Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

COVID-19 Pandemic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

A troubling piece of reporting from BFMTV that I have just watched over lunch which suggests that France is in the wake of Italy if you look at the evolution of the number of cases. The only difference, the piece points out, is in the number of deaths so far in France compared to the same stage in Italy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, Kiwi said:

This is ridiculous!!

........and now I'm panicking, some morons think tonic water fends off coronavirus and the shelves in my local supermarket were empty! Plans to fight my way through a lockdown fortified by Gin and Tonics are now in tatters!! 

It's all the anti malarial drug talk, people think quinine will help

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
11 minutes ago, swebby said:

I'm still not sure if it is now a notifiable disease?  Initially it was not,  then there was talk of it would be for insurance reasons but no idea if that happened? 

It is. Ironically (and sadly) the health MP Nadine Dorries came down with coronavirus the day she signed the statutory instrument declaring it notifiable a week last Friday.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
12 minutes ago, Tilly said:

Panic buying and people just generally being absolute disgusting creatures is really effecting us now. There’s no baby formula I have 3 under 3 and we go through 3 tubs a week. Went to buy some and No stock. Other half looked on ebay and people are selling them, 3 for £90! Usual price is £10.99 each. The toilet roll was ridiculous, the hand sanitiser ridiculous and inconsiderate but baby milk is an absolute disgrace. There are possible alternatives but it’s not just a simple switch you can do with formula and I’m sure these are probably now getting brought up by money hungry idiots looking to make a pretty penny out of desperate parents. I literally just stopped breast feeding a couple of weeks ago (bad timing) so hopefully I can get it back else we are going to be in a desperate state! How people can be like this is beyond me  

Problem this then forces you to buy when you see some available. After two weeks of empty shelves in regards to toilet rolls I've picked some up today fromBM. As for Sanitisers haven't seen any available for two weeks. I needed some washing gloves as my have split zero in Tescos. I've managed to pick up the last in my size this morning from BM store. It had fallen off and got wedged behind other stock.

When this is over perhaps Governments need to think about rationing for when and if the next one virus outbreak comes along.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms
Just now, Paul Faulkner said:

Iran have finally released the breakdown of cases by Age/Gender

image.thumb.png.cbd900c9daaeb7e44ff1c326b8fa225b.png

Any interpreters on here?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Napoli football player Lorenzo Insigne has donated 100,000 euros to hospitals in Naples to fight the coronavirus.

• Like 4

Posted
6 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

Iran have finally released the breakdown of cases by Age/Gender

image.thumb.png.cbd900c9daaeb7e44ff1c326b8fa225b.png

Would suggest anyone over the age of 20, and especially 30, was not particularly safe. 

Posted

Actually footballers may have to think about taking a wage cut if they want their clubs to survive depending on how long this carries on.

Posted
1 hour ago, General Cluster said:

Oh no!!!!!! :shok:I love the stuff, as I've convinced myself it helps relieve fatigue-pains. (Not exactly malaria, but there you go!)

The good news: Irn Bru contains quinine too!:drunk:

Don't tell everyone, it's my sons favorite fizzy drink, it'll set him off if I can't get any. 

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, The PIT said:

Problem this then forces you to buy when you see some available. After two weeks of empty shelves in regards to toilet rolls I've picked some up today fromBM. As for Sanitisers haven't seen any available for two weeks. I needed some washing gloves as my have split zero in Tescos. I've managed to pick up the last in my size this morning from BM store. It had fallen off and got wedged behind other stock.

When this is over perhaps Governments need to think about rationing for when and if the next one virus outbreak comes along.

I think the problems are more to do with just in time delivery, supermarkets do not keep any long life products as they have no space behind their stores stores as they don"t want  to pay for it and manufactures do not keep  large amounts of stock as it costs them money for raw materials and supermarkets are slow to pay.(Morrisons are however going to help small suppliers by paying them soon after delivery now) Accountants are probably behind a lot of this approach and I think once we get through this a lot of systems will change

• Like 2

Guest Delete Me
8 minutes ago, snowdog said:

Any interpreters on here?

Sorry mate , this should help:

Deaths:
 - Min: 3yr (leukemia case)
 - Max: 91

- 20-29: 2%
 - 30-39: 4%
 - 40-49: 9%
 - 50-59: 18%
 - 60-69: 27%
 - 70-79: 20%

[Blue: male, Red: female]

https://www.entekhab.ir/fa/news/536030/میانگین-سن-ابتلا-به-کرونا-در-ایران-۵۴-سال-میانگین-سنی-فوتی-ها-۶۷-سال-کوچکترین-فرد-فوت-شده-کودک-سه-ساله‌-مبتلا-به-سرطان-خون-مسن-ترین-فرد-۹۱-ساله-اند-نمودار

Posted

Posted
8 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Actually footballers may have to think about taking a wage cut if they want their clubs to survive depending on how long this carries on.

Super rich footballers will be fine(prem lg)

As for the rest forget it, if this collective madness carries on.

Guest Delete Me

I really hope premier league clubs and the FA are digging deep to help keep a lot of league one and two clubs alive during this difficult time

Posted
2 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

I recommend a read of professor Donald's post on the governments plan and how it will be implemented, comparisons to Italy are interesting.

https://twitter.com/iandonald_psych/status/1238518371651649538

One or two points I disagree on. Italy did what they have done as the health service there cannot cope so infection has to be prevented. He also points out holes in the Governments stragey as well to be fair. Mainly the failure to protect high risk groups which will add strain to NHS.

There seems to be an assumption that controls will cease all at once more likely a slow lifting of restrictions will occur a return to work then a slow re-opening of shops depending on how well the health services cope if there''s a new surge in demands.

So basically Italy and China have built a dam where the water can be released in a control manner. The Government seems to be let the rapids flow and hope that their isn't too much damage to the gorge and it doesn't matter who gets swept away meantime. High risk to me.

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, Summer Sun said:

# COVID ー 19 | Taking anti-inflammatory drugs (ibuprofen, cortisone, ...) could be a factor in worsening the infection. If you have a fever, take paracetamol. If you are already on anti-inflammatory drugs or in doubt, ask your doctor for advice.

I stopped taking my hay-fever nose spray as soon as the death rate in Iran was linked to steroid use, but I have been using ibuprofen to help with my stitches pain along with paracetamol, I guess it may be time to cut that out. 

• Like 1

Posted

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

The panic buying will only continue and probably get worse as the cases/deaths rise in the UK, and particularly if/when measures are announced for the elderly to stay home. 

The only solution is to implement some form of rationing surely? I saw people buying whole pallets of tinned food yesterday, which is unnecessary and selfish. And the baby food situation that was mentioned earlier in the thread is really horrible to hear, many parents will be getting v. worried over this due to the panic buyers (although they probably are worrying themselves, so it's a difficult situation!).

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

The panic buying will only continue and probably get worse as the cases/deaths rise in the UK, and particularly if/when measures are announced for the elderly to stay home. 

The only solution is to implement some form of rationing surely? I saw people buying whole pallets of tinned food yesterday, which is unnecessary and selfish. And the baby food situation that was mentioned earlier in the thread is really horrible to hear, many parents will be getting v. worried over this due to the panic buyers (although they probably are worrying themselves, so it's a difficult situation!).

The problem is it feeds itself . People who weren’t going to panic buy see the shelves emptying and then worry and so start hoarding aswell.

If it gets out of hand then there are likely to be shortages.

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

Spiraling out of control now for Spain

Yes, France probably won't be that far behind based ,on the in creasing critical cases there. Switzerland is probably the next country to blow up as well looking at the trends.