Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2020 | Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted

The weather here down south is ridiculously cold. Max of 14C today, for most of the morning temps have stayed arouind 9C. Wet as well, albeit much needed rain. Having to go out in coat and gloves! This sort of weather shouldn't be until at least late August

• Like 1

Posted

Today has been a fabulous day. Sunshine and lots of heavy, thundery showers, albeit moving through quite fast.

Not sure how many people will agree with me but I much prefer the variety of this to constant high or low pressure slapped right over us.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

The recent weather has been appalling. Cold. Wet. Windy. 

I've had the heating on everyday. Is it June or November? 

I think the majority would prefer a return to settled, warmer conditions, rather than eternal Autumn. 

Posted

Hail, thunder, lightning, torrential rain. Tempreatures struggling to make it into the double figures. Feels like may and the second half of april was our summer and this is the start of autumn, or even something like this year's winter

Edited by qwertyK
  • Like 1

Posted
59 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

The recent weather has been appalling. Cold. Wet. Windy. 

I've had the heating on everyday. Is it June or November? 

I think the majority would prefer a return to settled, warmer conditions, rather than eternal Autumn. 

Apparently this is nice and warm for those coldies and not uncomfortably hot lol.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

There's been a regional contrast around the country today - there's a zone of dull damp wet overcast weather slipping south, followed by a region of sunshine and thundery showers.  London and Exeter have been under the former today, while Leicester has been under the latter.  It's a good illustration of why I was never a fan of dismissively lumping both weather types together under the heading "unsettled", as for some of us they can give a very different experience.  But yes, from a local Exeter point of view I would agree more with the "autumnal/appalling" descriptions.

Edited by Thundery wintry showers
  • Like 2

Posted
37 minutes ago, qwertyK said:

Hail, thunder, lightning, torrential rain. Tempreatures struggling to make it into the double figures. Feels like may and the second half of april was our summer and this is the start of autumn, or even something like this year's winter

This feels very like 1987. I remember wet days with thunder during that summer, and it was cold at times. Just heard some thunder now and saw lightning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
2 hours ago, Josh Rubio said:

Today has been a fabulous day. Sunshine and lots of heavy, thundery showers, albeit moving through quite fast.

Not sure how many people will agree with me but I much prefer the variety of this to constant high or low pressure slapped right over us.

I agree with you 100%. I am neither a lover or a hater of any particular weather. Only thing I don't like is when the same weather drags on and on for weeks on end. At the moment though, the weather is perfect as there's a bit of everything. And as a gardener the rain is very welcome. 
And whilst temps may be below average at the moment, it still isn't exactly cold is it?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

No funder here still, missed it all.

Posted

Secretly enjoying this weather whilst it lasts. Feels moer like autumn or a mild winter day like the ones we had earlier this year. Much needed rain. 

• Like 1

Posted
On 06/06/2020 at 14:11, qwertyK said:

The weather here down south is ridiculously cold. Max of 14C today, for most of the morning temps have stayed arouind 9C. Wet as well, albeit much needed rain. Having to go out in coat and gloves! This sort of weather shouldn't be until at least late August

Late September or early October.

Posted
On 06/06/2020 at 18:35, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

I agree with you 100%. I am neither a lover or a hater of any particular weather. Only thing I don't like is when the same weather drags on and on for weeks on end. At the moment though, the weather is perfect as there's a bit of everything. And as a gardener the rain is very welcome. 
And whilst temps may be below average at the moment, it still isn't exactly cold is it?

Yes it cold. 14-16c in June for London is awful.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
19 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

Late September or early October.

Average max doesn't reach 14c in London until late October.

Posted
3 minutes ago, B87 said:

Average max doesn't reach 14c in London until late October.

Was going to say, though where I am not too far from London we had days in early September where the tempreature failed to go above 14C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Loving this refreshing weather. Could do with a good bit of rain though. We have only been having a few small drops here and there over here. Still, it's fairly windy at times so at least we do have some weather at the moment.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 1

Posted
Just now, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

Loving this refreshing weather. Could do with a good bit of rain though. We have only been having a few small drops here and there over here.

We had an awful lot yesterday, was non-stop

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
5 minutes ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

Loving this refreshing weather. Could do with a good bit of rain though. We have only been having a few small drops here and there over here. Still, it's fairly windy at times so at least we do have some weather at the moment.

Must admit this change is very very welcome, getting a good spell of rain, much fresher and a heck more comfortable. It won't last though next week is looking more settled to a extent, it is Summer after all i suppose!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

So we're all posting in here now because of the current weather?! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
1 hour ago, qwertyK said:

Was going to say, though where I am not too far from London we had days in early September where the tempreature failed to go above 14C. 

Apparently the coldest high on record in September in London was 10.0c, on 27th September 1993.

It's uncommon to see highs below 15c in September though.

Edited by B87

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
2 hours ago, Zak M said:

So we're all posting in here now because of the current weather?! 

If it stayed like yesterday was here the autumn thread would've been opening soon. 

• Like 1

Posted

Cloudy and cold here with rain all day in brisk north easterly. It only reached 10.1c so I guess we are now paying for all the recent nice weather!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
1 hour ago, marky810 said:

Cloudy and cold here with rain all day in brisk north easterly. It only reached 10.1c so I guess we are now paying for all the recent nice weather!

cracking day here lots of sunshine 25c..makes up for the cold wet weekend