Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

COVID-19 Pandemic

Posted
23 minutes ago, Mark88 said:

This is interesting from the Guardian- I wonder how long the UK government can resist the pressure to lockdown. It's interesting that they suddenly trust in experts now when experts have been dismissed from a large range of other topics in the past few years.

Our legal affairs correspondent Owen Bowcott has this from Northern Ireland:

Lawyers acting for the mother of a child who has asthma and attends a primary school in County Armagh are planning to launch a judicial review of the Stormont government’s decision not to close schools in Northern Ireland.

Darragh Mackin, a solicitor at Phoenix Law, said that the girl suffers underlying health problems, including severe asthma and is at a greater risk of harm should she contract the coronavirus.

He added: “It is clear that the respective public bodies have each failed in their respective obligations to our client, and indeed all children, by continuing to require their attendance at school in circumstances in which they would be at an increased risk of contracting the condition.

There is no time for any further delay. The necessary policies and decisions all need to be taken in a manner that recognises the real and immediate risk.

“The wider international community has spoken. Their advice cannot and should not be ignored.

“It is a deplorable situation when a mother has to initiate urgent legal proceedings to ensure that her child, and indeed children across the jurisdiction, are afforded the necessary protections and safeguards required under law.”

The Guardian? Hmm. Cant believe they'd find something to knock the current government.

Guest Delete Me

Me and the wife have both got a sore throat, headache and feel generally tired and achy. She's got a cough whereas I have not.

Now under PHE guidelines neither of us are really symptomatic, however if you go by what some people who've had the virus have said then a lot of people fall into the bracket

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Downing Street will have daily live TV updates starting from tomorrow 

Press conferences will be held by either Boris or a senior minister

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms
2 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Maybe. A lot of behavioural science being used, as well as 'pure' science. Could be tactically astute or a massive fail?  Time will tell, probs.

The Police couldn't cope with the scale in the UK. How much more stockpiling needs to be done?  Most people will now not have enough money to buy anymore.  

Martial-law in this country would be very grey. Hence my feelings Army would need to be drawn in at last resort.

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Paul Faulkner said:

Me and the wife have both got a sore throat, headache and feel generally tired and achy. She's got a cough whereas I have not.

Now under PHE guidelines neither of us are really symptomatic, however if you go by what some people who've had the virus have said then a lot of people fall into the bracket

I think based on the guidance you probably need to self isolate, especially because she has a cough as well.

Seems alot of uncertainty about at the moment. Could do with a massive advertising campaign. I've heard some, but I think they really need to go overboard with the message.

Summer Sun - literally just wrote this message as that news comes out!

Edited by kold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
10 minutes ago, Robbie Garrett said:

The country has food-banks the size of multiple football fields. Hence the Army.  I've heard things from people in places, and I think plans are under the way.  Nothing of doomsday though!

I've the money to buy food as and when needed but not to buy extra, wouldn't qualify for food banks. 

• Like 2

Guest Delete Me
2 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

I've the money to buy food as and when needed but not to buy extra, wouldn't qualify for food banks. 

Good luck finding any food based on this weekends photos

Posted
28 minutes ago, Boro Snow said:

not watched it but maybe people have starved to death

Looking through the replies there are a few in Chinese stating that the footage was from earlier in the year and it was due to Carbon-monoxide poisoning.  Note: that all they did was simply open the door, it was not sealed or locked and did not require breaking into.

People really need to stop posting everything they find on twitter, just because it's written in Chinese doesn't make it automatically true... they can lie for attention just like anyone else...  

Edited by Ryukai
  • Like 5

Posted
10 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Naturally the 'leaked report' has made it on to the front page of the Daily Express

IMG_20200315_224854.thumb.jpg.32e2fdc646dc11b2bca0dec0d096174e.jpg

No one will take any notice given how many silly weather stories and miracle drugs cure's they talked about over the years

Unfortunately everyone notices and talks about headlines. 

• Like 1

Posted

My daughter has been told by a worker in our NHS to prepare for country lockdown sometime this week.  An email went out to all employees in our area.

So yes the lockdown a lot of you are calling for is coming sooner rather than later.

As an aside note I think I am someone who has had it recently.  Last Friday I started with a temp took tabs felt better.  Took tabs Sat had very aggravating cough.  Sunday felt a lot better and most noticeably I commented to OH that I had not been blocked up at all.  By tuesday I had crackles on my lungs when I breathed out I coughed. No crackles anymore but coughing up white junk from lungs which I suspect is pus.  If this was the virus it has not effected me too badly.  And I have been self isolating all week.

Edited by Snow Queen one
  • Like 4

Posted
19 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Could be bet what about those who can't stock pile like me, haven't got the money. 

I have £5 a week to spend on food after paying the bills, absolutely zero chance of stock piling food for me  

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Andy Bown said:

Serious question, I need to know for the sanity of myself and my 3 year old son should the situation transpire ; If you’re on lockdown can you really be prevented from going for a walk on a sunny day!?

If ordered to stay at home yes, can go in garden if you have one but must stay 2 m from boundaries.....from BBC news last night

Posted
6 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

Good luck finding any food based on this weekends photos

Exactly, it's difficult for sure. 

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

Same as me Paul, been like this 4 days now. I'm a high candidate to catch it as my job means I'm surrounded in close proximity by people who've traveled all over the world. Would normally go to work with the symptoms I've got - nothing more than bothersome - but I have a sneeky feeling this is COVID-19. Government check list says I'm fine to work I think, though? 

Edited by Man With Beard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
2 minutes ago, Robbie Garrett said:

Aches and pain, cough, fever, headache mostly at front, nasal congestion, sore throat and tiredness.  Can't remember if I had a shortness of breath though.

I would have interacted at work with hundreds of Chinese tourists and my local area has a few thousand residents (students etc).   

Maybe you did have it and if I was you right now I'd be feeling a bit more relaxed about the whole thing but I wouldn't be complacent. 

Guest Delete Me
5 minutes ago, beatpete said:

If ordered to stay at home yes, can go in garden if you have one but must stay 2 m from boundaries.....from BBC news last night

I'd be very interested to see how they would police and control a full lockdown in the UK.

Posted
6 minutes ago, Snow Queen one said:

My daughter has been told by a worker in our NHS to prepare for country lockdown sometime this week.  An email went out to all employees in our area.

So yes the lockdown a lot of you are calling for is coming sooner rather than later.

It has to happen really, because there is so much pressure from so many different angles combined with the fact that our death rate has started to take off, given a good indication we are now on that upward curve that the lines of Spain and Italy have been on in previous weeks.

Guest Delete Me
3 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

Same as me PAUL, been like this 4 days now. I'm a high candidate to catch it as my job means I'm surrounded in close proximity by people who've traveled all over the world. Would normally go to work with the symptoms I've got - nothing more than bothersome - but I have a sneeky feeling this is COVID-19. Government check list says I'm fine to work I think, though? 

Strange isn't it mate - I work in a secondary school with 1,000 students and 150 staff - I know a few who are exhibiting symptoms of what could be a bad cough / cold / flu but because of the guidelines we wouldnt be classed as symptomatic.

Stay safe bro!

Posted
3 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

I'd be very interested to see how they would police and control a full lockdown in the UK.

Couldn't where I live, we are surrounded by forests and mountains I rarely see anyone when I go for a walk, fear might be enough though..

Guest Delete Me
5 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Norway RATIONING medicines amid corona virus pandemic – Insulin, paracetamol

http://timesofsweden.com/2020/03/15/norway-rationing-medicine-amid-corona-virus-pandemic-insulin-paracetamol/

Something we need to do ASAP here - there is already a shortage of ibuprofen and paracetamol that goes back to the summer of 2019.

Posted
6 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

And how do you buy food if you can't get it delivered?

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Andy Bown said:

Serious question, I need to know for the sanity of myself and my 3 year old son should the situation transpire ; If you’re on lockdown can you really be prevented from going for a walk on a sunny day!?

Andy - I've been thinking the same thing. I went out for a lovely 10 miler yesterday. Unexpectedly wet to start, then glorious for a while and it did me so much good for my mental well-being. Social distancing was awkward at times, but understood with a few body language signals.

My parents are both recovering from cancer and live in Weymouth in their 70s. The outlaws are over 70 too in Marlow. For my parents we've already talked about them getting out early in the day for a stroll on a deserted beach. How important the period is from leaving the house and getting back in, stripping of clothes etc.

For the outlaws the chat we had today was similar about getting quickly in and out of the house and up to the Chilterns. Plenty of Social Distancing and no stopping at pubs.

There is absolutely no way of policing this. It will 100% do more good than harm in curing cabin fever. Take whatever precautions you see fit. Stop, walk slowly, move left, move right, go backwards, vaseline your nose... whatever you do smile and enjoy some vitamin D and be safe.

• Like 2

Guest Delete Me
3 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

And how do you buy food if you can't get it delivered?

Like other countries - essential travel only to supermarkets and pharmacies / doctors or hospital.

We don't have the police force to maintain a working lockdown, this country is full of braindead folk