all winter for a few dry days to get to the park!

Separate to us their were several grandparents there with their grandchildren happily playing. 

This is a selfish viewpoint given the current situation

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Man With Beard said:

Does make you wonder how accurate it all is, though. France 400 in intensive care, Germany just 2 - but similar amount of active cases?

The first 4 are accurate based on official data (real numbers are obviously far far higher). The rest are not accurate by any means for most countries.

• Like 2

Posted

4 youngests in ICU cork, all had taken ibuprofen, NHS Wales advice do not take.

Edited by beatpete
  • Like 1

Posted
Just now, Stabilo19 said:

This is a selfish viewpoint given the current situation

People are in for a big shock if the government go all out and you won't be able to leave home without an essential reason (see France)

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Why should you?

Well, because even though you might not care about the risk to your own health, there's a risk you could pass the virus onto other people who could end up seriously ill or dead.

The advice has been given for a reason.

• Like 9

Posted
4 minutes ago, beatpete said:

4 you are in ICU cork, all had taken ibuprofen, NHS Wales advice do not take.

Is this legit?  because I saw a similar thing from Ireland about 4 youths who had taken Ibuprofen and were now in ICU. It was later debunked as a complete myth.

EDIT: Yes, this is a confirmed hoax by some sick f**k out there.

It's probably still for the best to not take Ibuprofen as per recent scientific consensus, but this story is a hoax. Please remember to check facts/provide sources before posting stories etc.

Edited by Azazel
  • Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

Does seem a bit of a strange difference, on face value. But...

Germany has approx 25,000 respiratory devices to assist, the most, by far, in Europe. Germany is seen as best equipped in Europe to manage severe cases within their hospitals.

Edited by Bristle boy
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
1 hour ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

schools open do not worry about ofsted though 

I just want the choice if my daughter goes in or not. Even if people don't agree with me.

• Like 1