Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2020 | Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
1 hour ago, qwertyK said:

Quick search I Google suggests it's 15C . 12C seems very low considering average for where I am in April, about 20 miles east of London, is 13C. 12C is the high for march in London 

15c is for the month as a whole, or mid-April. 13c is the average in the first few days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).
8 hours ago, reef said:

I wouldn't exactly call it horrible. Bright spells, a temp of 11C and dry. Pretty standard for the first week in April really. If we reach 20C on Sunday it would be 8C above average at this point in the month.

Bearing in mind I was talking about the weather conditions when I went out at about 1PM, which was 8 degrees with drizzle. It did reach 11 degrees here later, with a few sunny periods.

Posted

How about this link then for Heathrow?

uk_climate_historic_station_data.jpg
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

To see a time series of monthly data, select a location from the list below, or use the map:

• Thanks 1

Posted

At this time of contemplation it's perhaps time for a quick revision of words and expressions that should be, for the benefit of all,  placed in the swear filter Sine Die. Obvious recent examples are easterly;, northerly; upgrade; downgrade or any other sort of grade; and expressions such as 'just for fun', and 'obviously this will not verify', which are invariable followed by a load of drivel.

Further examples most welcome.

• Like 3

Posted

Beautiful weekend warmth here - burgers sold out in Tesco so you know it has to be a hot one. Overcast and 11 degrees approaching 3PM, with a keen wind - who could ask for better.

Edited by Thundershine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

17°C with beautiful blue skies in London. Warm enough to be in a t shirt. ☀️

Posted

Well thankfully I managed to find burgers in M&S, so posh burgers it is and I am having 3 to keep me warm indoors while the heating gets fired up

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
1 hour ago, Allseasons-si said:

UKMO/GFS pretty splendid

at 144

UN144-21.thumb.gif.b4a3598606af31db29568ce2a373034c.gifgfsnh-0-144.thumb.png.7303b94a184b2930307bb435d782b7c0.png

get out in your garden and soak some of that vitamin D up☀️...

...................................................STAY AT HOME AND STAY SAFE.

Rub it in some of us have no garden and live in apartments, I'm lucky if the sun gets to my balcony for 2 hours in the morning. But it's fine by me as I can go for a run down the thames although looking at videos of the Prom today theres still far too many people out and about there! Models looking great for vitamin D though as you say.

I'm getting most of that at work as I work outside ?

Edited by Kentspur
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

It’s pretty torturous - a week of sunshine and temps in the high teens/low 20s is exceptional for early April....and no one can fully enjoy it! Such a shame. Stay safe everyone.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
12 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

It’s pretty torturous - a week of sunshine and temps in the high teens/low 20s is exceptional for early April....and no one can fully enjoy it! Such a shame. Stay safe everyone.

You can step outside as the virus isn't absolutely everywhere - nothing stopping people sitting in the garden if they have one. Boosting Vitamin D3 for your immunity can only be a good thing.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
12 hours ago, Frost HoIIow said:

You can step outside as the virus isn't absolutely everywhere - nothing stopping people sitting in the garden if they have one. Boosting Vitamin D3 for your immunity can only be a good thing.

That’s the big ‘if’ word though. Myself and plenty of others who live In a flat don’t have a garden to sit and enjoy the sun. I’m going to just get the bike out and do 20-30 miles instead, but I envy those with gardens at this time.

• Like 2

Posted

The weather's not that good here anyway, mild, but overcast with a stubborn sheet of very thick altocumulus that won't move.

Nice outlook for those who want to flout the lockdown rules, we should all be praying for a wet 6 months ahead to put people off crowding parks and beauty spots spreading the virus, its time to think of others esp the vulnerable instead of IYBY.

I'll be staying in all week to help the NHS.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

First 20c of the spring today here. April will on average see 3 days above 20c, but this month looks like there are at least 5-6 in the forecast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

21°C widely across London now, perhaps 22°C in a few spots. Glorious weather, feels more like late May! ☀️

• Thanks 1

Posted

Lovely weather, but nothing unusual for early April in London and the south east.

Make the best of it, because you never know what late April or May will bring, or if a full lockdown is still coming!

Me and the other half, went for a 2 hour walk from our flat in Ealing to Kew bridge, via Gunnerbury Park, in both directions. That’s probably 7-8 miles overall.

No sitting down though, we just kept away from people as they approached. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

First 20C day of the year here, high of 21.0C in Leeds.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Finally got above Freezing here yesterday..blue sky wall to wall sunshine today ..might get 5c today..spring at last well at least until Saturday when we go back into the minus day time highs again...boo

Posted

First 20C of the year for us here also with a max of 20.3C.

Its actually very early in the year for this to occur for us. Since 1980 its the 4th earliest date behind 1990, 2011 and 2012.

Including today it has only happened 8 times in 40 years before 17th April.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Can anybody just confirm if rained over the weekend. We’re currently forecast nothing to the 17th here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety
On 04/04/2020 at 19:29, mb018538 said:

You are allowed to go out for exercise. I cycled a couple of five mile laps around a route near me earlier this evening on (very) quiet country lanes (for anyone who lives near Horsham, Westons farm -> Barns Green -> Bax Castle pub -> Christs Hospital). Near perfect conditions for it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety

Looks like the summer-like weather will last into the first half of the Easter bank holiday, then a significant cool down from Monday back to near average temperatures. Still no sign of rain in my area, fortunately I haven't got any transplanted seedlings on my allotment that need watering (yet).

Posted
5 hours ago, reef said:

First 20C of the year for us here also with a max of 20.3C.

Its actually very early in the year for this to occur for us. Since 1980 its the 4th earliest date behind 1990, 2011 and 2012.

Including today it has only happened 8 times in 40 years before 17th April.

That means going by what we see above, there’s a 50/50 chance of a good summer or very poor one. 80, 11, and 12 were all dire summers, while 1990 was a glorious one. 

I’m sure 2003 and 2017 reached 20c before the 10th April, no? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
31 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

That means going by what we see above, there’s a 50/50 chance of a good summer or very poor one. 80, 11, and 12 were all dire summers, while 1990 was a glorious one. 

I’m sure 2003 and 2017 reached 20c before the 10th April, no? 

1980 wasn't a dire summer..its was one of those cool dry summers