Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2020 | Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any storms
9 minutes ago, Wynter said:

Noticed that the Spring thread is a bit late this year. Who's ready for it?

Had enough of this dreary Winter now. BRING ON THE WARMTH! 

Doesn’t really matter about the warmth 

JUST STOP RAINING ? 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

Accuweather are forecasting a warm spring for the UK. That means it'll be a repeat of 2013.

I'd like a repeat of March 2012, April 2011, May 1989.

Posted

I am not looking for cold now , I want dry sunny and pleasant temps , so sick to the back teeth of this current set up

Unfortunatly it looks like turning colder , which means the rain and wind will be colder  urghhhhhhh 

I have a feeling March will be colder than Jan and Feb ,  because the weather likes to take the Michael

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, IanR said:

I have a feeling March will be colder than Jan and Feb ,  because the weather likes to take the Michael

If it is on a par with January and February, it won't be far off the recent March average.

Posted
5 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Not surprising with the ongoing record breaking PV.  Not good at all, especially for the flood hit areas.

• Like 1

Posted

Looking like a cold Spring may be on the cards (but will that lead to a cool Summer?).

I'm sorely tempted to move to the south of France, or Spain, or Italy ......... etc. Anywhere that manages a 'proper' Summer. Sadly I would first need to win the Lottery.

The UK is depressing in so many ways these days and the weather is the icing on the turd cake.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

Any sign of the Netweather  Spring Forecast?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - cold, summer - not hot

I dislike hot weather and although some way off I'm dreading the onset of summer, but that being said I can't wait for Spring and some change to this endless Atlantic-driven setup. A few days of calm, settled weather is what we need now.

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Mr TOAD said:

I dislike hot weather and although some way off I'm dreading the onset of summer, but that being said I can't wait for Spring and some change to this endless Atlantic-driven setup. A few days of calm, settled weather is what we need now.

I'd settle for a few months ......

• Like 1

Posted

Just a dry, calm day please. I believe we've had 2-3 since the end of September!

You know it's been bad when back in Jan I had 2 calm, bright days in a row where it reached the dizzy heights of 8 degrees (which to me isn't remotely warm) but it felt glorious.

I'm predicting a garbage spring though - the last 2 haven't been particularly great - 2018 suddenly flipped to summer and skipped spring all together and I don't remember too much nice spring weather last year apart from the April bank holiday.

• Like 2

Posted

The last occasion what I would call a chilly/cool spring following a very mild winter was in 1975

2008 was not a cool spring overall. March and April 2008 had their chilly moments but overall they were not particularly cold and May 2008 was one of the warmest Mays on record.

I don't think it is going to a cold spring, we might get one of the spring months below average but overall I don't think spring will be below average.

Posted
On 22/02/2020 at 15:23, Earthshine said:

Abysmal weather.  Can't wait for some calm and sunny weather.  The wind seems to have been relentless the last couple of weeks.

Thats one thing that will be easing with the jet diving further south lows will head further south more like autumn meaning more snow with colder air around here or more rain south of a line further south.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cool & dry, with regular cold, snowy periods.

To be honest, as a cyclist, temperatures don't bother me too much, however, I would just like some nice dry and still weather. Seemingly endless months of wind and rain have taken it's toll on my mileage.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
10 hours ago, Azazel said:

Just a dry, calm day please. I believe we've had 2-3 since the end of September!

You know it's been bad when back in Jan I had 2 calm, bright days in a row where it reached the dizzy heights of 8 degrees (which to me isn't remotely warm) but it felt glorious.

I'm predicting a garbage spring though - the last 2 haven't been particularly great - 2018 suddenly flipped to summer and skipped spring all together and I don't remember too much nice spring weather last year apart from the April bank holiday.

i came back to the UK from 16th Jan - 26th January it only rained once which was the first day..was dry and calm for the remainder of those days

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

87401705_10163886531575377_1762636225883144192_n.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Mother Nature sure loves to troll us. I know from past experiences that we will most likely get the best wintry weather during the Spring when it is too late to properly enjoy it. Also, by the time March is here, the majority of us are hunting for warm calm sunny days by that point. But as usual, according to the charts the jet decides to move south as we head into March. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
On 24/02/2020 at 18:38, cheeky_monkey said:

i came back to the UK from 16th Jan - 26th January it only rained once which was the first day..was dry and calm for the remainder of those days

You timed your visit very well. Indeed that was the lengthiest dry spell of the ‘winter’. Even managed some frost! #shockhorror

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
33 minutes ago, MP-R said:

You timed your visit very well. Indeed that was the lengthiest dry spell of the ‘winter’. Even managed some frost! #shockhorror

i spent a lovely day on the beach at Saunton Sands north Devon..to think i had left -40c behind in Canada..was a blessed relief...there is something about a beach back home that you cant find anywhere else.