Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

COVID-19 Pandemic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, Snipper said:

If I had what might possibly be having coronavirus and my symptoms were manageable I wouldn’t bother to tell anyone.  What’s the point?

My sentiments exactly! To do so, would only take medical-attention away from those who really needed it?

Edited by General Cluster
  • Like 5

Posted
10 minutes ago, Skullzrulerz said:

Only a rise of 232! That's great news 

That might be because testing is only being done in hospitals now?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

TestsvInfectionsUK_15_3.thumb.png.d42e097cff9d1052d33336ccd95ee032.png

• Like 3

Posted
8 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

Testing has dropped because half the wibbleing population are in the supermarket

Government official notice is "Dont panic, dont bulk buy, there's no need". But......

Maybe unofficially they're not that bothered as rammed supermarkets full up of humans, not out in fresh air, will likely spread the virus. Kind of controlled spread, towards goal of herd immunity.

Pure speculation on my part, but.....

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, General Cluster said:

My sentiments exactly! To do so, would only take medical-attention away from those who really needed it?

Seems a problem with some they can’t make decision about  anything unless they rush off to A&E or their doctors. 

Remember being in A&E when my wife broke her ankle badly.  Some idiots were coming in for the most trivial of complaints.  Almost as if they thought they might as well go to A&E as there wasn’t anything else to do.

• Like 3

Posted
5 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Government official notice is "Dont panic, dont bulk buy, there's no need". But......

Maybe unofficially they're not that bothered as rammed supermarkets full up of humans, not out in fresh air, will likely spread the virus. Kind of controlled spread, towards goal of herd immunity.

Pure speculation on my part, but.....

How do you spell cynical?

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Gray-Wolf said:

Just make sure you have somebody to raise the alarm if it doesn't turn out to be mild Pete?

It's one thing battling on, it's wholly another letting yourself go before your time!!!

Maybe 'NetW' could have a dedicated 'SOS' threat for members who have isolated but find themselves 'alone & struggling' eh?

It's what communities do is it not?

Everybody should have somebody because as much as you may only be feeling mild symptoms, I would be telling everyone who I had contact with over the past few days that I have it in order to save anyone who maybe more susceptible to it. It's fair enough not to bother with the tests but I definitely think we should be making it known to people if we do feel rough.  SOS is a good plan to me though. The more avenues of help the better. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny
1 hour ago, cyclonic happiness said:

oh come on, what if you were carrying and not knowing it?

Why should you put the rest of us at risk just for 2 weeks stuck inside?

But there is absolutely no reason or need to get within 1, or more, metres of anyone else when out in the fresh air walking our dogs. Unless someone chooses to get right into the personal space of me, as I walk my dog and put their face within close proximity to my personal space, then I respectfully suggest both I and my dog would have more than something to say about that. 
It’s far more likely that any of us will become infected in a closed environment e.g. office, crowded underground or commuter carriage - or even as we squabble over the remaining toilet rolls in a busy supermarket - but not outside while walking a dog. We need to regain some perspective please. 

• Like 6

Posted

As I pointed out, I definitely feel like the mild symptoms is the viruses biggest threat. I've read too many people who have recovered saying that they could of went to work still with how they felt. How many people do you think actually will be doing that and passing it on to those people who are vulnerable.  I think the lockdown on the most vulnerable people is definitely a good idea for the coming days/weeks.

• Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Seems a problem with some they can’t make decision about  anything unless they rush off to A&E or their doctors. 

Remember being in A&E when my wife broke her ankle badly.  Some idiots were coming in for the most trivial of complaints.  Almost as if they thought they might as well go to A&E as there wasn’t anything else to do.

Plus, it doesnt cost anything, at point of use. No disincentive to use.

Posted

David Luiz about COVID-19 on Instagram: 'We’re going through a worldwide struggle where victory will only come with the unity and cooperation of all. We are also in a moment of reflection, where we can’t look only at ourselves, but at the most fragile people. We have to take care of others and together we can all overcome this obstacle. Lives are more important than anything else, so let's focus and follow all the tips from the experts. Also, we have to take care of our elders. Let’s do this together?'

Edited by Zak M
  • Like 4

Posted
9 minutes ago, Snipper said:

For any possible broken bone I try where possible to avoid A&E and go to minor injuries units, I had to go to one on Monday due to a busted knee. However I get your point, so many people go for reasons that aren't really worth it.

People are going to have to go abit more old school over the next few months otherwise the NHS little hope of surviving is going to be made to 0.

I've heard that Great Western Hotels will offer up beds and space in some of their hotels to make temporary hospitals. That is a great start if that can be done!

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Soaring Hawk said:

But there is absolutely no reason or need to get within 1, or more, metres of anyone else when out in the fresh air walking our dogs. Unless someone chooses to get right into the personal space of me, as I walk my dog and put their face within close proximity to my personal space, then I respectfully suggest both I and my dog would have more than something to say about that. 
It’s far more likely that any of us will become infected in a closed environment e.g. office, crowded underground or commuter carriage - or even as we squabble over the remaining toilet rolls in a busy supermarket - but not outside while walking a dog. We need to regain some perspective please. 

I'd have thought it'd be perfectly fine to be outside in the open?

I suppose the main problem is some people will use that as excuse to go somewhere they shouldn't go (you'd hope they wouldn't, but sometimes people can be really selfish). However if you just stay out, I really can't see why that should be an issue.

Posted
4 minutes ago, kold weather said:

For any possible broken bone I try where possible to avoid A&E and go to minor injuries units, I had to go to one on Monday due to a busted knee. However I get your point, so many people go for reasons that aren't really worth it.

People are going to have to go abit more old school over the next few months otherwise the NHS little hope of surviving is going to be made to 0.

I've heard that Great Western Hotels will offer up beds and space in some of their hotels to make temporary hospitals. That is a great start if that can be done!

Government some time ago were block booking hotels around Heathrow and I suspect elsewhere

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, booferking said:

Sneaking government tactics only testing people in hospital it's all under control not.

Yep, unsurprising that the testing has gone down.

As has already been mentioned several times, todays numbers were expected. 

Testing those in hospital means the case rate will fall, and the positive % will increase. The numbers are largely meaningless, however, now would be a good time to start a benchmark. It will start giving an idea of the rate of increase of people in hospital with it, and really, thats all that matters. Critical care numbers are the other good indicator too, but I should imagine most countries are reluctant to give regular updates on that for obvious reasons. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, booferking said:

Sneaking government tactics only testing people in hospital it's all under control not.

But its now largely completely pointless testing someone who's having a mild dose. And what of the thousands that test negative? They'll quite likely be tested again down the line at some point, so really its just a waste of resources now. I'd rather they put what limited resources they have into other more important things, rather than testing people with a cough!

• Like 1

Posted
18 minutes ago, Soaring Hawk said:

it's not that so much as the "why should I?" *stamps foot* attitude.  If we are told to stay in.....we stay in

Posted
2 minutes ago, emax said:

As has already been mentioned several times, todays numbers were expected. 

Testing those in hospital means the case rate will fall, and the positive % will increase. The numbers are largely meaningless, however, now would be a good time to start a benchmark. It will start giving an idea of the rate of increase of people in hospital with it, and really, thats all that matters. Critical care numbers are the other good indicator too, but I should imagine most countries are reluctant to give regular updates on that for obvious reasons. 

The only solid indicator from this point will be death totals, we probably have enough now to start making a benchmark and being able to compare and contrast, as well as just start to begin looking for a trend.

Testing was quite reduced today again (and I see the logic, why bother testing everyone if its days away from being unmanageable and the numbers being too big, might as well safe resources for use in hospital) and will probably remain that way for the next 3-5 days until hospital admissions start to really climb.

• Like 1

Posted

Paul Pogba has vowed to help children raise funds to fight against the coronavirus.

The Frenchman turns 27 today and has decided to embark on a charity project.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms
3 minutes ago, emax said:

But its now largely completely pointless testing someone who's having a mild dose. And what of the thousands that test negative? They'll quite likely be tested again down the line at some point, so really its just a waste of resources now. I'd rather they put what limited resources they have into other more important things, rather than testing people with a cough!

In order to determine whether we've achieved the numbers required for herd immunity, we need to know how many have been infected. Only testing those in hospitals is counter to the governments plans. How many people will isolate because they caught the common cold, but think it was COVID-19?

Edited by BornFromTheVoid
  • Like 1