Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

COVID-19 Pandemic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

I would laugh my socks off if it was all clear on 3rd April, watford went down and Boris Johnson accused Nigel Pearson of a lack of leadership.

Posted

And the Battle for the Bog Roll has crossed the Pond!

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Bristle boy said:

Grim, Nick. Thoughts with the people affected across the Channel. Genuine.

Thanks that’s really nice of you . I can’t tell you how disappointed I am that I had to cancel my UK trip .

Was so looking forward to seeing close friends in Cornwall , then was supposed to head down to Sussex and then London .

But when you see what’s happening it’s really inconsequential in the grand scheme of things .

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

The latest French update suggests things are rapidly going downhill here .

3661 confirmed cases . That’s up by 800.

79 deaths .

154 people in intensive care 

Yes the deaths are starting to mount up in France now. Germany meanwhile still isn't recording a jump in deaths despite a decent number of cases now

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, kold weather said:

Yes the deaths are starting to mount up in France now. Germany meanwhile still isn't recording a jump in deaths despite a decent number of cases now

I wonder if more younger people are getting it there . Apparently in SK that happened because so many of those infected were younger members of that religious sect .

Posted
4 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

Thanks that’s really nice of you . I can’t tell you how disappointed I am that I had to cancel my UK trip .

Was so looking forward to seeing close friends in Cornwall , then was supposed to head down to Sussex and then London .

But when you see what’s happening it’s really inconsequential in the grand scheme of things .

We've planned a 2-month stay in Fuerteventura since last May. A regular haunt of ours, but normally only for a week or 10 days. Supposed to travel from Bristol airport on 25 March. My only worries are (i) it suddenly escalates on the lsland or (ii) Spain suddenly bans all flights to and from, after we've arrived or (iii) we get there and the island authorities shut restaurants and bars, like parts of mainland Spain and Balearics have done yday.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan
22 hours ago, CreweCold said:

A lot of us will be in the same boat. Get in bed, stay there and pray we make it through.

Getting up and trying to get on with your daily routine whilst suffering with this will not help anybody one bit.

Only just seen this -- it's hard to keep up. But I hope when I said "beat it on my own" it didn't come across as "take a Lemsip and go into work". Not at all. I completely agree with you. (I'm already doing the social distancing stuff as much as I can, not waiting to be told I have to.)

Edited by Arctic Hare
  • Like 4

Posted
Just now, Bristle boy said:

We've planned a 2-month stay in Fuerteventura since last May. A regular haunt of ours, but normally only for a week or 10 days. Supposed to travel from Bristol airport on 25 March. My only worries are (i) it suddenly escalates on the lsland or (ii) Spain suddenly bans all flights to and from, after we've arrived or (iii) we get there and the island authorities shut restaurants and bars, like parts of mainland Spain and Balearics have done yday.

I can see it’s a real dilemma as to what to do . Things are changing so quickly at the moment that no one really knows what’s going to happen .

• Like 3

Posted

Time to finish the glass of Southern Comfort and lemonade, and retire to bed. Cheers all

• Like 4

Posted

Found rather interesting the postings over recent hours. People reactions and concerns.

From what I see government is just rolling out what they said they would do. Going as fast or as slow as required.

Numerous postings about self medication unhelpful.  None on here, as far as I am aware, are qualified to speak on such matters.  I am of the school who is sceptical about even doctors prescribing things.  “Take this and you should be better in a week otherwise it might take 7 days”.

Serious risks of contra indications by mixing drugs. 

At the end of the day this is a real game changer and wake up call for the world.

Time for bed said Zebedee 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

I have just had a slanging match with my partner and daughter about the effects this could have on our lives and others and it's took me a best part of an hour,good job the missus is not in next door otherwise the police would be around,my partner is saying oh! it's just a cold going around and i said no it's not and my daughter is saying i don't want to die,so i have just had to sit them down and explain the situation of what's going on

i can imagine that other people are going through the same situation right now

the comforting i had to address to them was:-

to my daughter,you have nothing to worry about and you are not going to die

to my partner who is 40 i said you have a condition(stomach hernia),and i said i don't know how this may affect you but you have an underlying symptom and it may have an effect i don't know

my daughter was sent home from school Wednesday from symptoms of a fever and was coughing,my partner was also coughing this week but both have been in isolation from Wednesday and they are showing no symptoms now,i don't know if they have had symptoms of CV but my partner was ringing 111 this week with no reply

a message to all out there,if you have symptoms of coughing,fever,aching,please isolate yourself and protect the elderly,it's not hard and can save many from a few.

Edited by Allseasons-si
  • Like 9

Posted
3 hours ago, nick sussex said:

To be honest I’ve not seen much evidence of panic buying down here yet .

The only thing I couldn’t find was hand gel and the pharmacist just gave me an instruction leaflet and the ingredients and charged me over 30 euros for the pleasure! 

Wow. Shocking sure most people on here would of sent you one for a few quid i.e postage r amazon.. 30 euros to make ya own for simple advice that can be found on the internet in like a 1 minute search terrible 

Edited by Wiltshire_snow_lover

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Posted

Just woke up and found out the government closed all pubs, restaurants and other non-essential shops completely overnight. Surreal feeling. 

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Slow trickle in China 11 new cases and 13 deaths. Need to keep an eye on this as China relaxes controls. If it takes off again then well we have a bigger problem.

At home the way things are going the Government may be able to carry on not doing anything as we self isolate by ourselves.

• Like 2

Posted

What some people are mis understanding here is that the Government has to appear in control. However it's clear to me anyway that the lack of action has brought about a lack of confidence in organisations. A loss of confidence in the Government is a very bad thing and will cause more panic than being pro active rather than post active.

Italy according to the beeb is showing a slow down which shows that strong action could have the possible desired effect which will heap even more pressure on the Government.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Several posts have been hidden from last night. Just a reminder that can we please refrain extending any political discussion beyond the direct response to this outbreak please.

Cheers 

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
6 hours ago, Allseasons-si said:

I have just had a slanging match with my partner and daughter about the effects this could have on our lives and others and it's took me a best part of an hour,good job the missus is not in next door otherwise the police would be around,my partner is saying oh! it's just a cold going around and i said no it's not and my daughter is saying i don't want to die,so i have just had to sit them down and explain the situation of what's going on

i can imagine that other people are going through the same situation right now

the comforting i had to address to them was:-

to my daughter,you have nothing to worry about and you are not going to die

to my partner who is 40 i said you have a condition(stomach hernia),and i said i don't know how this may affect you but you have an underlying symptom and it may have an effect i don't know

my daughter was sent home from school Wednesday from symptoms of a fever and was coughing,my partner was also coughing this week but both have been in isolation from Wednesday and they are showing no symptoms now,i don't know if they have had symptoms of CV but my partner was ringing 111 this week with no reply

a message to all out there,if you have symptoms of coughing,fever,aching,please isolate yourself and protect the elderly,it's not hard and can save many from a few.

Same with me with folk at work.

I don't think a lot  people in this country are mentally prepared for the horrors incoming.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, daz_4 said:

Just woke up and found out the government closed all pubs, restaurants and other non-essential shops completely overnight. Surreal feeling. 

Do you sense this is a panic reaction or planned reaction? 

• Like 1

Posted

Well the virus has arrived at work lets see what happens. Most staff are hoping for a few days away from work although we will be expected to work.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Robbie Garrett said:

Just a thought.

I'm starting think this virus is far more widespread than the statistics show, but most people aren't getting bad enough symptoms to get tested. If that's the case, then it's actually very good news as the death rate is even lower than being reported.

Public figures I guess have quicker access to healthcare, so more of them get tested - perhaps? 

• Like 5