Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

COVID-19 Pandemic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

As hinted last night we are seeing glimmers of hope in Italy. The message is clear lockdown early and you can beat it.

• Like 1

Guest Delete Me
13 minutes ago, Mattwolves said:

Here is a bit of a tongue twister for you folks.. The good folks of those wonderful carrabean Isles are also taking this corona virus seriously. One of there artists ziggy has just unleashed a song giving some advice to stay safe... It took me a little while to work it out, but I must admit it sounds good when you put it together quickly. 

Mi just ah think, we cyan a guh roun and touch people like we used to. Then me link wid one of my G den and you nah da likkle supmdeh, neh we ah rub off big finga. Mi seh dah hail deh nah, it haffi guh cut out. Because dis nuh good fi we health right nah. Right deh so now, Di song pop in a Mi head like like we nah need to move wid de foot and nah de hand. 

There yah guh, I finally got it.. Good stuff jamaica. 

My-In-laws are in Jamaica, their hotel in Negril has shut and they're being moved to another. Mother in law has fallen ill, shes 70 and has had pneumonia, sepsis and a stroke within the last few years.

Posted

Number one son just turned up to collect his share of the beers we have been making.  He is resigned to the fact that him and our daughter in law and children will one way or another get it but says that’s fine because if they can get over it sooner they are better placed to help the rest of the family if needed later.

Told him that I started the original thread on the coronavirus and was surprised how many responses there had been.  His response was oh it went viral did it?

Don’t think the NHS will be asking him to supply their protective equipment. 

D92681BC-FA6E-4062-AA05-4C80DD58153F.jpeg

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
2 minutes ago, emax said:

PLEASE PLEASE actually read things before sharing them. It has NOTHING to do with the virus! 

Correct, I heard this on the radio this morning. Dixon’s was well in the process of scaling down its frontline operations before the outbreak started.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Cold, Very Snowy

Toilet Roll has moved from a joke to a serious issue. I went out for three hours today, to 7 shops to help out elderly relatives. Each shop was far worse than Christmas and the jostling and pushing crowds were like Glastonbury. Perfect for catching viruses and I did it 7 times!

All the kitchen towels, tissues and baby wipes were gone too and no doubt these will be used and end up blocking sewers or in bins. In both cases adding health hazards. Someone needs to get a grip of this urgently.

• Like 5

Posted

I work at a university where face-to-face teaching has been ended this week plus the summer exams are cancelled. We all have to find ways to teach online for the rest of the lectures plus find alternative ways to assess the summer exams. It's causing a lot of extra work and stress for both staff and students. The university sector is very very reliant on overseas students and this could cause severe financial difficulties in the sector; many are already struggling. I'm wondering if I'll have a job come September.

My husband's whole department at a bank in London has been told to work from home indefinitely and to expect redundancies in the near future.

We are both in our 50s with mild asthma, our autistic son also has mild asthma. We are not in the risk categories per se so hoping our health remains intact, but finding new jobs at our ages may well be a challenge should it come to that once we are out the other side of all this.

• Like 4

Posted
24 minutes ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

2nd 

Laura Ashley on the brink anyway. Car phone Warehouse said coronavirus had nothing to do with their decision . It was the change in the way people bought their phones. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any kind of extremes. But the more snow the better.
6 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

My-In-laws are in Jamaica, their hotel in Negril has shut and they're being moved to another. Mother in law has fallen ill, shes 70 and has had pneumonia, sepsis and a stroke within the last few years.

Fantastic people and culture. I'm sorry to hear that Paul, here's hoping for them to feel better soon. 

• Like 1

Posted
36 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

Can you ask your HR department? They might have guidelines your manager has not shared with you?  and is it at all possible to work from home?

Hi lottie, they are having a meeting today they have told me they will get back to me. I'm feeling anxious now, knowing my place they will tell me i have to come in, but i cant adhere to social distancing where i work, which puts the onus on me to phone in sock.

Im really worried ..

• Like 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Spain's morning update has reported 1,236 new cases and 149 new deaths.

11,178 confirmed cases and 491 deaths

Deary me so they also join the ranks of those getting daily deaths above 100...they maybe closer to Italy's number by the end of the day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
7 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

I still have a cough today, but it's bring up whatever was on my chest, so for now at least, I'm doing OK. 

Hi Alexis,

I developed a nasty Cough (unusual for me) about 3 Weeks ago. My Wife was very concerned, as I was starting to cough up some "green gunge" (apologies to those taking an early lunch). Colette, as you are aware, is a Senior in a Care Home, pretty "hot" on all things medical, and that symptom was not a good sign.

With the help of my Wife, phoned my G.P. Practice, was told under no circumstances to appear at the Surgery.

About an hour and a half later., I received a Phone Call Consultation from a G.P.

From my symptoms, although the Doctor didn't think I had the Coronavirus but a nasty Cold Virus, he couldn't be a 100% sure without a test. He electronically sent a Prescription to a Pharmacy, at our local Sainsburys, for a 7 Day supply of Amoxicillin.

It will be 3 Weeks Tomorrow, that my symptoms first started and I took it upon myself to "self isolate" but fortunately, having made sure I completed the entire course of the Antibiotics, the Cough and "gunge" have disappeared.

Regards,

Tom.   :hi:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
22 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

The Health Minister here has said the situation in the Haut-Rhin Dept is extremely concerning .

Close to being no more available ventilators . The issue isn’t just with enough  but you need sufficient qualified nurses who are trained on those.

That Dept was one of the clusters that appeared and this is the issue, if your cases aren’t spread more evenly then that’s what can really cause one area to be overwhelmed .

Its not just the amount of cases . Which seems to get a lot of media attention.

Can't they just go on longer ambulance journeys to other hospitals?, i am ignorant though as to the geography of France though so don't know how many surrounding areas are nearby.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
4 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Hi Alexis,

I developed a nasty Cough (unusual for me) about 3 Weeks ago. My Wife was very concerned, as I was starting to cough up some "green gunge" (apologies to those taking an early lunch). Colette, as you are aware, is a Senior in a Care Home, pretty "hot" on all things medical, and that symptom was not a good sign.

With the help of my Wife, phoned my G.P. Practice, was told under no circumstances to appear at the Surgery.

About an hour and a half later., I received a Phone Call Consultation from a G.P.

From my symptoms, although the Doctor didn't think I had the Coronavirus but a nasty Cold Virus, he couldn't be a 100% sure without a test. He electronically sent a Prescription to a Pharmacy, at our local Sainsburys, for a 7 Day supply of Amoxicillin.

It will be 3 Weeks Tomorrow, that my symptoms first started and I took it upon myself to "self isolate" but fortunately, having made sure I completed the entire course of the Antibiotics, the Cough and "gunge" have disappeared.

Regards,

Tom.   :hi:

Mines clear and quite wet to, so I think unlikely to be covid-19 I was worried yesterday though. Problem is whenever I get a cough I tend to need anti biotic after about three weeks, everything muscle wise is rather weak, I can never cough it all up. 

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Mines clear and quite wet to, so I think unlikely to be covid-19 I was worried yesterday though. Problem is whenever I get a cough I tend to need anti biotic after about three weeks, everything muscle wise is rather weak, I can never cough it all 

God bless Alex , my anxiety levels are theough the roof.

My doctors sugery is closed and impossible to reach by fone.

Edited by northwestsnow
  • Like 1

Posted

In Italy, a small town of 3000 tested ... 50-75% were asymptomatic at time of testing yet still give positive result and were highly infectious.

ROME - "The vast majority of people infected with Covid-19, between 50 and 75%, are completely asymptomatic but represent a formidable source of contagion". The Professor of Clinical Immunology of the University of Florence Sergio Romagnani writes this at the top of the Tuscany Region, in anticipation of a strong increase in cases also in the Region, on the basis of the study on the inhabitants of Vo 'Euganeo where the 3000 inhabitants of the country are been subjected to swab.

The immunologist explains that the data provided by the study carried out on all the inhabitants of Vo 'Euganeo highlight two very important information: "the percentage of infected people, even if asymptomatic, in the population is very high and represents the majority of cases above all, but not only that, among young people; and the isolation of asymptomatics is essential to be able to control the spread of the virus and the severity of the disease ".

204642850-df5f1cfc-2ac1-45d6-91d0-0e97c9
WWW.REPUBBLICA.IT

Lettera dell'immunologo Romagnani alla Regione Toscana basandosi su una ricerca effettuata sugli ammalati del paesino veneto. "Ora bisogna cercare di

• Like 6

Posted
9 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Can't they just go on longer ambulance journeys to other hospitals?, i am ignorant though as to the geography of France though so don't know how many surrounding areas are nearby.

To a degree but the whole region is in trouble there .

The thing in the UKs favour is it’s a bit easier to transport with not as much distance between larger towns and cities.

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

God bless Alex , my anxiety levels are theough the roof.

My doctors sugery is closed and impossible to reach by fone.

Serously? - are they now closing doctors surgeries because of it?

Posted
1 minute ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Yes, to patient access, my partner works at leesbrook medical practice in lees, thrre  is a sign on the door saying no patients can go in.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny summers, cold & snowy winters
2 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

I know of one Dr Surgery that was closed due to a suspected case. It turned out to be a false alarm, but they still spend 48 hours deep cleaning the place. Back open now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Top doctor says she beat coronavirus with paracetamol, lemonade and chicken soup

WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK

Ex-head of the Royal College of GPs Dr Clare Gerada, 60, caught the bug after returning from New York, and has revealed what it was like to have the deadly virus

Posted
Just now, northwestsnow said:

Yes, to patient access, my partner works at leesbrook medical practice in lees, thrre  is a sign on the door saying no patients can go in.

So the NHS or government cannot moan then if people present at A&E when not an emergency, sometimes you go to the doctors because you might have something that might not be an immediate emergency but could become one if you don't seek medical advice - ie- mild chest pain but you're not actually having a heart attack at that moment but the chest pain may be a sign you are at risk for one.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
6 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

My daughters surgery is also closed to anyone who they haven't asked to come in through phone call. I'm wondering if the phone line is busy, or not running at all. 

• Like 3

Posted
4 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Top doctor says she beat coronavirus with paracetamol, lemonade and chicken soup

spacer.png
WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK

Ex-head of the Royal College of GPs Dr Clare Gerada, 60, caught the bug after returning from New York, and has revealed what it was like to have the deadly virus

Well that is welcome news.  Might possibly she had a far from severe infection?

• Like 2