Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

COVID-19 Pandemic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
1 minute ago, Captain Shortwave said:

It’s hardly a surprise to see people worrying, not perhaps for themselves but others they know who would fit into the higher risk categories.

It is all very well saying we may take the herd immunity route but we don’t look at all prepared if many in the lower age categories fall seriously ill.

And of course if isolating the over 70s does happen, it would still mean plenty of younger people with underlying health issues are exposed, who from what I’ve seen are becoming increasingly worried as many can’t stay out of work without the government officially saying to do so. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
Just now, saint said:

Just walked past an Apple store and it had messages in the window saying ‘All Apple retail stores closed until the 27th March’.

Should probably say ‘at least 27th March’

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

I guess one of the best places to be is on the International Space Station at the moment!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
4 minutes ago, saint said:

Just walked past an Apple store and it had messages in the window saying ‘All Apple retail stores closed until the 27th March’.

There were plenty of apples in Lidl, last night...And, plums and bananas too!:oldgood:

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Steve Lookner

@lookner·8m

”Malaysia reported 190 new cases of COVID-19 on Sunday, most linked to a religious event at a mosque that was attended by more than 16,000 people from several countries.“

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

One sure way to stop the stock pilling of toilet rolls....re- introduce Izal to the shelves

izal.thumb.jpg.e2967d0fa4286d58cea797771ca36fca.jpg

For members of a certain age

• Like 6

Guest Delete Me

Title: Aerosol and surface stability of HCoV-19 (SARS-CoV-2) compared to SARS-CoV-1

“HCoV-19 remained viable in aerosols [the air] throughout the duration of our experiment (3 hours) with a reduction in infectious titer from 103.5 to 102.7 TCID50/L, similar to the reduction observed for SARS-CoV-1, from 104.3 to 103.5 TCID50/mL (Figure 1A).”

“HCoV-19 was most stable on plastic and stainless steel and viable virus could be detected up to 72 hours post application (Figure 1A), though the virus titer was greatly reduced (plastic from 103.7 to 100.6 TCID50/mL after 72 hours, stainless steel from 103.7 to 100.6 TCID50/mL after 48 hours). SARS-CoV-1 had similar stability kinetics (polypropylene from 103.4 to 100.7 TCID50/mL after 72 hours, stainless steel from 103.6 to 100.6 TCID50/mL after 48 hours). No viable virus could be measured after 4 hours on copper for HCoV-19 and 8 hours for SARS-CoV-1, or after 24 hours on cardboard for HCoV-19 and 8 hours for SARS-CoV-1 (Figure 1A).

Notes: SARS-CoV-2 survives 3 hours in the air and 2-3 days on most surfaces. Make sure you keep up the surface disinfecting, everyone! Especially if someone in your household falls ill.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Wars on the Brink ? (current focus coronavirus)@WarsontheBrink

BREAKING: JUST IN: Germany has closed its borders with France, Austria and Switzerland due to the #Coronavirus Outbreak. This will come into effect from Monday 8pm Local time Finally!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Train companies looking for a bailout

_108321596_gettyimages-1140404207-1.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Train operators are in talks with government to slash services as passenger numbers fall.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Again people should be mindful that this is a new virus that is still only months old in its Human hosts?

Both drift and 'recombination' will be a potential that could make the virus milder/more severe over time

We know its qualities from a few weeks back but will these 'hold true' for the folk becoming infected today?

For those thinking it mild and merely a 'walk in the Park for someone like them' I'd hope they are right when it comes to their turn to share the Covid-19 virus......

For the rest if us?

Keep as well as you can for as long as you can, follow good hygiene practices and knock back your viral load daily (if not twice daily?) with gargled, alcohol based mouthwash and treating Nostrils/back of throat where nose meets throat

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

• Like 1

Guest Delete Me

I never understood why they were using 4 weeks out, all of the analysis has shown between 12.2 and 15 days behind. I know this alters day by day but there's no way we are 1 month out

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

So in Spain you can't go out for a walk! I'd never obey that if it came into force here. I'd keep running and dog walking, I'm always well away from other folks but even still - no bloody way. Sorry!

Edited by Spikecollie
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow
Just now, Spikecollie said:

So in Spain you can't go out for a walk! I'd never obey that if it came into force here. I'd keep running and dog walking, I'm always well away from other folks buteven still - no bloody way. Sorry!

You must be able to go out and walk?  Or else how do you get to the supermarket for essential food supplies etc? 

• Like 1

Guest Delete Me
4 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

So in Spain you can't go out for a walk! I'd never obey that if it came into force here. I'd keep running and dog walking, I'm always well away from other folks but even still - no bloody way. Sorry!

To go out you need a valid reason, which include grocery shopping, farmacia or medical reasons

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
3 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

To go out you need a valid reason, which include grocery shopping, farmacia or medical reasons

A valid reason is health - i need ro run for my own physical/mental health and walk/run with my dog. How does that work? If necessary, I'd get a note from my doctor...

• Like 2

Guest Delete Me
4 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

A valid reason is health - i need ro run for my own physical/mental health and walk/run with my dog. How does that work? If necessary, I'd get a note from my doctor...

Good luck mate

Posted
10 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

oh come on, what if you were carrying and not knowing it?

Why should you put the rest of us at risk just for 2 weeks stuck inside?