Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2020 | Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn
On 27/02/2020 at 16:43, Wynter said:

I could really feel the warmth from the sun this afternoon when it peeked from behind the clouds. It was glorious. 

It really is picking up, thankfully.. even walking past the window in direct sunshine you can 'feel' it.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Are we getting a Netweather Spring forecast this year?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
4 hours ago, CheesepuffScott said:

It really is picking up, thankfully.. even walking past the window in direct sunshine you can 'feel' it.

I wish that was true here but the relentless wind here is somewhat hindering it. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Well spring has been remarkably dry here so far...

• Like 4

Posted

Spring is our most interesting season usually synoptics wise, northerly and easterly airstreams can be very common, especially latter half of the season. I find March though quite a trying month as the season appears in fits and starts never getting into full gear until months end. Its similar to September in this respect which often brings dying ember of summer until month end. I'm expecting a fairly average season ahead rainfall wise, tempwise probably above average but with some cold incursions from the north.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
4 hours ago, prolongedSnowLover said:

In like a Lion out like a Lamb ?

Almost certainly. Already had thunder and lightning during the early hours.

We may come in and out like a lion and behave like a lamb in the middle like 2015.

Posted

So looking like GFS has backed down from showing a settled spell towards mid-month and prolongs the unsettled crapfest to 6 months running now. Remarkable really.

Posted

It seems nice when the sun appears now, compared to a few weeks ago, but it’s still chilly in the shade and under cloud cover. The wintry atmosphere hasn’t left us just yet. 

Posted

when will this weather  let  up just looked  at the gfs for next 2 weeks rain , rain,snow, when will give  over!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

Rubbish temperatures at the moment; about time to see some warmth please. Not interested in some silly jump to below average temperatures as soon as winter is over.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
6 hours ago, Thundershine said:

Rubbish temperatures at the moment; about time to see some warmth please. Not interested in some silly jump to below average temperatures as soon as winter is over.

Temperatures may feel a little rubbish at the moment, but we need to remember that it is only early March after all and the temperatures are around average. You shouldn't expect it to warm up straight away. I do hope that we don't get any below average temperatures though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
13 hours ago, Thundershine said:

Averages here in the south are about 11c for March....which we're forecast to see on a majority of days for the next 2 weeks.

It's usually a bit of a nothing month really, often too late in the season for anything really cold (though there are notable exceptions), and too early for any warmth. I just remind myself that in 6 weeks time (mid April) we have seen temperatures as high as 27c. That'll keep me going!

Posted

I'm definitely switching from Winter mode to looking for some Spring warmth now!

Absolutely sick with this persistent weather pattern that's been much the same since last November.

I don't think I can remember a season where the weather pattern has remained virtually unchanged for such a long period of time and with so many deep low pressure systems charging in from the West on such a strong jet stream!

However, it was nice to see a couple of those rare channel lows recently, just a shame that the upper air was far too warm for snowfall in SE

Posted
19 minutes ago, snowblizzard said:

I don't think I can remember a season where the weather pattern has remained virtually unchanged for such a long period of time and with so many deep low pressure systems charging in from the West on such a strong jet stream!

Winter 2013/14 probably.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 minute ago, Don said:

Winter 2013/14 probably.

Zonal, the word is, and zonal weather becoming more frequent in the modern eerah, especially February

Posted
1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Zonal, the word is, and zonal weather becoming more frequent in the modern eerah, especially February

During a period when the PV naturally winds down.  I hope it will be a while before it actually becomes the norm!

Posted

I think it was the sheer intensity of the PV that drove the weather pattern throughout the Northern hemisphere this winter.

Many area's that would normally be odds-on to see sub-zero temperatures and snow at sometime during the winter were way above average, including parts of NE USA (NYC) and parts of Russia!

Some European countries were snowless for the first time in history!

A depressing thought for future winters. 

Edited by snowblizzard

Posted
8 minutes ago, snowblizzard said:

I think it was the sheer intensity of the PV that drove the weather pattern throughout the Northern hemisphere this winter.

Many area's that would normally be odds-on to see sub-zero temperatures and snow at sometime during the winter were way above average, including parts of NE USA (NYC) and parts of Russia!

A depressing thought for future winters

Yes indeed.  However, even with our warming climate, I would like to think we are not yet at the stage where this winter is the new 'norm'!

Posted
8 hours ago, Don said:

Yes indeed.  However, even with our warming climate, I would like to think we are not yet at the stage where this winter is the new 'norm'!

I hope you are right Don, I simply can't afford to go to Val Thorens every winter for my snow fix! ⛷️

Posted
11 hours ago, snowblizzard said:

A depressing thought for future winters. 

It won’t happen. 2020/21 will see very cold snowy weather reappear. The Baltic states will see very cold daytime temps, and a cold wave will last for several weeks.

Heres hoping

Posted
11 hours ago, Don said:

I agree, a 2010 might not happen again, but another Feb 2018 will definitely happen again. 

Posted
7 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

I agree, a 2010 might not happen again, but another Feb 2018 will definitely happen again. 

Hopefully when it does, it will occur earlier in winter