Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

COVID-19 Pandemic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny Summers/Cold Wintry Winters
10 minutes ago, Snipper said:

People have the opportunity do do what they like.  Would you go to a gathering if you thought it was unsafe? More fool you if you do. It is possibly the government is assuming everyone has common sense and not sheep who only act if told to do so. They have indicated they will take more draconian action if they need to .

I'm certainly going nowhere near any of these big gatherings unless I'm forced to for some reason. I think at least a good 10% of the population don't have any common sense to be frank and that's me being generous take all the idiots that are going out and panic buying everything from the shops. 

Edited by Summerstorm
  • Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, kold weather said:

I suppose the question is in that case why not just do it anyway and ban the events? People I'm sure will understand its for the greater good even if they do kick off a stink initially. 

Is this is a dangerous attempt to play the behaviour of the country. I'm sure 90% will listen, but its that 10% that is going to so to quote "spoil it for the rest of us" (Sorry, used that line a few too many times in the past!)

The 10% will always try and spoil it I am afraid. Most of us like to do something of our own free will and not be forced. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

London North Eastern Railway (LNER) are allowing customers to re-arrange their travel up to and including 30th April free of charge.

Full refunds are also available up to and including the same date.

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

wow Donald Trump just done a elbow bump!

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Zak M said:

Most of the world going into some sort of shutdown. I wonder when it will end? Other countries going into shutdown will have a big impact on the UK even if we don't, of course. 

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

Most of the world going into some sort of shutdown. I wonder when it will end? Other countries going into shutdown will have a big impact on the UK even if we don't, of course. 

We will probably join them at some point, its just that we are not at that point according to our advisers, as we are saying it is impossible to stop this, so we are conserving the dracoian measures for when we are near the peak and large chunks of the population are ill concurrently. 

If you've got 10% of the population ill at the same time, normal life will not function anyway by that point. Its like a snow day...except on a far bigger and more dangerous scale.

Edited by kold weather
  • Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

I expect many are worried but tinged with a morbid fascination. Let’s hope this saga has better ending than the Game of Thrones. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms
3 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta has tweeted saying he's "Feeling better already"

Having it for 3 days and then feeling somewhat better afterwards is the general consensus isn't it?  

2 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

We seem to be going into voluntary lockdown, which may be easier to enforce than mandatory lockdown?

Maybe this is coming from the Government in order to not induce panic of buying toilet roll and riots in supermarkets?  Very tactical if so.

1 hour ago, kold weather said:

There are three main strains of this virus, and 270 substrains which have been identified upto a week ago (there was a great 'family tree' which showed the different variations and where they were found)

So the likelyhood is the other two strains have also been doing the rounds at the same time as the Italy variation has been. The first strain was mainly found in Asia and parts of USA, the 2nd and 3rd mainly Europe with other various locations where they have been imported into. 

Wish I'd saved it now, it made for some interesting reading, especially as we had the same strain Italy has now got.

This one.  Almost 93% confident by Colindale that Covid-19 was in UK shores in Mid-January. 

NEXTSTRAIN.ORG

• Like 1

Posted

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

Sound advice from WMO

• Like 5

Posted
4 minutes ago, Robbie Garrett said:

This one.  Almost 93% confident by Colindale that Covid-19 was in UK shores in Mid-January. 

So why was it so slow to kick in.  Initial cases were all traceable to elsewhere

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

At work we have to self isolate for 14 days 

Screenshot_20200313-200502.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Trump says he 'maybe' gonna add UK on his travel ban list regarding higher increase in number of cases today.

Edited by pip22
  • Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Robbie Garrett said:

NEXTSTRAIN.ORG

Lots of people I know (including myself, my wife and son) had really bad infections causing long lasting coughs etc from mid December until late January, makes me wonder what we had.

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Lots of people I know (including myself, my wife and son) had really bad infections causing long lasting coughs etc from mid December until late January, makes me wonder what we had.

So why weren’t you infecting people right left and centre?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
4 minutes ago, pip22 said:

Trump says he 'maybe' add UK on his travel ban list regarding increase in number of cases today.

Silly bugger. He should spend his energy facing the crisis in his own country rather than grandstanding.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
5 minutes ago, pip22 said:

Trump says he 'maybe' gonna add UK on his travel ban list regarding higher increase in number of cases today.

I Don't blame him - should be done both ways though. all aircraft should be grounded until this mess is sorted out.

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, Spikecollie said:

Silly bugger. He should spend his energy facing the crisis in his own country rather than grandstanding.

USA today compared to Uk 

14E00C3E-9821-48D1-BC87-95B0E1C78D27.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Spain have reported 2,086 new cases and 46 new deaths.

Total now 5,232  with 132 deaths

My word they are really ramping up the cases, given the curve they are probably ahead of where Italy was at the same time point.

Also 132 deaths is really not very good, thats double the previous combined total!!

Over 10,000 new cases today.

Also, Germany nearly upto the 1000 new cases club. Looks like this week has been the one that this virus has finally blown up. The curve on the logarithmic chart is bending back up again as well. 

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

I Don't blame him - should be done both ways though. all aircraft should be grounded until this mess is sorted out.

Yeah its going to kill the industry, however I kind of agree at this point, we need to co-ordinate these things.

Also, Greta would love it!

• Like 2

Posted