Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

COVID-19 Pandemic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Brazilian football team Gremio were wearing face masks before their football game in protest to having to play.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, emax said:

In the UK, on average in winter, someone dies every single minute. Obviously the extra deaths are on top, and its still bad clearly, but it does make it sound that bit worse when specific deaths are recorded.

Yeah, but that's from many, many different causes all added together.  This is just a single cause  

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, beatpete said:

Thanks, l hope so soon, it's the virus ability to remain on surfaces that just makes it too unsafe for cleaning staff. We have just switched everything off and locked up, to reduce our outgoings, will use the time for maintenance. We,ve got quite low borrowing compared to some so can hopefully ride it out and spend more time with the family in meantime I 

I wish you and yours well, and here's to a brighter future not too far away. 

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, emax said:

Looking at the future, I think this is very likely, at least in the short term afterwards anyway. So thats a minor positive at least.

Feel so sorry for those who run businesses that have large amounts of capital invested and ongoing expenses that need to be paid.

Fortunately what I did only needed general office equipment (computer etc.) plus a car. Never felt too exposed to the vagaries of the economy.

• Like 1

Posted
19 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Testing must involve a lot of people.  Might it be better for them to be helping with health care and not getting data for working out the statistics? 

Testing, as proposed in Scotland, involves those identified through contact tracing or with specific symptoms. As far as I know there are no proposals for 'drive through testing',here, though that might be a good thing.

Why would it be better for unsuspecting vectors to be helping with health care?

Testing advises the data, assists planning and protects others.

• Like 2

Posted

The test to positive ratio is bound to look bad from now on because of the new testing arrangements .

And the case fatality rate is going to get worse because of the reduction in tests .

To truly understand what’s going on in the country you need a demographically respresentative sample to offer to undergo tests at different intervals during the virus outbreak.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
8 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Sorry a tad bit late to the discussion, do we thing the UKMetO are one of the PM's sources of info?

Good question, definitely for weather, however I do not know if they are factoring weather into their plans for the virus. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

Germany about to close borders with France. Feels like WW2 all over again! Not that I lived through that but I know enough about it to feel that it's similar.

Where are we going...

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

Germany about to close borders with France. Feels like WW2 all over again! Not that I lived through that but I know enough about it to feel that it's similar.

Where are we going...

From what I've read, WWII was all about Germany wanting to open up its border with France. 

• Like 9

Posted
17 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

The test to positive ratio is bound to look bad from now on because of the new testing arrangements .

And the case fatality rate is going to get worse because of the reduction in tests .

To truly understand what’s going on in the country you need a cCsample to offer to undergo tests at different intervals during the virus outbreak.

You don't need that to understand. It's more simple than that. 

Edited by ciel

Posted
1 minute ago, Bedknobs and Boomsticks said:

From what I've read, WWII was all about Germany wanting to open up its border with France. 

Yes and they spread all over the place like a virus

• Like 2

Posted

You could get the private sector to undergo testing in the community to keep the contain strategy going as part of the fight against the virus .

This means you don’t put more demands on the NHS in terms of tests . 

But you can help the NHS by identifying where clusters might pop up , this gives them some warning and will help them in terms of resource management.

This isn’t rocket science ! 

Edited by nick sussex
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
d9d4a6c2d33730900009952f1181c.PNG
WWW.BFMTV.COM

Dans les parcs, les rues ou les abords du canal Saint-Martin, les Parisiens étaient nombreux profiter du soleil, malgré les nouvelles restrictions gouvernementales pour faire face à l'épidémie de coronavirus.

No one seems to be giving a toss here. Shops and businesses going on as usual. A nice day for a walk in the parks and gardens of Paris...

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, nick sussex said:

You could get the private sector to undergo testing in the community to keep the contain strategy going as part of the fight against the virus .

But you can help the NHS by identifying where clusters might pop up , this gives them some warning and will help them in terms resource management.

A level thinking head right here.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:
d9d4a6c2d33730900009952f1181c.PNG
WWW.BFMTV.COM

Dans les parcs, les rues ou les abords du canal Saint-Martin, les Parisiens étaient nombreux profiter du soleil, malgré les nouvelles restrictions gouvernementales pour faire face à l'épidémie de coronavirus.

No one seems to be giving a toss here. Shops and businesses going on as usual. A nice day for a walk in the parks and gardens of Paris...

c'est la vie

Posted
Just now, booferking said:

A level thinking head right here.

Thanks . I really think this would help the NHS. And also help the government in designing future responses . 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

Just heard on the news people are stealing hand sanitizers from critical wards in hospital!

Hopefully corona will do us a favour and get rid of the selfish scumbags.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

What about false positives and false negatives? Just how reliable are these tests?

And now it's back to watching Contagion!

• Like 2

Posted
8 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

But you can help the NHS by identifying where clusters might pop up , this gives them some warning and will help them in terms of resource management.

Someone posted earlier about test kits being released soon. Wonder if the main pharmacies, like Lloyds P, will be drafted in to provide the service?

• Like 2

Posted

Well the holiday to Morocco is off! The FCO advice against all essential travel is growing by the day. I never thought I'd see the day that we advise against travel to the US, Spain and Italy!

• Like 2