Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

COVID-19 Pandemic

Posted
3 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

I hope it’s negative otherwise he’ll try and milk it for sympathy which he deserves none of ! And the media will subject us to minute by minute updates on his condition!

I suspect he is negative based on the amount of time since he was exposed, either that or he is lucky and got a very mild version.

Anyway I think that will be the last flights to the US this side of summer unfortunately, no way this is under control before June for example.

Edited by kold weather

Posted
3 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

I'd like to share this useful information from a friend. 

And since you may well have been exposed anyhow, remove any coronavirus already around your nose and throat: Wash your hands and face well with soap and warm water, including -- on a finger -- a quarter-inch into each nostril. Then gently blow your nose. DON'T use those irrigating devices, like neti pots, that might force virus further inside! Brush your teeth and tongue, swish and spit, and gargle once or twice with an antiseptic mouthwash. 

You can also prevent particles entering your airways by applying vaseline just inside your nostril but make sure to wash it out before bed. 

Plus turn round three times and pray like hell

Posted
6 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

I'd like to share this useful information from a friend. 

And since you may well have been exposed anyhow, remove any coronavirus already around your nose and throat: Wash your hands and face well with soap and warm water, including -- on a finger -- a quarter-inch into each nostril. Then gently blow your nose. DON'T use those irrigating devices, like neti pots, that might force virus further inside! Brush your teeth and tongue, swish and spit, and gargle once or twice with an antiseptic mouthwash. 

You can also prevent particles entering your airways by applying vaseline just inside your nostril but make sure to wash it out before bed. 

Is this really legit? If it is, why isn't it being shared widely? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic Storms, Thunder & Lightning, Snow.
9 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

I would contact your local supermarket. Sometimes a one to one conversation can sort something out. I hope you are OK - some of my clients are the same but neighbours (and people like me) will make sure they get their supplies. At the moment, we are trying to make sure the most vulnerable and remote folks have at least a two week supply of non perishable stuff like ready meals that can be kept outside the fridge and canned meals.

Thank you, I do have some provisions and should get by ok this week, have managed to sort a delivery for the week after.

Posted
1 minute ago, Man With Beard said:

Doesn't make any sense since this doesn't affect your upper tracts, but deeper into your lungs. You can wash your nose and gargle your throat, but the real action is far lower in the lungs and deep tract, hence the cough but lack of runny nose, etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Man With Beard said:

There's all manner of things that "may" help. The main one obviously washing hands. But gargling antibac mouthwash or salt water, washing your face and nostrils etc, taking vitamin d, and even breathing techniques to expand the lungs. These "could" all help to a degree depending on your health, but there's no outright proof that they definitely will, they're just little things that may take the edge off. If its your time, its your time sometimes!

Can you imagine if someone official said gargle with salt water or mouthwash, at this rate there'd be nothing left on the shelves lol.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

If I gargle with alcoholic based mouthwashes I end up with a sore mouth. I had to ditch them years ago. To be honest I'll doubt it will do much bar kill a few bugs that you've breathed at the time. Gve it hour or several cups of tea the effects would have worn off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

A little bit of positive news from Italy. A couple of towns in Italy which were among the first put on lockdown have gone 2 days without a new case. 

131823579-8b2366c3-5f09-4c78-82ca-2bc507
WWW.REPUBBLICA.IT

Il vice del ministro della Salute: "Sono in isolamento dopo contatto con un sospetto contagiato". Anche la sua collega all'Istruzione Ascani

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
17 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

I hope it’s negative otherwise he’ll try and milk it for sympathy which he deserves none of ! And the media will subject us to minute by minute updates on his condition!

I'm more worried about his age it has to be negative. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather
11 minutes ago, BornFromTheVoid said:

I think it's time for folk to stop sharing the medical advice they find on facebook and such. Stick with official guidance please.

Is posting news (eg. how many cases a country has had or the actions they're going to take) from Twitter or any other social media app fine?

Posted
4 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

A little bit of positive news from Italy. A couple of towns in Italy which were among the first put on lockdown have gone 2 days without a new case. 

WWW.REPUBBLICA.IT

Il vice del ministro della Salute: "Sono in isolamento dopo contatto con un sospetto contagiato". Anche la sua collega all'Istruzione Ascani

Meanwhile we will carry on trying to infect 60% of the population! 

I really do think the government need to look at what has worked thus far, its worked in Wuhan, its worked in Italy (though that is obviously on a very small scale) but it proves Wuhan was no fluke and other countries can do something.

I'm not sure the public is going to go along with this lack of action for much longer.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather, thunderstorms, snow

Apologies if this has being highlighted already but second wave of the Spanish Flu is believed to have been caused by a much deadlier mutation of the first strain, spread widely by soldiers returning home from war, so, seems rather pointless to build herd immunity if a second wave scenario similar to Spanish Flu is expected. 
Surely trying to stop this thing in its tracks is the best solution. No doubt after it’s all under control there will still be localised outbreaks but these can be managed as they emerge. I’m sure at that stage there’ll be majority immunity anyway or perhaps even a vaccine.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes
6 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

WWW.REPUBBLICA.IT

Proof that it works and what we need to do

• Like 2

Posted

For those who may possibly find it difficult to imagine that you might get infected by someone suffering from the virus in close proximity remember what your breath looks like on a cold day.  The mist are droplets from your nose or mouth that might possibly contain a virus. Probably not though. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms
2 minutes ago, Zak M said:

Is posting news (eg. how many cases a country has had or the actions they're going to take) from Twitter or any other social media app fine?

Yeah, that's all fine. It's just the medical advice that's an issue. 

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, kold weather said:

I really do think the government need to look at what has worked thus far, its worked in Wuhan, its worked in Italy (though that is obviously on a very small scale) but it proves Wuhan was no fluke and other countries can do something.

I'm not sure the public is going to go along with this lack of action for much longer.

I am sure the government and its advisors are not just sitting around and doing nothing.  They look too tired for that.

• Like 2

Posted

A little thought from earlier. With regards to spain and italy suffering high numbers of cases and fatalities, do you think that their family culture could attribute to those numbers? England is known for not having the same kind of culture meaning contact between grandparents and the younger family isn't as great.  Just a though that could affect the outcome. 

• Like 4

Posted
2 minutes ago, Boro Snow said:

Proof that it works and what we need to do

Sadly if we were to try to implement that it would cause mass looting and riots, something I alluded to at the very beginning of this thread. The disaffected youth of London and other areas would see an incredible opportunity to run amok. The army and police can't be everywhere to stop it. I think the government know this and want to avoid it.

• Like 5

Posted
5 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Hang on. The scientist advisers here have always said they'd recommend more restrictive measures when they felt it was right time. Their concern about more immediate lockdown, shutting public places, schools  etc was because of concerns over less infection first time around and then if it rears up in autumn/winter any 2nd wave would be much much worse. That is my understanding.

What if Wuhan lessens grip on isolation and cases suddenly begin to rise there again?

• Like 1

Posted

A fight broke out on a plane flying from Saudi Arabia to Lebanon after drunk passengers refused to wear face masks and started coughing on people.

Not posting the video on here as it could be quite graphic to some people.

Edited by Zak M
  • Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Zak M said:

A fight broke out on a plane flying from Saudi Arabia to Lebanon after drunk passengers refused to wear face masks and started coughing on people.

No change there then 

• Like 1

Posted

Bless their hearts.

• Like 3