Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

COVID-19 Pandemic

Posted
1 minute ago, Zak M said:

The coronavirus epidemic in the UK will last until next spring and could lead to 7.9m people being hospitalised - Public Health England briefing for senior NHS officials obtained by Guardian.

It suggests as many as 80% of Britons becoming infected with the virus over that time.

Really that long . They must mean in waves . I’d be shocked if the virus didn’t recede in the summer .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
2 minutes ago, kold weather said:

My word.. 

7.9 million is going to be unmanageable no matter how well they do in the NHS...that has actually left me a little shocked.

Absolutely shocking. This is grim.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Well I've just managed to draw with my computer playing chess. Makes a change normally it whips my ass. Perhaps it's ill.

• Like 5

Posted

You know I’m hardly known for my optimism but there are scientists working on a vaccine , we should have some anti virals in use more widely in the next month and the summer should help so although things look bleak at the moment I’m not willing to accept that figure or timeline .

I was pretty shocked by that French report but this isn’t 1918 and we’re not living in caves .

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
29 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

To be honest the report I read makes for really grim reading . It’s on the linternaute site .

Someone in the government has apparently leaked a confidential analysis to Le Monde which is horrific in terms of the possible death toll in France .

Are you allowed to say what the report states? 

I went to my local shops and bought two of these just incase.

IMG-20200311-WA0001.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, kold weather said:

My word.. 

7.9 million is going to be unmanageable no matter how well they do in the NHS...that has actually left me a little shocked.

If its true and not just media speculation.

If it is true though then may as well carry on as 'normal' at least the footie would be back on.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes
8 minutes ago, kold weather said:

My word.. 

worst case scenario though mate, fingers crossed it never gets that bad

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow... Summer storms. Anything a bit dangerous.
11 minutes ago, Zak M said:

The coronavirus epidemic in the UK will last until next spring and could lead to 7.9m people being hospitalised - Public Health England briefing for senior NHS officials obtained by Guardian.

It suggests as many as 80% of Britons becoming infected with the virus over that time.

5638.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Exclusive: Public Health England document seen by Guardian says four in five ‘expected’ to contract virus

This is a situation being allowed to happen. We are all part of an experiment. The choices being made at the top make no sense, to me at least. Half a million dead!?!? Are we, the British public, just going to go along with being thrown under this bus???

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
Just now, Boro Snow said:

Lots of vaccines are in testing.

One done in London has worked really well in mice and has now moved to monkeys in France if that stage goes well we could be looking at it going to human trials within a month in the UK.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
39 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Considering there is a virus attacking the lungs going around, the amount of cigarettes I'm still selling at work is staggering...well to me it is anyway. I gave up about 3 weeks ago for the very reason that I could see what was coming!

I smoke about six rollies per day 

• Like 1

Posted
45 minutes ago, Zak M said:

Just to give a sense of how bad things are in Italy, the number of infected people per million is 439 which is 8 times of that in China where the coronavirus actually started.

And what's worse, the mortality rate among infected people is nearly twice too.

If the herd immunity is to happen in the UK, we'll need to get more than 1000 times this proportion of people to be infected. That's the reality. 

Just praying the death toll is being bumped up by a mass of people who have the virus but have not been tested. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes
2 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

BREAKING....

I have just quit smoking.

me too mate but i only smoke 1/2 a day

• Like 4

Posted
3 minutes ago, DrJim said:
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Exclusive: Public Health England document seen by Guardian says four in five ‘expected’ to contract virus

This is a situation being allowed to happen. We are all part of an experiment. The choices being made at the top make no sense, to me at least. Half a million dead!?!? Are we, the British public, just going to go along with being thrown under this bus???

Wont happen, no busses running.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
4 minutes ago, Boro Snow said:

I always assumed it's a winter virus, and hoping it will quickly die off in summer, even more reason now to start looking for proper warmth on the models, they need to work on a cure by next winter, think everyone knows it's coming back in November

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
6 minutes ago, DrJim said:
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Keep calm, that's based on the very worst scenario.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Posted

Friends are currently on their way back from Vietnam.  Tracking them on a flight app.  Currently over northern India on their way to Heathrow. Got nearly 11 hours to go.  They have to wear a mask all the way.  Once back in UK they will be self isolating. 

• Like 1

Just now, Man With Beard said:

If the herd immunity is to happen in the UK, we'll need to get more than 1000 times this proportion of people to be infected. That's the reality. 

Just praying the death toll is being bumped up by a mass of people who have the virus but have not been tested. 

Thing is, people are getting carried away with Chinese stats. China stopped including positive results with no real symptoms, so the Chinese overall data isnt that accurate. No country's data are accurate enough to compare figures like that at this early stage.

Posted
Just now, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

I always assumed it's a winter virus, and hoping it will quickly die off in summer, even more reason now to start looking for proper warmth on the models, they need to work on a cure by next winter, think everyone knows it's coming back in November

Evidence from SE Asia today suggests it can still spread around in very humid and hot conditions. Malaysia has had 280 cases today, most from a religious gathering that has been community spread.

Posted
36 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Beginnings of clustering in Hampshire?

I'm wondering where. This doesn't include the big cities of Southampton and Portsmouth, which doesn't leave many other built up areas. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, BornFromTheVoid said:

Hmmm so looks like the young are also getting hard by it, but they have a high level of survival compared to older people. France has reported something similar if my memory is right.

May have to rethink our strategy if this carries on being a trend because NHS still will get overwhelmed in such a scenario.

Edited by kold weather
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
2 minutes ago, Boro Snow said:

What half a packet?

i only smoke a few a day but at night i smoke more with a pint or two

i know it's going to be hard to quit but it will at least give me a better chance of surviving this virus.

4 minutes ago, Boro Snow said:

Strange, do you cut it and save the second half for later?