Cold?
IGNORED

COVID-19 Pandemic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Posted
5 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

A lighter topic (or maybe not!) 

Anyone having sport withdrawal symptoms today? 

Absolutely not. On the whole I don’t like any sport other than skiing if I’m doing it. More inclined to such things as canoeing, shooting and archery.  I like watching the Tour de France.  Such hard men.  Not like wimpy footballers lying on the field because they have got a bit of grass stain. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
5 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Smoking withdrawal symptoms for me. Coming up on 24 hours now!

It’s a weird one.

I’ve spent the afternoon looking forwards to Saturday Night Takeaway.

These are desperate times.

• Like 3

Posted

I raised the issue on here the other day that I felt I had a cold/flu at Christmas with very similar symptoms to Corona Virus, a few others said they or someone they knew had similar symptoms around the same time. Since then I have posted on Reddit, and the thread and related ones are literally inundated with similar stories. In the US they have been reporting the symptoms from early December whereas the UK seems to return the same thing about 2-3 wks later around Christmas.

On looking into this a bit further it seems the 1st case identified in China was 17th November, presumably it had been around for a while. So my question is : Is there any merit on me and people like me having a test to see if we have the anti-bodies showing we have or have not had the virus already, indeed is that possible?

If so wouldn't it be helpful to the powers that be to help with their calculations with peaks etc?

Just a thought, as I would like to know if I have had it or not? 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

I decided not to watch the 2nd half of the stand but listen to Pink Floyd Pulse instead. More cheerful.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty
21 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Then there is no reason to be angry at China or Wuhan. 

Well, unless I’ve missed something somewhere along the line, is it not sort of where this nightmare most probably began?  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms
4 hours ago, snefnug said:

A bit harsh...... on the bum I think.

Could always grow cabbage and lettuce in plant pots inside and use that, as long as you're not planning on eating it after 

Posted
8 minutes ago, HighPressure said:

I raised the issue on here the other day that I felt I had a cold/flu at Christmas with very similar symptoms to Corona Virus, a few others said they or someone they knew had similar symptoms around the same time. Since then I have posted on Reddit, and the thread and related ones are literally inundated with similar stories. In the US they have been reporting the symptoms from early December whereas the UK seems to return the same thing about 2-3 wks later around Christmas.

On looking into this a bit further it seems the 1st case identified in China was 17th November, presumably it had been around for a while. So my question is : Is there any merit on me and people like me having a test to see if we have the anti-bodies showing we have or have not had the virus already, indeed is that possible?

If so wouldn't it be helpful to the powers that be to help with their calculations with peaks etc?

There was a very nasty cough which went around my workplace before Christmas and over New year.  A significant proportion of people at my workplace and to get it. The demographic of my work is very heavily skewed to young people in their twenties and a lot of then caught it.

My immune system is normally pretty good but I ended up with a persistent cough which took several weeks to fully shake off. I might have had a mild fever for a day or so but it definitely wasn't flu and seemed different to the usual colds and sniffles that go around in winter as well.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
25 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

Well, now that you ask, not really... Spurs won't lose, this weekend!

• Like 6

Posted
11 minutes ago, HighPressure said:

My veterinary practice staff had a shocking flu type virus just before Christmas as well.  The vets, nurses and receptionists were quite ill.  They were each off work for days when poorly with it and then when they did return to work one or two simply hadn’t got over the viral illness and needed a second spell off work to fully fight it off.  It does make you wonder.   

• Like 1

Posted

So, I've had my first confirmed Covid person that I know, a neighbour,  3 doors down.

He was tested last week as his son had been diagnosed after coming back from Italy.

But, here's the thing. He had no symptoms at all, nothing. And he's in his seventies and suffers from asthma, high blood pressure and heart problems.

The medical explanation given to him was that his exposure must have been very low, but they just don't know enough about it yet.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any kind of extremes. But the more snow the better.
19 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Smoking withdrawal symptoms for me. Coming up on 24 hours now!

24hrs...you won't last the weekend mate.. Are you vaping at all? It does help... In fairness I would say judging  by the budget and the big increase again, now is the time. Saying that you buy a vapour machine, the ones where you can blow big clouds... You then buy a tub of juice.. Then they tell you a coil lasts about a week, at £4 a pop, and before you know it, your tobacco habit was cheaper!  

Oh and regarding the sports being cancelled, I'm with bet 365 and a fair bit of South American matches are still on... Namely Brazil and Argentina. I have noticed Peru and paraguay have now gone. Serbia, Turkey... Russia also still playing.. I have a feeling some of these will also go in time. 

Posted
17 minutes ago, HighPressure said:

Science nerds would need to develop a serology test to look for antibodies.

i would love to take one as I would love to know. The thing I had at Christmas matched every single coronavirus checkbox. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
2 minutes ago, Snowycat said:

My veterinary practice staff had a shocking flu type virus just before Christmas as well.  The vets, nurses and receptionists were quite ill.  They were each off work for days when poorly with it and then when they did return to work one or two simply hadn’t got over the viral illness and needed a second spell off work to fully fight it off.  It does make you wonder.   

Sounds like typical flu and coming back too early. When I had last had flu it took two weeks and much longer for the resultant depression to go.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Mattwolves said:

24hrs...you won't last the weekend mate.. Are you vaping at all? It does help... In fairness I would say judging  by the budget and the big increase again, now is the time. Saying that you buy a vapour machine, the ones where you can blow big clouds... You then buy a tub of juice.. Then they tell you a coil lasts about a week, at £4 a pop, and before you know it, your tobacco habit was cheaper!  

Oh and regarding the sports being cancelled, I'm with bet 365 and a fair bit of South American matches are still on... Namely Brazil and Argentina. I have noticed Peru and paraguay have now gone. Serbia, Turkey... Russia also still playing.. I have a feeling some of these will also go in time. 

I am vaping yes, thankfully I have a vape! Got a minging sort of dull headache at the moment and I am gagging for a roll up haha.

• Like 2

Posted
29 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

Nope, although if I had SKY sports I guess I would have missed live F1 races, have got used to not seeing the races live since its departure from terrestrial TV.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any kind of extremes. But the more snow the better.
2 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

So, I've had my first confirmed Covid person that I know, a neighbour,  3 doors down.

He was tested last week as his son had been diagnosed after coming back from Italy.

But, here's the thing. He had no symptoms at all, nothing. And he's in his seventies and suffers from asthma, high blood pressure and heart problems.

The medical explanation given to him was that his exposure must have been very low, but they just don't know enough about it yet.

That's pretty amazing tbh, and it makes me wanna say again...just how many of us have already had this complaint and suffered no symptoms! Some of us who are panicking now could have already had it and not even been aware!! At least that offers some degree of comfort. 

• Like 5

Posted

• Like 1

Posted

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
49 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

Which makes the election tomorrow even more crazy ! Utter lunacy . How the hell do you give that advice after going ahead with an election . And by next weekend for the second round things will be even worse .

The excuse Macron gave earlier in the week was some tosh about the virus not beating democracy .

Well it has beaten ours, local elections postponed till next year, even common sense couldn't beat our democracy before that. 

• Like 1

Posted

Supposed UK measures in the coming weeks 

• the forced requisitioning of hotels and other buildings as temporary hospitals;
  • the requisitioning of private hospitals as emergency hospitals;
  • temporary closure of pubs, bars and restaurants - some time after next weekend's ban on mass gatherings;
  • emergency manufacture by several companies of respirators that would be necessary to keep alive those who become acutely ill;
  • the closure of schools for perhaps a few weeks, but with skeleton staff kept on to provide childcare for key workers in the NHS and police.

img.jpg
WWW.ITV.COM

People over 70 will be instructed by the government to stay in strict isolation at home or in care homes for four months, under a "wartime-style" mobilisation...

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
36 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

As a Brighton fan, please end the Premier League now.