Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

COVID-19 Pandemic

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
1 hour ago, Paul Faulkner said:

Looking for a bail out? Don't they make enough profit with their ludicrous fare prices?

Rail Operators only average about a 3% margin and those which don't run long distance are actually loss making. Rail fares are high because we fund Network Rail through the ticket price rather than taxation. 

That said if the loss making ones do try hand back the contract it would be an excellent time to take over in advance of the coming reform which will heavily amend the franchise system anyway. 

49 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

A valid reason is health - i need ro run for my own physical/mental health and walk/run with my dog. How does that work? If necessary, I'd get a note from my doctor...

And herein lies the reason the government is doing the right thing by not going too hard, too early. We will be lucky if people comply properly for a month, let alone anything that drags out. Monitoring the Italian quarantine lite is the correct thing to do bar banning incoming flights and Chunnel services. 

32 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Would probably suggest a UK overall rise between 400-500, which is just about in line with the rise other comparable countries had at a similar point in their outbreak. Anything less than 400 would be good.

On your numbers point they may have been projecting the percentage of positive infections to cases which has risen in the last few days.

Guest Delete Me

UPDATE on coronavirus (#COVID19) testing in the UK: As of 9am on 15 March, a total of 40,279 have been tested: 38,907 negative 1,372 positive Across the UK, 35 patients who tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19) have sadly died.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

New cases down by 110 compared to Saturday - 2,533 tests new tests complete to 9am today

38,907 negative

1,372 positive

14 new deaths

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

UPDATE on coronavirus (#COVID19) testing in the UK: As of 9am on 15 March, a total of 40,279 have been tested: 38,907 negative 1,372 positive Across the UK, 35 patients who tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19) have sadly died.

Not that I want it to be higher but I don’t believe that can be right?

Wales and Scotland both had large percentage increases but England hasn’t?

But then if you don’t test those outside of hospital I guess you will get lower numbers

Edited by lottiekent

Posted
16 minutes ago, Azazel said:

The data out of Italy doesn’t support that though. Only one death under the age of 40. Infact only 2 deaths under the age of 50.

CE546548-8095-4F7C-9A8D-F3F468EF1874.jpeg

This says to me that there are a good 10,000 undetected cases in the lower age cohorts. Probably need to double the number of cases at least

• Like 4

Posted
Just now, Summer Sun said:

New cases down by 110 compared to Saturday - 2,533 tests new tests complete to 9am today

38,907 negative

1,372 positive

14 new deaths

I think we can see why the numbers are down, is because testing is down about 30% from yesterday, which fits in with the NHS new policy of just testing those in hospital who match the symptoms.

What is far more worrying is the rise of deaths again, thats another fairly large leap for the 2nd day in a row.

It'd be useful to know how many are in a critical way as well.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow
Just now, Skullzrulerz said:

Only a rise of 232! That's great news. 

Worth noting, as said before, that AFAIK the UK only test hospitalised patients, therefore its quite probable that there are many many more positive cases across the country, its just the majority could be relatively mild and therefore, not have been tested. 

One positive, if you can call it that, is with the way we go about testing people (or not testing people), our mortality rate is likely to be far lower than what the figures above suggest too. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

New cases are down, but it's not good news. There was way fewer tests done, only 2533, compared to 4975 the day before. Also, 9.2% of tests came back positive, way higher than the previous days, which had a maximum of just 6.9%.

Edited by BornFromTheVoid
  • Like 7

Posted

Testing was down today (people taking Saturday off) but the rate hit 9%. Translates to about 6m and potential 60,000 deaths assuming 1%.

Posted

Probably over the next 1-2 weeks the focus will move from the number of cases (as the testing won't keep up) and more onto the countries death total.

14 new deaths is one of the bigger rises in Europe, for example Germany only has 2.

Worth noting as well though, Germany will only count a death if it is directly related to the persons death, if they had it but it wasn't a factor, they were not counted.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Posted
3 minutes ago, kold weather said:

I think we can see why the numbers are down, is because testing is down about 30% from yesterday, which fits in with the NHS new policy of just testing those in hospital who match the symptoms.

What is far more worrying is the rise of deaths again, thats another fairly large leap for the 2nd day in a row.

It'd be useful to know how many are in a critical way as well.

worldometers-fb.jpg
WWW.WORLDOMETERS.INFO

Live statistics and coronavirus news tracking the number of confirmed cases, recovered patients, and death toll by country due to the COVID 19 coronavirus from Wuhan, China. Coronavirus counter...

They must be reporting critical somewhere because its listed as 20.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow
3 minutes ago, BornFromTheVoid said:

New cases are down, but it's not good news. There was way fewer tests done, only 2533, compared to 4975 the day before. Also, 9.2% of tests came back positive, way higher than the previous days, which had a maximum of just 6.9%.

The % of people returning positive will likely increase and increase as, AFAIK, we are only testing hospitalised people rather than more random, "off the street" people as before. 

Therefore, by only testing people that are already ill, you are going to get more positive cases as the likelihood as increased. 

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, AWD said:

Worth noting, as said before, that AFAIK the UK only test hospitalised patients, therefore its quite probable that there are many many more positive cases across the country, its just the majority could be relatively mild and therefore, not have been tested. 

One positive, if you can call it that, is with the way we go about testing people (or not testing people), our mortality rate is likely to be far lower than what the figures above suggest too. 

Wasn't they testing via a GP now ? I didn't realize it was changed so my apologies

Posted
1 minute ago, summer blizzard said:
worldometers-fb.jpg
WWW.WORLDOMETERS.INFO

Live statistics and coronavirus news tracking the number of confirmed cases, recovered patients, and death toll by country due to the COVID 19 coronavirus from Wuhan, China. Coronavirus counter...

They must be reporting critical somewhere because its listed as 20.

That comes from the CMO on Thursday who said there were 20 people in ICU.

However that figure is now 100% likely to be out of date as there has been quite the tick up since then in deaths. It'd be useful to have daily updates like most other countries.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
22 minutes ago, Azazel said:

The data out of Italy doesn’t support that though. Only one death under the age of 40. Infact only 2 deaths under the age of 50.

What that doesn't show though is, howany of the thirty to fifty year olds were spared at the expense to those of age, because they need a respirator. 

• Like 2

Posted
20 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Just a quick glance at this, and I feel as though the total cases for the younger half of the population maybe so low due to the severity of the illness being so mild that they have thought to not even be tested.  I feel as though it was made out to be so bad if you did catch it, that now it has made it even more deadly due to people with mild symptoms thinking as though surely it cant be covid as they feel almost fine.  This then entails them passing it on to the vulnerable. Maybe this could be one of covids deadliest tricks.  

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, AWD said:

If I had what might possibly be having coronavirus and my symptoms were manageable I wouldn’t bother to tell anyone.  What’s the point?

• Like 6