Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

COVID-19 Pandemic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Disclose.tv

@disclosetv·1m

BREAKING - Volkswagen and Audi stop production amid #COVID19 fallout for the time being.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic Storms, Thunder & Lightning, Snow.
coronavirus_1603.jpg
WWW.PHARMACEUTICAL-TECHNOLOGY.COM

I-Mab Biopharma has announced plans to develop TJM2 (TJ003234) for the treatment of cytokine storm caused due to severe and critical Covid-19 infection.
WWW.PHARMACEUTICAL-TECHNOLOGY.COM

Pharmaceutical news and in-depth feature articles on the new drug discoveries, healthcare research and development, big pharma trends and company deals.

Edited by Dreckly
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
10 minutes ago, Snipper said:

It is worth remembering many landlords will be worrying because their income may well cease.  Contrary to what might be the first thought not all landlords are money grabbing people or companies. Several of my clients use to run a business and on their retirement they let the premises to provide a pension. Should they be compensated as well?

Yes, but they would be because anyone letting a flat or house now if they lose their job will be on DSS - so as long as they accept DSS payments (some don't) then they will be.

Edited by feb1991blizzard
  • Like 2

Posted

316 reported cases overnight in Germany.

Malaysia has had its first death. Many SE Asia countries still rising in terms of cases as well. Important to note as they are typically in the 30c+ range during the day..

• Like 1

Posted

I just received a text message from the government about the new regulations .

And if you don’t have a printer you can simply reproduce the attestation on a piece of paper by hand .

Macrons address last night was watched by 35 million which is quite extraordinary.

Hopefully this engagement by the public will lead to a better outcome in overcoming the virus spread .

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
3 hours ago, Spikecollie said:

From tomorrow, here in France, we all have to carry an "attestation" that you download from the Interior Ministry when going out. You have to provide one of very few valid reasons for being out and about on the form. It feels a litle like something from an "Iron Curtain" movie. Weird times to be living through.

Is it electronic on phones, just wondering in case they eventually do something similar here, I have no printer. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
9 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

I just received a text message from the government about the new regulations .

And if you don’t have a printer you can simply reproduce the attestation on a piece of paper by hand .

Macrons address last night was watched by 35 million which is quite extraordinary.

Hopefully this engagement by the public will lead to a better outcome in overcoming the virus spread .

It's not just one piece of paper, Nick. I was just on the Government website where you download the form and you have to have one for each day and one for each reason you are out of the house - running, cycling, dog walking, shopping, work. I'll be bloody snowed under with sheets of paper by the end of this.

Edited by Spikecollie
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Going into a huge gathering is like going into the battlefield/warzone regarding this Pandemic.

Edited by pip22
  • Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Is it electronic on phones, just wondering in case they eventually do something similar here, I have no printer. 

No, but you are allowed to hand write your own if you have no printer but since, as I said earlier, you need one for each day and one for each activity each day (here anyway) you'd be spending your entire time writing. I'm going to have one with all the relevant boxes ticked per day and claim ignorance I think!

Edited by Spikecollie

Posted
8 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

It's not just one piece of paper, Nick. I was just on the Government website where you download the form and you have to have one for each day and one for each reason you are out of the house - running, cycling, dog walking, shopping, work. I'll be bloody snowed under with sheets of paper by the end of this.

Probably the only snow you will see this winter/spring

• Like 3

Posted

Just been told by SMS that I am to be issued with masks for work and they will be delivered tomorrow.

• Like 3

Posted

Always keen to explore new ideas.. What are the chances of this virus having been circulating around the UK for some time before the first case was officially confirmed.

Were some "regular" flu deaths over Christmas/New Year actually this new thing and not accounted as such?

TBH I've never known a winter like it in terms of people close to me with a virus, lung problems, etc..

Might be something which comes out in the wash in due course.

• Like 7

Posted
14 minutes ago, pip22 said:

Going into a huge gathering is like going into the battlefield/warzone regarding this Pandemic.

Which is why Cheltenham will be the source of an enquiry down the line, whenever normality returns.

• Like 4

Posted
1 minute ago, Dagmar said:

Always keen to explore new ideas.. What are the chances of this virus having been circulating around the UK for some time before the first case was officially confirmed.

Were some "regular" flu deaths over Christmas/New Year actually this new thing and not accounted as such?

TBH I've never known a winter like it in terms of people close to me with a virus, lung problems, etc..

Might be something which comes out in the wash in due course.

This has been echoed by many in this thread and all over social media. I had a very intense respiratory illness over Christmas - very likely the flu but I had a day or so where I struggled to breathe which is less common.

It's unlikely but in my very humble opinion, not impossible.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Which is why Cheltenham will be the source of an enquiry down the line, whenever normality returns.

I know, what a stupid idea it was to keep those massive sporting events going for that week, at a time when the whole of Europe had more or less already shut down. We knew this would be the case, so many of us were saying that the government was being way too slow in introducing these measures of banning gathering.

Also, many children are being kept at home at the moment, starting to look almost pointless keeping schools open at the moment in the way we are seeing.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any kind of extremes. But the more snow the better.
48 minutes ago, matty007 said:

if you can't see the analogy made, then I am at a loss. Something does not have to be fought with  guns and military to be a war. A war can be described as anything that pits you against a foe. This virus is absoutely a foe.  And no, without Flu vaccines, we would absoutely NOT see a situation like this every year. Flu vaccines are largely ineffective in the general population against many strains of Flu. Yes, they save lives, but it would be rather silly to say that we would have pandemics without them.

Take some time and research Influenza vaccines. You will quickly establish that for many cases, they are woefully ineffective.

Spot on matty, in 2017/2018 we had over 15,000 deaths from flu in the UK, namely due to the fact the vaccines was giving insufficient protection.. I think we received over 50,000 winter deaths also.. So i shudder to think what would have happened if this virus started doing the rounds in December on top of a cold winter! So basically some of these flu vaccines can sometimes end up being only effective for a few in 10...keeping up with the varients of influenza can be extremely hard work. 

• Like 3

Posted
2 hours ago, Sky Full said:

WARNING  - CONTROVERSIAL POST ALERT!  I can't help thinking that the policy of protecting the NHS above all else may be wrong if by doing that substantial numbers of businesses throughout the whole country are brought to their knees by the enforced self-isolation of the work force.  This would leave the country in a very poor economic state for years to come.

Perhaps it would be better simply to let everyone carry on as normal and only those who contract the virus stay at home for a couple of weeks until they recover.  A majority of the population takes more than two weeks off for holidays anyway so this couldn't bring commerce to a halt on its own.

The NHS seems destined to be overwhelmed by this whatever we do so we must all be prepared to be denied a hospital bed if we get this virus but it seems most people are recovering at home without serious suffering.  

This is why it makes sense for only the most vulnerable groups to isolate themselves while everyone else gains immunity.  I would controversially suggest that very many over 70 and those with serious or life threatening illnesses are probably not working anyway so their isolation will make little or no difference to the running of the country.

I think that was roughly the original plan, they've changed it for a reason, and it's not to protect the NHS but us, don't confuse trying to keep the mortality rate low by not over swamping the NHS all at once, as protecting the NHS. If they get swamped more people die. 

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, Blessed Weather said:

The COVID-19 topic in the Netweather Learning & Research Area continues to be updated. Here are the latest entries where you will find onward links to the respective websites:

• Q&A by The World Health Organisation (constantly updated and many topics covered)
  • NHS advice about CV19
  • Stay at home advice by Public Health England
  • Looking after your mental health during the outbreak by The Mental Health Foundation
  • CV19 and pregnancy by the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists.

Good have good nitty gritty information and not wild speculation from the Twitterarty and the likes

Edited by Snipper
  • Like 3

Posted
2 hours ago, Azazel said:

So i've arrived at work. I can absolutely work from home. Everyone so far is carrying on as normal. Should I say something? The official Government advice is to work from home if you can. I wan't to stay safe and keep others safe and I'm a little concerned we aren't going to be allowed because our branch manager doesn't trust us enough to work from home.

Has your boss with sick children stayed at home today re new government guidelines? 

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
7 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

I think that was roughly the original plan, they've changed it for a reason, and it's not to protect the NHS but us, don't confuse trying to keep the mortality rate low by not over swamping the NHS all at once, as protecting the NHS. If they get swamped more people die. 

Its getting  more worrying by the day.

I fall into the strict social isolation category due to an underlying health condition, i honestly dont know whether i should go to work as 400 people work there and i certainly cannot adhere to the strict social isolation policy if i go to work.

I also have a mortgage , what a mess.

Will work have to suspend me on health and or insurance grounds? Who makes the decision? Me or work?

Edited by northwestsnow
  • Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, jonboy said:

This is getting ridiculous. This is not a war. What next trenches and machine gun posts to stop strangers entering your community?

The reason we have these restrictions is because of the effect it has on the most vulnerable.  Lets be clear if we didn't have flu vaccines we would be in this position every year. This virus has developed very quickly because we have an open world. 

Lessons have not been learnt from Sars however we are already seeing promise for a vaccine based on the Sars pathogen. We not be able to vaccinate the whole world by next year but perhaps we will be able to vaccinate the most vulnerable.

What this tells us in an open world we should not go down an isolationist route but be open and work with all to achieve common goals 

I wasn’t considering it war but a massive challenge. In doing so worth considering what has happened for other major events to try and judge what to do now.

Posted
5 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Has your boss with sick children stayed at home today re new government guidelines? 

He's not in this office but I believe he's gone into another office. They're having a management meeting on Skype right now I believe with regards to the plan.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty
2 hours ago, Snipper said:

As a connected aside do some essential oils kill the virus? So many claims made. Thinking of the likes of Teatree and Lavender Oil.  Absolutely no intention of rushing out and buying any.  Just interested. 

pmc-logo-share.png
WWW.NCBI.NLM.NIH.GOV

Herbs and the essential oils derived from them have been used from the beginning of human history for different purposes. Their beneficial properties have been applied to mask unpleasant odors, attract...

I’ve mixed an air mister spray up - tea tree, clove oil, eucalyptus.  If it doesn’t do any good as an anti-viral I figured it cannot do any harm.    

Edited by Snowycat
  • Like 1