Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

COVID-19 Pandemic

Posted
5 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Probably put it in the water along with fluoride as a mass medication.

Sorry working on the plot line for my next book.

How's this for a tinfoil hat book plot line.  A totalitarian dictatorship country decides to 'bump' an ex member off via a newly developed bio-weapon.  A virus (that they removed the ability to transmit from human to human) that would make it look like they died from 'the flu', BUT! the person that was infected went to an animal farm and the virus then passed back to the animals (of which the virus hadn't had the transmission ability removed) passing from animal to animal until it then regained it's ability to spread through humans and infected THE WORLD!!!!!!    

• Like 3

Posted

from BBC 

Here are the main developments so far on Friday 13 March

All English elite football is suspended until at least 3 April
Uefa has postponed next week's Champions League and Europe League fixtures
All but "essential travel" to Spain should be avoided, says the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office
The Czech Republic has announced measures to tighten its borders, banning non-essential travel for Czech citizens and residents
Slovakia is closing its borders to all foreigners except those with a residence permit
Seven US states are closing some or all of their schools
Major film releases have also been pushed back and some theatres are closing temporarily

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

As of the current updates, these countries (in order), have a higher density of infections than China (0.006%).
image.png.b471e322f92cc3df54d3f3253961669e.png

Dividing the total deaths (1701) by the total number of cases (42321) for these 10 countries (keep in mind the likely substantial under-reporting) produces a maximum death rate of 4.0%.

Edited by BornFromTheVoid
  • Like 4

Posted
6 minutes ago, Ryukai said:

How's this for a tinfoil hat book plot line.  A totalitarian dictatorship country decides to 'bump' an ex member off via a newly developed bio-weapon.  A virus (that they removed the ability to transmit from human to human) that would make it look like they died from 'the flu', BUT! the person that was infected went to an animal farm and the virus then passed back to the animals (of which the virus hadn't had the transmission ability removed) passing from animal to animal until it then regained it's ability to spread through humans and infected THE WORLD!!!!!!    

Oh my story was Rupert Bear goes on his holidays.

• Like 3

Posted
3 minutes ago, BornFromTheVoid said:

As of the current updates, these countries (in order), have a higher density of infections than China (0.006%).
image.png.b471e322f92cc3df54d3f3253961669e.png

Dividing the total deaths (1701) by the total number of cases (42321) for these three countries (keep in mind the likely substantial under-reporting) produces a maximum death rate of 4.0%.

Slightly feel statistics can prove anything. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Everton have issued a new statement to now say only 1 player is self-isolating for 7 days and not the entire squad as they previously reported

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Average day for me at work is 7 hours no lunch and believe me that's enough for the job I do at Aldi Warehouse, yesterday and today are 11 hours due to the panic buying

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Iceland having a relatively high number of cases for its small population rules out the idea that cold weather limits transmission? For example, Reykjavik is colder than Moscow at the moment.

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, Boro Snow said:

Average day for me at work is 7 hours no lunch and believe me that's enough for the job I do at Aldi Warehouse, yesterday and today are 11 hours due to the panic buying

Absolute madness in the Yarm Road store this morning the car park was full at 10:20

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Just did there order for delivery tomorrow 22 pallets

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
9 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Stock markets in Europe are surging today the FTSE 100 is currently up 7.87%

1021497799_download(1).thumb.png.a2abbb373dabfc24e797bb96321c4b7c.png

I wonder at what point do you think it has gone too low and you start buying again?

Posted
1 minute ago, Boro Snow said:

How many were for loo roll       

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Malta enforcing a 14 day quarantine for all arrivals.

1000 euro fine for ignoring it.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any kind of extremes. But the more snow the better.
25 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

If he carries on with that attitude he will be having fun in a morgue.

To a point I agree Feb, but bare in mind there are alot of elderly with major social problems, there families live miles away, they never see anyone till they venture out. Some of these suffer with depression, especially the ones who have lost there partners recently. Hence my earlier post about visiting betting shops just to get some company! 

Oh and to all the older more mature posters on here who have had it drummed into there heads that if you get this virus, you are done for...... Not necessarily true... My dad's brother is 86....he has dementia.... In the last 12 months, he as broke his hip, had pheomonia, and MRSI... and he's still going! There is hope for all of us, not just the young. 

Edited by Mattwolves
  • Like 6

Posted
3 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Bahrain and Vietnam F1 GP's off the first race will now take place on May 3rd in the Netherlands

Not all that surprising, and I suspect the 3rd May for the Netherlands is also going to be very optimistic as well given how long the lockdown in China lasted and that was under their extreme lockdown.

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, Boro Snow said:

Hope it had some bog roll and flour on

• Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Absolute madness in the Yarm Road store this morning the car park was full at 10:20

Carpark heaving at our local Morrisons.  Didn’t seem particularly crowded inside though. Went in to get a joint and other bits to feed the family who have invited themselves on Sunday.  Already told them they can sit outside and we will pass everything through the window.  The loo is the third bush on the right at the top of the garden.

• Like 2

Posted
12 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

I wonder at what point do you think it has gone too low and you start buying again?

Not for me.  I've just not looked at my numbers for 2 weeks.  My approach is to sit tight rather than try to catch a falling knife.  

• Like 1

Posted

Spain has had its first 1000+ new cases in one day, now upto 4209.

Remember, 7 days ago spain had roughly 400 cases...so its gone up 10x in 7 days! Almost exponential growth every 2 days.

35 new deaths as well today there.

PS- over 5000 deaths world wide, next 5,000 will probably not take too long unfortunately (i'm guessing within 2 weeks).

Edited by kold weather
  • Like 2

Posted
4 hours ago, D.V.R said:

A corona virus sufferer's experience of the symptoms.

WWW.MSN.COM

Elizabeth Schneider caught Covid-19 at a pal's house party despite none of the attendees showing signs of having the virus.

"Most of my friends who got it were in their late 40s to early 50s. I’m in my mid 30s.

"For us it was headache, fever (for first 3 days consistently and then on and off after 3 days), severe body aches and joint pain, and severe fatigue.

"I had a fever that spiked the first night to 103 degrees and eventually came down to 100 and then low grade 99.5.

"Some folks had diarrhea. I felt nauseous one day. Once the fever is gone some were left with nasal congestion, sore throat .

"Only a very few of us had a mild itchy cough. Very few had chest tightness or other respiratory symptoms."

To me personally that doesn't sound very serious but to others it might be detrimental. 

3 hours ago, Snowy L said:

Chilling warning f.f.s! I was expecting hospitalisations and breathing problems. Media really don't help in these situations 

That description seems pretty consistent for how Covid-19 is presenting in nearly all cases, what it is missing is what happens in days 5-7 in some cases.

For the majority, it will be the road for recovery, but for some, they seem to fall off a cliff and develop viral pneumonia and then the prognosis is not that good.  Spanish doctors have tweeted they are at a bit of a loss to explain as to why some go down this route, although age and co-morbidities must play a role.  Italy's fatality demographics (male/female) again seem proportional to their demographics for smoking. 

• Like 3

Posted
10 minutes ago, Mattwolves said:

To a point I agree Feb, but bare in mind there are alot of elderly with major social problems, there families live miles away, they never see anyone till they venture out. Some of these suffer with depression, especially the ones who have lost there partners recently. Hence my earlier post about visiting betting shops just to get some company! 

Oh and to all the older more mature posters on here who have had it drummed into there heads that if you get this virus, you are done for...... Not necessarily true... My dad's brother is 86....he has dementia.... In the last 12 months, he as broke his hip, had pheomonia, and MRSI... and he's still going! There is hope for all of us, not just the young. 

I am sure your comment about older posters is kindly meant but I think a majority of us old f*rts have our heads screwed on firmly and are looking forwards. 

• Like 1

Posted

Managed to get hold of some ethanol this morning. Going to make up a big bottle of homemade hand sanitizer and drop it round to my parents house tomorrow. (They’ve been unable to get hold of any).