Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

COVID-19 Pandemic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
3 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Im not going to lie, that Guardian article has me feeling terrified ..

I don't want to come across like I'm patronising you but do try and relax.. If it's affecting you like that you should really just go and lie down or watch a good film. Don't read or watch anything that will likely trigger anxiety attacks or make you panic. 

• Like 5

Guest Delete Me

Delete if this is too sensitive, but they are opening up apartments in China whereby residents were either forcibly quarantined or locked in and finding them dead.

Edited by Delete Me

Posted
Just now, Bristle boy said:

Yes, but are these letters from people suitably qualified to question?

One is from the BSI (British Society of immunology) the 2nd is the one which has mainly uni lecturers, etc. The 3rd is another open letter from a whole range of scientists, and the list has such a vast range of people I couldn't possible say it represents, but needless to say there are numerous Epidemiologists and health workers.

I'd say yes to that answer. 

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
1 hour ago, Summer Sun said:

I fairly certainly a place in London has already signed people up.

Stage one in mice went 'really well' which has meant they've moved onto monkeys and humans next month.

This will be the quickest vaccine on record from starting research to human trials.

When the potential economic gain/limited damage gets into the hundreds of billions we are capable of anything.

At any rate it's good to see early signs that the quarantine in early Italian regions may be generating a peak. If that replicates itself at the national scale in a week or two it will be thumbs up for us to replicate.

• Like 2

Posted

This is interesting from the Guardian- I wonder how long the UK government can resist the pressure to lockdown. It's interesting that they suddenly trust in experts now when experts have been dismissed from a large range of other topics in the past few years.

Our legal affairs correspondent Owen Bowcott has this from Northern Ireland:

Lawyers acting for the mother of a child who has asthma and attends a primary school in County Armagh are planning to launch a judicial review of the Stormont government’s decision not to close schools in Northern Ireland.

Darragh Mackin, a solicitor at Phoenix Law, said that the girl suffers underlying health problems, including severe asthma and is at a greater risk of harm should she contract the coronavirus.

He added: “It is clear that the respective public bodies have each failed in their respective obligations to our client, and indeed all children, by continuing to require their attendance at school in circumstances in which they would be at an increased risk of contracting the condition.

There is no time for any further delay. The necessary policies and decisions all need to be taken in a manner that recognises the real and immediate risk.

“The wider international community has spoken. Their advice cannot and should not be ignored.

“It is a deplorable situation when a mother has to initiate urgent legal proceedings to ensure that her child, and indeed children across the jurisdiction, are afforded the necessary protections and safeguards required under law.”

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Just a thought here.  A lot of people are in the general consensus that we are heading for a catastrophe in the UK, but are we?

(1) Number of tourists currently in the UK had sheared off, if almost none.  The last of which are going home in the next week, thus leaving the chance of rescue flights needed to nil.

(2) Number of offices working from home (reliable source most are on Level 4 (WFH), Level 5 is lockdown like Milan)

(3) easyJet plan to ground there entire fleet this week.

(4) People are panic buying weeks worth (Did the Government know that this is what would happen, thus reducing any stress of having to have the Army work on logistics?)

(5) Number of public using Public Transport is hugely down.

(6) All flights in/out of UK now are mostly rescue flights or people heading home (thus ensuring a tight seal)

(7) Eurostar are cutting services to 1 a day (in about a week) - Currently planned - 

(8) Army in preparation to guard supermarkets and hospitals.

(9) Last but not least, saying almost all of us will get this (That's one way to lemon a brick?)

My point being - Is this the UK Governments tactic to scaremonger people to stay at home (with lots of food) to stop huge disorder on a terrible scale and then implement lockdown?  Rather than go all out?

Edited by Robbie Garrett
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes
1 minute ago, Paul Faulkner said:

Delete if this is too sensitive, but they are opening up apartments in China whereby residents were either forcibly quarantined or locked in and finding them dead.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1238900391456227330

not watched it but maybe people have starved to death

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
12 minutes ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

telegraph front page 

My god those articles are awful, how can you even think of fining some over 70 1000 most couldn't pay it. About the oxygen, although it's most likely true unfortunately, they shouldn't report that now we do not need to know this. They are after shock value, and have probably made the panic worse. Glad my mum has a house with a garden and lives with her brother who's 68 so will be able to shop. Will construction work stop, if not, no doubt he'll insist on still working knowing him. 

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 1

Posted

Just had a woman on BBC news that's recovered from the virus.. Again the evidence shows us that the worst period of the virus is the first three days and you gradually get better after that. 

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

Just had a woman on BBC news that's recovered from the virus.. Again the evidence shows us that the worst period of the virus is the first three days and you gradually get better after that. 

Overnight Monday 13th Jan I got ill.  Worst was into 16th January when I quickly got better, bar the pain on my sides (which would have been my diaphragm from coughing?)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes
4 minutes ago, Boro Snow said:

not watched it but maybe people have starved to death

if that was me i would be in bed  not in between rooms on floor

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Guest Delete Me

Some of you are panicking and feeling your stress & anxiety levels going through the roof and I understand because the next few months could get rough...really rough.

We are all in this together, stock up on food and the essentials and ask for help if you need it. The Netweather community is here to help - some members live in your area and I'm sure atleast somebody will help if you reach out.

Like Italy the nation now needs to unite and stop all the division and political bickering because it's now too late for all this lemon.

Guest Delete Me

Massachusetts Governor orders all schools to close, bans gatherings with more than 25 people, and limits restaurants to offering take-out only.

Surely the Diamond Princess is the best indicator of mortality rate

All on board were tested

697 positive

7 deaths

Critical has dropped from 30 to 15

Average age 58

33% were 70 or older

This not to bad considering the age group - however they all obvioulsy have had the best available care

But has virus mutated since ?

DiamondPrincess022020.jpg?ve=1&tl=1
WWW.FOXNEWS.COM

Reliable data on the new coronavirus's death rate has been scarce, with early numbers coming from China. But results from the cruise ship Diamond Princess...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
11 minutes ago, Robbie Garrett said:

Just a thought here.  A lot of people are in the general consensus that we are heading for a catastrophe in the UK, but are we?

(1) Number of tourists currently in the UK had sheared off, if almost none.  The last of which are going home in the next week, thus leaving the chance of rescue flights needed to nil.

(2) Number of offices working from home (reliable source most are on Level 4 (WFH), Level 5 is lockdown like Milan)

(3) easyJet plan to ground there entire fleet this week.

(4) People are panic buying weeks worth (Did the Government know that this is what would happen, thus reducing any stress of having to have the Army work on logistics?)

(5) Number of public using Public Transport is hugely down.

(6) All flights in/out of UK now are mostly rescue flights or people heading home (thus ensuring a tight seal)

(7) Eurostar are cutting services to 1 a day (in about a week) - Currently planned - 

(8) Army in preparation to guard supermarkets and hospitals.

(9) Last but not least, saying almost all of us will get this (That's one way to lemon a brick?)

My point being - Is this the UK Governments tactic to scaremonger people to stay at home (with lots of food) to stop huge disorder on a terrible scale and then implement lockdown?  Rather than go all out?

Could be bet what about those who can't stock pile like me, haven't got the money. 

• Like 3

Posted
17 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

Any link? 

Posted
Just now, alexisj9 said:

Could be bet what about those who can't stock pile like me, haven't got the money. 

The country has food-banks the size of multiple football fields. Hence the Army.  I've heard things from people in places, and I think plans are under the way.  Nothing of doomsday though!

Posted
7 minutes ago, Robbie Garrett said:

Overnight Monday 13th Jan I got ill.  Worst was into 16th January when I quickly got better, bar the pain on my sides (which would have been my diaphragm from coughing?)

sounds very similar to what is being reported.. Maybe you are netweathers patient zero 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Naturally the 'leaked report' has made it on to the front page of the Daily Express

IMG_20200315_224854.thumb.jpg.32e2fdc646dc11b2bca0dec0d096174e.jpg

No one will take any notice given how many silly weather stories and miracle drugs cure's they talked about over the years

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 3

Posted
19 minutes ago, Robbie Garrett said:

Maybe. A lot of behavioural science being used, as well as 'pure' science. Could be tactically astute or a massive fail?  Time will tell, probs.

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, D.V.R said:

sounds very similar to what is being reported.. Maybe you are netweathers patient zero 

Aches and pain, cough, fever, headache mostly at front, nasal congestion, sore throat and tiredness.  Can't remember if I had a shortness of breath though.

I would have interacted at work with hundreds of Chinese tourists and my local area has a few thousand residents (students etc).