Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

COVID-19 Pandemic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.
4 minutes ago, Snowycat said:

Absolutely spot on.  I realised this morning I’m almost out of soap!  I’ll put it on the Waitrose shop but will be surprised if they have any.  If not, I’ll be dipping my hands in Anistel disinfectant on a frequent basis  I have plenty of alcohol gel and have the ingredients to make more up.   

Wash your hands in washing up liquid, does the same thing.

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, Norrance said:

Where did this information come from? If not from a reliable source I will remove.

I’m fairly sure there were a number of similarly themed things going around online yesterday which were then debunked by medical professionals 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

10 further Deaths reported in England

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

My holiday to Fuerteventura has been cancelled and I highly doubt storm chasing will be happening this year. Ho hum.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Breaking: Department of Health and Social Care announce 10 new deaths bringing the UKs total to 21

• Like 1

Guest Delete Me
2 minutes ago, Nick L said:

My holiday to Fuerteventura has been cancelled and I highly doubt storm chasing will be happening this year. Ho hum.

Off topic I know, but where were you staying?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any kind of extremes. But the more snow the better.
2 minutes ago, Norrance said:

Where did this information come from? If not from a reliable source I will remove.

The same theory of antiseptic mouth wash gargling I would have thought. There is gonna be a hell of alot of wild theories now as this virus takes hold and people will be clutching at the possibility of all kinds of crazy things helping. I've had previous probs with wisdom teeth and slight infections that have been kept under control by salt water rinsing. I suppose if alcohol substances can kill the virus outside the body, then in theory they can do the same on the inside. Dental approved oraldene is very efficient for these purposes, it's also quite pricy, so perhaps less likely to sell out. Listerine would also be good. But this is me taking a stab in the dark and hoping for something to help,, I'm pretty sure mother nature already has something out there to help stem this... Finding it will be the problem.. Forsythia perhaps! Something may help for one person, but do nothing for another!! Then we have that dreaded placebo effect to think about.. Sometimes if we believe it works, it actually feels like it does work. 

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Breaking: Department of Health and Social Care announce 10 new deaths bringing the UKs total to 21

Are we going to just get death cases now, or are we still going to get case numbers?

Still, thats a very concerning jump in deaths I've got to say, a doubling, which would suggest a sharp rise of cases...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Yes I agree, that doubling has shocked me.

Guest Delete Me

As of 9am on 14 March 2020, 37,746 people have been tested in the UK, of which 36,606 were confirmed negative and 1,140 were confirmed as positive. 21 patients who tested positive for COVID-19 have died.

342 new cases

Edited by Delete Me

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes
2 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

Over 60 and with underlying health conditions

All 10 ?

Posted
1 minute ago, Paul Faulkner said:

As of 9am on 14 March 2020, 37,746 people have been tested in the UK, of which 36,606 were confirmed negative and 1,140 were confirmed as positive. 21 patients who tested positive for COVID-19 have died.

Yes we have lift off Paul, that is well over 300 new cases, looks like we are now con the upward trend as have been so many other countries out there.

Also, those people being diagnosed would probably be from last weekend and maybe Monday, so wonder if we are about to see just how bad a mistake it was not to ban gatherings sooner.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Paul Faulkner said:

343 new cases....that’s a jump... guess more testing being done catching more cases

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

342 new cases

Have you got a link please?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
8 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

Off topic I know, but where were you staying?

A villa on the east coast. I suspect travel bans will become increasingly commonplace over the coming days.