Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

COVID-19 Pandemic

Posted
24 minutes ago, Dami said:

I just wish I had the choice in the next couple of weeks to home school my daughter. I know it will be hard to close the schools but at least this could lessen numbers. 

I'll keep you posted.

Just write a letter saying you have decided to homeschool. That's all you need to do. Schools in most authorities are required to keep the space open for several months in case you change your mind. 

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Not talking about if ill, but both me and my husband have conditions that may be covered by the twelve week thing, it'll be impossible to keep the kids in that long. 

So there is one of the problems. Sorry if I keep coming back to it what would be your advice.

Posted
28 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

If you think this past 10-14 days was bad then you aint seen nothing yet.

There are a lot of scared people out there tonight.

Yep. But it means that during this week, even though govt has just advised to avoid non-essential, people will stock up and therefore be ready for enforced lockdown. I think this is why government, privately, are quite comfortable with people stockpiling, esp as retailers have huge stock still at their warehouses.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Now complete chaos at work with another email saying work from home but only if your job role allows it. Doh.

• Like 1

Posted

Regarding fatality rate, Chris Whitty is confident the fatality rate is a bit lower than 1%, without taking into account asymptomatic cases. Unfortunately we don't know enough about this disease and no serology testing has been done to get an accurate measure of this. What we hope for is for a huge proportion of cases to be asymptomatic.

• Like 3

Posted
11 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Idris Elba‏ has tested positive for coronavirus and has NO symptoms so far.

If the Diamond Princess study is anything to go by, up to 50% of people may never get proper symptoms. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

First death in the north east confirmed this evening the elderly patient was in the North Tees Hospital in Stockton with underlying health conditions.

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/first-teesside-coronavirus-death-confirmed-17930260

• Like 2

Posted
19 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Not talking about if ill, but both me and my husband have conditions that may be covered by the twelve week thing, it'll be impossible to keep the kids in that long. 

I have a feeling when the deaths hit 10000, people will suddenly find they will do anything to stop the spread going any further. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

More than 1000 new cases in Germany in the last 24 hours.

No news on France yet, suspect they're saving it for Macron's big moment!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

My daughters school have a great plan for when it snows and they would usually close. They stay open for children who’s parents are nurses, police, Doctors fireman etc and also those whose parents really can’t take time off work to look after them. This dramatically reduces the amount of kids at school from 230 ‘ish to around 20 kids. I wonder if they’ve considered something like this? My eldest Son in secondary said his form class was only half full by Friday last week as parents had kept their children at home. 

As for the governments latest ‘advice’ they’re really heavily assuming that the public are going to merrily take the advice because we are a mature and sensible society or whatever the heck he said. Lol not sure who’s he’s trying to kid. Yes some will but seriously he needs to take a look at that video of brits abroad singing ‘we’ve all got the virus” and then he might realise the mentality of some people and why tougher measures might well be needed. 

• Like 4

Posted

I think this article is very important. Anyone under the age of 50 thinking they just need to catch this and get it over with needs to know the truth about what it could mean. 

skynews-coronavirus-covid-19_4943976.jpg
NEWS.SKY.COM

An anaesthetist writes: "Much of the impact of coronavirus is sadly unavoidable."

• Like 2

Posted

Iceland will be opening an hour earlier to allow older people to shop. I guess other people can shop for them as well. However if you then realise you've been exposed they are going to be really happy.

Pity the Government hasn't introduced rationing as well.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
33 minutes ago, AWD said:

Anything and everything.   More so Aggregate, Tarmac, Limestone, ballast, waste etc. 

Well waste will still need moving, I'm not sure about the building stuff though, I don't think construction was mentioned. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
5 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

I think this article is very important. Anyone under the age of 50 thinking they just need to catch this and get it over with needs to know the truth about what it could mean. 

skynews-coronavirus-covid-19_4943976.jpg
NEWS.SKY.COM

An anaesthetist writes: "Much of the impact of coronavirus is sadly unavoidable."

That is very scary...I kind of wish I hadn't read it.

• Like 1

Posted

Looks like the drugs are being fast tracked however it will still be months before they know whether they will work or not then you got to produce enough.

• Like 1

Posted

Macron calling out those who are not taking this seriously . Accusing them of putting other people at risk . Really not mincing his words .

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
27 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

So. Those with significant health conditions will be contacted by the NHS 

Good, just hoping for no phone call now, although I may be contacting 111 myself soon. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

A number of council owned venues in Darlington are closing from tomorrow until further notice

• Crown Street library and Cockerton library
  • The Dolphin Centre
  • Eastbourne Sports Complex
  • Head of Steam - Darlington Railway Museum
  • Darlington Hippodrome

It seems like mass shutdowns will take place before Boris finally decides to announce it

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
26 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

The announcement today is to prepare people for outright ban and closure, bar supermarkets, pharmacies, and a few other outlets. Outright sledgehammer 'ban/closure' probably come in by the weekend possibly?

Interesting that they are doing this before we've seen a real percentage fall in Italian growth. In Wuhan they stopped people working unlike there.

Posted
1 minute ago, Summer Sun said:

Updated graph for daily confirmed cases 

download.thumb.png.fb02dcb1584dfcb54672a908e25e8116.png

Updated graph for Cumulative Cases

2032852936_download(1).thumb.png.b8414b0c9180938c42a7f355f612d611.png

Why do all graphs posted on here seldom have al the information needed.  Would assume it might be for UK or is it England or somewhere else?

• Like 2