Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Will 2020 be the warmest on record?

qwertyK

Posted

Perhaps this actually isn't very noteworthy. January 2020 was hotter than January 2016, by 0.03C. When I say not noteworthy, I mean that 2014 was the hottest year on record until 2015, then 2015 was the hottest on record then 2016.

Just seems to me if  global record is broken in 2020 january, as they were in 2016, then maybe this is a sign of things to come. maybe i'm too simplistic - can anyone else explain?

I saw someone earleir saying that the coronavirus could have an affect on global temps. I've often thought about this, I'm not entirely sure how temps would be effected, maybe not this year but a year or two down the line, but certainly emissions may be slightly to significantly lower , at least for china, maybe globally. 

It's interesting because 2019 and 2018 (mainly the latter) were very hot for the uk, eg, later february 2019 and of course the summer weather, were record breaking in the uk but as a whole, world was not as warm as  say in 2016 and 2015. in 2016, uk was (cooler?) or average, no noticeable weather apart from a mild january, similar to the one now (not sure how they stack up, this was sixth warmest), apart from 2015 with a very mild december.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

I think we are about to get a 'glimpse' of where our temps are supposed be be sat at as 'Global Dimming' drops away as Coronavirus drops off air/shipping/industry outputs from China/India/America......

If 9/11 showed us weird shiite about temps over N.Y. then size that up......

Posted
Just now, Gray-Wolf said:

I think we are about to get a 'glimpse' of where our temps are supposed be be sat at as 'Global Dimming' drops away as Coronavirus drops off air/shipping/industry outputs from China/India/America......

If 9/11 showed us weird shiite about temps over N.Y. then size that up......

Will it reallly affect global temps though ? I mean, theoretically it could in the long term, have a minor maybe neglible impact but this year

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Sulphates may take years to drop out but particulates do so on the first rainfall?

Seeing as we have data looking at micro particulates have on the 'brightening' of cloud tops (and so their albedo?) we may see a sudden 'lurch' in the energy hitting the ground (not being bounced back to space via the 'bright' cloud tops?) if we lose the uber levels of pollution over the likes of China?

Remember 9/11's impacts were 'instant'?