Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

COVID-19 Pandemic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
8 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

May be and may be not, it might have been where the fist big cluster was, but who knows where it started, it developed naturally, so any anger towards which country it decided to cluster in first, is misplaced. 

Every minute wasted on finding someone to blame, is a minute that would be far-better spent on discovering the solution...?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

• Like 1

Posted

Well I'm definitely following the WHO advice to check for updates once or at most twice a day and only from trusted sources.   Just on a flick through here there's so much anxiety and distress.  It's a difficult situation for sure but, please, following every post, catastrophising and looking for real or imagined mistakes from all the world leading experts will make you ill and, annoyingly, less able to fight off this thing.

How many of us a few weeks back knew anything about epidemiology, about the progress of viruses, about herd immunity?  Suddenly there are bedroom experts everywhere.  So many shout 'do something' but won't follow the science in deciding what that 'something' should be, as long as it's 'something'.  

Do your bit for relatives, friends, neighbours.  Don't hide in your bunker unless indicated, be sensible about the risk, keep yourselves happy; if you're stuck inside try film, music, art, literature, cooking, exercise, not necessarily social media and 24hr news channels.

Just a thought anyway.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
1 minute ago, General Cluster said:

Every minute wasted on finding someone to blame, is a minute that would be far-better spent on discovering the solution...?

Great post.

100% agree and, to add to that, whether you’re a true blue Tory or a Corbynite you should be hoping against hope our Government are judging this right.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
31 minutes ago, Boro Snow said:

Sorry if this has been posted but a must watch he explains what it felt like to have covid 19

They landed back in the UK today which is fantastic news

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes
Just now, Summer Sun said:

They landed back in the UK today which is fantastic news

Excellent news Gav, did you watch the video

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Boro Snow said:

Excellent news Gav, did you watch the video

I did. The amount of blood tests they had and the list they got back sounds nothing like this country. The detail they seem to go into is quite amazing.

• Like 2

Posted

Just heard this bit of satire thought I would share it with you, made me laugh :

I used to 'cough' in public to hide a 'fart' now I 'fart' in public to hide a 'cough'

• Like 5

Posted

This needs to happen more often!

Posted

Well I tried to take a break from following the news for a while, I really did... I took the kids upstairs to watch some Peppa Pig cartoons - as usual, I clicked on the first video on YouTube - would you believe it, it was a compilation of episodes where Peppa Pig gets a cold, a cough, measles, has an ambulance visit, has a police visit... I can only guess the video got to the top of the YouTube listings because parents are using it to teach their kids about what's going on!! So harder to escape it than I thought!! 

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, HighPressure said:

I raised the issue on here the other day that I felt I had a cold/flu at Christmas with very similar symptoms to Corona Virus, a few others said they or someone they knew had similar symptoms around the same time. Since then I have posted on Reddit, and the thread and related ones are literally inundated with similar stories. In the US they have been reporting the symptoms from early December whereas the UK seems to return the same thing about 2-3 wks later around Christmas.

On looking into this a bit further it seems the 1st case identified in China was 17th November, presumably it had been around for a while. So my question is : Is there any merit on me and people like me having a test to see if we have the anti-bodies showing we have or have not had the virus already, indeed is that possible?

If so wouldn't it be helpful to the powers that be to help with their calculations with peaks etc?

Just a thought, as I would like to know if I have had it or not? 

Have you a link to the reddit page. Please 

Edited by booferking

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
36 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

Only ever watched the London Marathon or Tour de France. Prefer to do sport than watch it!

I'm quite sad really lol, I used to watch everything except football, even snooker and cricket. 

Posted

First case confirmed in Darlington - patient currently at Darlington Memorial Hospital.

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/18305871.first-case-coronavirus-now-confirmed-darlington/

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes
2 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

First case confirmed in Darlington - patient currently at Darlington Memorial Hospital.

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/18305871.first-case-coronavirus-now-confirmed-darlington/

You have just ruined my evening 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
33 minutes ago, abruzzi spur said:

Well I'm definitely following the WHO advice to check for updates once or at most twice a day and only from trusted sources.   Just on a flick through here there's so much anxiety and distress.  It's a difficult situation for sure but, please, following every post, catastrophising and looking for real or imagined mistakes from all the world leading experts will make you ill and, annoyingly, less able to fight off this thing.

How many of us a few weeks back knew anything about epidemiology, about the progress of viruses, about herd immunity?  Suddenly there are bedroom experts everywhere.  So many shout 'do something' but won't follow the science in deciding what that 'something' should be, as long as it's 'something'.  

Do your bit for relatives, friends, neighbours.  Don't hide in your bunker unless indicated, be sensible about the risk, keep yourselves happy; if you're stuck inside try film, music, art, literature, cooking, exercise, not necessarily social media and 24hr news channels.

Just a thought anyway.

yes, but I think in these times support is a big thing. Yes looking up 'what next' isn't doing my anxiety any good, so as a community I look for support rather than a web page telling me 'not to panic'. 

I know you mean well and if you're not worried that's fine - having people to talk to and share troubles with i think helps. I'm certainly one of these types that feel better just writing down what I think.

Edited by Dami
  • Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Man With Beard said:

A lighter topic (or maybe not!) 

Anyone having sport withdrawal symptoms today? 

No because my sport - snooker - is unaffected. They're just playing on without crowds. Gibraltar Open currently on Eurosport player. The radio was funny today though as footie programmes battled on without footie!

Edited by Team Squirrel
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
Just now, Team Squirrel said:

No because my sport - snooker - us unaffected. They're just playing on without crowds. Gibraltar Open currently on Eurosport player. The radio was funny today though as footie programmes battled on without footie!

was just checking about Crucible Sheffield, still on as of now, but isn't the ban from next Friday? still be called off yet, certainly expecting no Wimbledon this year

Posted
1 hour ago, The PIT said:

Sounds like typical flu and coming back too early. When I had last had flu it took two weeks and much longer for the resultant depression to go.

I have a suppressed immune system due to leukaemia . The end of December I started with a non productive cough my temperature shot up and i went to hospital they did all the tests and I was told it was viral had a chest X-ray etc sent home only to land back there a week later chest X-ray again and given antibiotics as a caution . I then developed a sinus infection and it was mid feb and 3 more courses of antibiotics before I felt well . I was sent for another chest X-ray 2 weeks ago to see if the inflammation in my lungs had cleared . I had flu 2 years ago I was swabbed in hospital so I know it was definitely flu and that was a walk in the park compared to this virus ! I to are very suspicious 

• Like 2

Posted
8 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Positive part of the statement as these guys will have info from 111 aswell

At this time the number of confirmed or suspected cases locally is very low and we continue to ask for the public’s support.”

• Like 1

Posted