Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

COVID-19 Pandemic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

A second medical flight from China has landed in Italy this afternoon. The flight landed a short time ago in Milan.

Posted
24 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Seems a problem with some they can’t make decision about  anything unless they rush off to A&E or their doctors. 

Remember being in A&E when my wife broke her ankle badly.  Some idiots were coming in for the most trivial of complaints.  Almost as if they thought they might as well go to A&E as there wasn’t anything else to do.

Some of that is down to workplaces and such like insisting you go to A&E even for minor things. 

I work in the construction industry, years ago if I cut a finger it was out with the insulation tape, and finish the day, when home, wash it well with tcp and put a plaster on it. Now, slightest nick or even splinter it's a full report and hoohah and off to emergency or very least doctors. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy
22 minutes ago, Zak M said:

David Luiz about COVID-19 on Instagram: 'We’re going through a worldwide struggle where victory will only come with the unity and cooperation of all. We are also in a moment of reflection, where we can’t look only at ourselves, but at the most fragile people. We have to take care of others and together we can all overcome this obstacle. Lives are more important than anything else, so let's focus and follow all the tips from the experts. Also, we have to take care of our elders. Let’s do this together?'

Thing is Folks, this 'event' will 'define' our humanity for a generation or more?

With AGW just properly coming into its 'impactful stage' we will all learn what kind of 'mitigation' we are to expect of our Global Society (that we've all had a hand in creating?) over the decades of AGW's growing Societal impacts?

For us here in the UK we have seen the Hate and Bile our recent referendum 'uncovered' from sections of our communities whilst all compounded by the wholesale rejection of the 'kinder, more Inclusive', 'Society' we were offered in favour of one that seeks to remove our basic human rights (as spelled out on page 48 of the tory manifesto from last time?) and cut the disabled/elderly/poverty ridden from the 'reality' most folk seem to seek to achieve in their day to day living?........ maybe the 'Other Way' would have been a 'signal' that we really could trust one another in such a crisis as this?.... but 'Hey Ho!' eh?

If the gods/fates keep to their normal pattern/sense of humour then you can expect the most glorious of Springs/Early Summers as a 'backdrop' for the reality we will all be busy inhabiting (The 'Hell' that our govt. has 'wisely' unleashed upon us eh? "Take it on the Chin" like I believe our Great Leader suggests we do?)

Be Well Folks!!!

Edited by Gray-Wolf

3 minutes ago, Zak M said:

Paul Pogba has vowed to help children raise funds to fight against the coronavirus.

The Frenchman turns 27 today and has decided to embark on a charity project.

Good. He's been doing naff all for months! 'Bout time he started doing something positive with his millions rather than handing it over to his wazzock of an agent.

Edited by Onding

Posted
Just now, BornFromTheVoid said:

In order to determine whether we've achieved the numbers required for herd immunity, we need to know how many have the infection. Only testing those in hospitals is counter to the governments plans. How many people will isolate because they caught the common cold, but think it was COVID-19?

Spot on post right there herd immunity will only been known with test being done government playing  a games here.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, SnowBear said:

Some of that is down to workplaces and such like insisting you go to A&E even for minor things. 

I work in the construction industry, years ago if I cut a finger it was out with the insulation tape, and finish the day, when home, wash it well with tcp and put a plaster on it. Now, slightest nick or even splinter it's a full report and hoohah and off to emergency or very least doctors. 

The willingness of some to sue at the drop of the hat certainly doesn’t help.  This is trait exported from America mainly.  

Just now, BornFromTheVoid said:

In order to determine whether we've achieved the numbers required for herd immunity, we need to know how many have the infection. Only testing those in hospitals is counter to the governments plans. How many people will isolate because they caught the common cold, but think it was COVID-19?

Obviously, but now is not the time for that. Resources should be directed elsewhere as best they can. Once the "rapid" tests are rolled out in big numbers, then you can start testing everyone.

But its clearly not "counter to the government's plans", when its the government that made the decision lol

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms
46 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

Testing has dropped because half the wibbleing population are in the supermarket

Or at home wondering where to stack 8 x 16 toilet rolls.  Absolute tools.

Would love to see Army on the streets and scare the living daylights out of some of these people.*

*Disclaimer:  Obviously not genuine people being scared.

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, booferking said:

Spot on post right there herd immunity will only been known with test being done government playing  a games here.

Why is it you think everything the government is doing is a cunning plan involving a hidden agenda? 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, booferking said:

If you're biased, your biased, no discussion will change that!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

• Like 1

Posted

My friend believes she has it.  I have been thinking since she told me that I might of had it but not known.  So it is so hard to know.  I still have a cough which every now and the shifts junk in my lungs.  She has said it is not as bad as some flu she has had and after feeling grotty thurs night through to sat she is feeling much better now.  In fact she feels almost normal except that she gets breathless when she walks down her garden and back.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
4 minutes ago, emax said:

Obviously, but now is not the time for that. Resources should be directed elsewhere as best they can. Once the "rapid" tests are rolled out in big numbers, then you can start testing everyone.

But its clearly not "counter to the government's plans", when its the government that made the decision lol

I'm guessing one assumption is colds/flu should be now starting to fade away as temperatures/UV levels during the day rise. So "flu like" symptoms should be an indicator that a person has the virus.

• Like 1

Posted

Germany has just recorded is first day with 1000 new cases, and with 2 additional deaths as well.

Currently 263 deaths have been reported worldwide today...I hope Italy doesn't cause that to increase too much...

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Captain Shortwave said:

I'm guessing one assumption is colds/flu should be now starting to fade away as temperatures/UV levels during the day rise. So "flu like" symptoms should be an indicator that a person has the virus.

Yes a doctor on the radio said that as it spreads throughout the Spring it should be easier and easier to be confident whether you have it or not, right now its still pretty unlikely based on the numbers, but it is out there so you can be an unlucky one (or maybe its lucky to have it early before it really hits the fan)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

No doubt the Government will try and spin the drop as and indicator to justify there inaction and indecision.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Yeh, to an extent you would expect normal flu to slowly fade from now on. But you still cant test everyone, and there will be a lot of people who just have a normal flu, so you cant take if for granted that they'd had it.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
7 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Why is it you think everything the government is doing is a cunning plan involving a hidden agenda? 

Come now, Snipper...everyone knows that coronavirus isn't really working alone? Can't you see the man on the grassy knoll?:oldgrin:

image.png.95a62a003d1b88f6ce5689309750169c.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms
5 minutes ago, emax said:

Not testing people and telling them to self isolate means we can't know how many have the virus. There's no way of spinning that. We know we have capacity to test many more than 2,000 per day, but it's not happening. it's also against the WHO recommendations.
Hoping to make, distribute and analyse millions of rapid test (which still haven't been confirmed) when the country goes into lockdown doesn't sound like the most reliable idea.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Summer Sun said:

So they have also gone pretty much into a full lockdown mode as well much like pretty much the whole of Europe. Only parts of Germany are still open like we are I believe?

Won't take too many days of rising deaths for the political pressure to become very hard to bare.

1 minute ago, The PIT said:

No doubt the Government will try and spin the drop as and indicator to justify there inaction and indecision.

Yeh, they're all sat back drinking brandy and smoking cigars, wondering what all the fuss it about..................................on the other hand, maybe they just aren't bothered with explaining every tiny little bit of detail that may or may not happen.

Silence until something is needed, is the best approach. Just look at all the "leaks" that get misinterpreted, mostly by the media, which just makes the governments job even harder.

Funny though, Americans dont think USA is doing enough, French dont think France is doing enough, Germans dont think Germany is doing enough, and Italy and probably Spain are already buggered..........people will have a political bias and complain, no mater that!!!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, The PIT said:

Keep the cases down so they dont have to shut places down to end of next week as they planned get bills passed through blah blah but are coming under immense pressure from the normal folk to start shut down now clear as day the tactics in use here but sure I'm just against government as I'm biased.

Posted

All schools, bars, cafés, restaurants and sport clubs closed until at least April 6th here in the Netherlands 

Edited by ArHu3
  • Like 1