Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Dennis Atlantic Storm 4

pip22

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Can certainly see why the Amber warnings are out for rain looking at the UKV, Will be interesting if the wind warnings get updated over the next 48hr..

963489733_viewimage-2020-02-13T115522_213.thumb.png.e3d696e521c36a804dfd403a72080c63.png942843675_viewimage-2020-02-13T115548_018.thumb.png.2e32145cb65d887825b9b6960cc81da0.png

• Like 1

Posted

That storm the other day did way more damage to trees that I expected the downbursts of those severe squalls,I was in the house each time that was annoying didn`t feel see the full force of it all.

Overall when I was out in the morning it wasn`t that bad,early morning then midday it came in,most damage since 2007.

I`m not expecting much from this unless any more squalls come in maybe.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...
57 minutes ago, Polar Maritime said:

Can certainly see why the Amber warnings are out for rain looking at the UKV, Will be interesting if the wind warnings get updated over the next 48hr..

963489733_viewimage-2020-02-13T115522_213.thumb.png.e3d696e521c36a804dfd403a72080c63.png942843675_viewimage-2020-02-13T115548_018.thumb.png.2e32145cb65d887825b9b6960cc81da0.png

Thats got big River Severn Flooding written all over it... in Shrewsbury the level has only just dropped below flood stage today... Everywhere locally is saturated. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.
3 minutes ago, Snowyowl9 said:

That storm the other day did way more damage to trees that I expected the downbursts of those severe squalls,I was in the house each time that was annoying didn`t feel see the full force of it all.

Overall when I was out in the morning it wasn`t that bad,early morning then midday it came in,most damage since 2007.

I`m not expecting much from this unless any more squalls come in maybe.

I don't think it was anywhere near as bad as 2007 as that storm had much of the country experiencing 60-70mph gusts whereas this one only had the usual 40-50mph gusts, at least here at Brongest anyway.

I think the intense bursts of rain was more noticeable in this recent storm then the wind.

• Like 1

Posted

Dennis hasn't even formed yet, It's just the low that's going to give us some rain for parts tomorrow.

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 2

Posted
3 hours ago, wimblettben said:

I don't think it was anywhere near as bad as 2007 as that storm had much of the country experiencing 60-70mph gusts whereas this one only had the usual 40-50mph gusts, at least here at Brongest anyway.

I think the intense bursts of rain was more noticeable in this recent storm then the wind.

Maybe the winds were local, but I'm 70 miles inland and we recorded several gusts in excess of 60mph. Last time we had winds so strong was Valentines 2014. The rain wasn't a masdive feature  but I think will be more noticeable this weekend

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Here's a comparison of the 06Z and 12Z GFS up until midnight on Sunday:

06z.thumb.jpg.ea82bd07eb3d66b6648c468cbc0b4892.jpg 12z.thumb.jpg.384bc24c7aab3858f6414eaf97adcc46.jpg

Here's the NetWx MR totals, midday Saturday to midday Sunday and midday Sunday to midday Monday:

viewimage.thumb.png.53aa14466456a4e676f6e79619043a68.png  1531893335_viewimage(1).thumb.png.43270307496042b44a34a5edc6ff8c84.png

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Quite an upgrade on tonights GFS for the wind. Local forecasts having none of it showing nothing of note.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Convective Weather and Snow

Conspiracy time... Storm Ciara's winds were a bit overrated but the rain was underrated, so maybe Storm Dennis' rain will be overrated and the wind underrated...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Convective Weather and Snow

Interesting that the latest GFS develops a low pressure with it's own closed circulation across Scotland on Sunday rather than further south, out in the Atlantic or not at all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: all weather

Not sure if this is Dennis or not but defo looks like a menace with those wind speeds. Can see why such a big swell is forecast 

3AC2C154-C4AE-4597-984A-92AD393B2D49.png

• Like 1

Posted
42 minutes ago, MetWeather said:

This time the BBC and Met office are in almost perfect agreement!

BBC website still forecasting 93 mph gusts for Freshwater and 70 mph gusts for Southampton though. Other locations nearby a more sensible 50-60 mph gusts. Their 'app'  has been broken since at least Ciara - anyone know how to tell them so they'll actually take notice?

Edited by DaveL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.
1 hour ago, Thunder Snow said:

12z not looking good for Cumbria Yorkshire and wales 

Good or bad? Am working at LUFC on Saturday....

Posted
5 hours ago, wimblettben said:

No it was nowhere near as severe as that storm force wind back in 2007,although that didn`t give any severe squalls and the jetstream at 267mph was the record for planes coming in,so those squalls and downbursts are actually much more dangerous and unpredictable last sunday,causing more damage that we first thought especially on hills anyway.

There were certainly storm force winds in wales sunday further west on hills.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic Storms, Thunder & Lightning, Snow.
seviri_nat_airmass_20200213_0830.jpg
WWW.SEVERE-WEATHER.EU

-spread the word- Here is a short morning update on the very dynamic pattern over the North Atlantic today; we have a decaying deep cyclone, passing over the UK and Ireland while an explosive...

• Like 2