Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

COVID-19 Pandemic

Posted

An interesting thread where hundreds of people report similar symptoms in December 2019.

the weird thing is, according to my partner who is a nurse and backed up when I went and checked out the stats, it was actually a quieter than normal flu season this winter.

Posted
19 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

If there was a mysterious illness that early and it was indeed Covid  19 then the spread would have happened much earlier .

And 000s of elderly would've died in hospitals here throughout the Winter, massively increased numbers compared to normal. The spike would've been so large there is no way the NHS, health experts, govt would've somehow missed it.

• Like 3

Posted
13 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

If there was a mysterious illness that early and it was indeed Covid  19 then the spread would have happened much earlier .

Best to keep an open mind on all this some things dont add up with me to.

Posted
4 minutes ago, Sky Full said:

I'm really getting annoyed now at the way this whole thing is being reported.  It's all very well to keep banging on about the number of new cases and the number of deaths, but how many are recovering?  There were two cases reported in Pembrokeshire six days ago but as there have been no deaths in Wales yet, I assume they are recovering or at least are off the danger list by now?  It would be far better if every case which recovered was taken off the list of known cases so the total didn't keep rising so dramatically.

Also, if people contract the virus and then self-isolate, and are never given a test before they recover, they will not be counted as a new case at all.  There might be many hundreds if not thousands of such cases which would make the fatality rate much lower than it currently appears.  

As with all data analysis - cr#p in, cr#p out. 

Not necessarily . In China the range in patients who died from  first symptoms to death was 2 to 8 weeks .

For those with severe illness who survived 3 to 6 weeks from symptoms to recovery .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty
22 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Government to rent 8,000 private hospital bed's to relieve pressure from NHS hospitals

ETGb092XYAMHK6l.thumb.jpg.7996fb38a61e468742b6f6fc33f5f090.jpg

I thought they may take a look at this as a possible option to boost bed numbers.  Many private hospitals have contracts to provide NHS services so NHS standards are embedded in private hospital practice.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
30 minutes ago, HighPressure said:

Makes sense to me, I still think I may have had it around that time too. Several others around me got it to, but not for a few weeks. Don't know where I got it from. 

Posted

I should add . In the Sars outbreak at the beginning the CFR was 3 to 5%  that went up to 10% because of the longevity of the illness before death .

That sort of movement  is very unlikely to happen with this virus thankfully . Because we already have several months of data and there’s been no sign of that .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

Irish police have just come into my local pub checking on crowd numbers over 50, its a very real situation now we need to listen and look out for everyone.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: ☀️
1 hour ago, Mark Bayley said:

Good explanation of current strategy 

Can’t bring myself to watch anything that kuenssberg is promoting.

Edited by Blessed Weather
Comment removed.
  • Like 3

Posted

• Like 2

Posted
40 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

I would read through that thread before I'd debunk anything some interesting accounts even from professionals in the medical compartment one example below. 

Similar situation here, but it wasn't my sister who got the severe pneumonia, but my uncle. We all got sick because we were together for the holidays.

How much detail do you remember about your sister's pneumonia?

My uncle who got severe pneumonia is an MD as is his wife. My uncle had to have his lungs "drained" because of abscesses, so they were thinking the pnuemonia was bacterial in origin, which doesn't seem typical of COVID.

This all happened around late Dec. / early Jan. in the NYC area. The reason I think back to it is because when we spoke about how terrible the "cold" was that we all got, my Aunt suspected it is a Coronavirus. That was the first time I had really heard the word and before we started getting info from China about what was going on there.

Edited by booferking

Posted
20 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

And 000s of elderly would've died in hospitals here throughout the Winter, massively increased numbers compared to normal. The spike would've been so large there is no way the NHS, health experts, govt would've somehow missed it.

What if that was the 'first (and less deadly) wave' and this current version is the mutated '2nd wave' though...

Edited by Ryukai
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ryukai said:

What if that was the 'first (and less deadly) wave' and this current version is the mutated '2nd wave' though...

That had crossed my mind too, as there does appear to be some differences in strains, but of course, its all just complete speculation.

Would be nice if perhaps it was, and perhaps those who had it previously might have a better time on the second round. What would be interesting, is to find out if those that have recovered in the UK and USA had a similar flu around Christmas. Again, its all just speculation or even wishful thinking trying to find a reason why we might be ok, but the reality is, only time will tell.

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, Saint coolio said:

Can’t bring myself to watch anything that kuenssberg is promoting.

She is a very professional news reporter.

• Like 2

Posted

Attached image appears to summarise the science behind the UK’s strategy - follow the green curve, not the blue one. It appears to be predicated on the idea that it is better to get the virus to pass through the population (with some delaying mechanism to protect the health service), whilst protecting most vulnerable populations through isolation. The purpose being to create some form of herd immunity and protect ourselves from a future wave of infection (which may be even worse). Self evidently, almost every other country is going for lockdown strategy, the blue curve.

There are just so many risks with our strategy given lack of clear understanding and data around the disease - it could go catastrophically wrong.

But even if it is the right approach (highly unlikely IMO), I just can’t see how we can even attempt this now, on our own. Can you imagine the situation in a few weeks time, for example, we we had 100s/1000s of deaths a weeks, and other countries have “managed” to get it under control. We would be in turmoil.

And imagine if some existing drugs prove effective in treatment - we could have ridiculous numbers of unnecessary sick people and deaths. 

image.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted

Wouldn’t surprise me if the US sees a skyrocketing amount of cases in one day soon.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Saint coolio said:

Attached image appears to summarise the science behind the UK’s strategy - follow the green curve, not the blue one. It appears to be predicated on the idea that it is better to get the virus to pass through the population (with some delaying mechanism to protect the health service), whilst protecting most vulnerable populations through isolation. The purpose being to create some form of herd immunity and protect ourselves from a future wave of infection (which may be even worse). Self evidently, almost every other country is going for lockdown strategy, the blue curve.

There are just so many risks with our strategy given lack of clear understanding and data around the disease - it could go catastrophically wrong.

But even if it is the right approach (highly unlikely IMO), I just can’t see how we can even attempt this now, on our own. Can you imagine the situation in a few weeks time, for example, we we had 100s/1000s of deaths a weeks, and other countries have “managed” to get it under control. We would be in turmoil.

And imagine if some existing drugs prove effective in treatment - we could have ridiculous numbers of unnecessary sick people and deaths. 

image.jpeg

Well it’s either going to be a government response that will be followed by others in the future if another pandemic occurs or will be seen as the largest ever human experiment which crashed and burned with devastating consequences.

• Like 6

Posted
12 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

She is a very professional news reporter.

.Censured formally once by BBC for bias, and sailed damn close to the wind during the latest election if you ask me. I mean she retweeted Dominic Cummings’s blog for goodness sake, directly, with no commentary,

i don’t care about the politics, but I do want journalists to be questioning policies on this health crisis. 

• Like 7

Posted
2 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

Well it’s either going to be a government response that will be followed by others in the future if another pandemic occurs or will be seen as the largest ever human experiment which crashed and burned with devastating consequences.

I guess the issue is it will get abandoned part way through and leave us with the worst of both strategies

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 minute ago, Saint coolio said:

I guess the issue is it will get abandoned part way through and leave us with the worst of both strategies

Whatever happens, I hope it isn't this. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Disclose.tv

@disclosetv

BREAKING - ROYAL RETREAT! Queen quits Buckingham Palace over #COVID19 fears as UK cases hit 1,140 and death toll doubles to 21. Plans are in place to quarantine her and Prince Philip, 98, at Sandringham if the coronavirus outbreak worsens.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, alexisj9 said:

Whatever happens, I hope it isn't this. 

Agree. This is a massive decision coming up

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, Saint coolio said:

.Censured formally once by BBC for bias, and sailed damn close to the wind during the latest election if you ask me. I mean she retweeted Dominic Cummings’s blog for goodness sake, directly, with no commentary,

i don’t care about the politics, but I do want journalists to be questioning policies on this health crisis. 

I think she's a great journo

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, on the coast said:

Agree. This is a massive decision coming up

Me too.

I think we’re a few days from seeing press storied about the NHS being in crisis through this, the pressure will be too high to not fall into line imho