Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Storm Ciara - Atlantic storm 3

4 minutes ago, Onding said:

Must be a sheltered station. That's at odds with the general picture around our region which has widespread gusts over 50mph. A look out of the window here at 100m ASL and not particularly sheltered or exposed confirms gusts exceeding 50mph purely by observation.

The rain has been quite showery in nature so far with no sustained heaviness like those areas further north. I suspect our position in relation to the Peak District and the SW/SSW winds have sheltered us a little from the heaviest rain. Still wet of course.

More to come though - we'll see what the squalls bring later ?

Against that hardly any damage to the trees wheelie bins not launched. Okay my wheel Barrow has fallen over. The sound though doesn't really match anything much larger. I'm waiting for the swing to more SW direction.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A surfer missing in Sussex has been found alive. Great. Now they can send the moron a bill for the callout for his stupidity.  

You wont be lurking much longer if you are up on a roof tommorow 

Even doors are getting windy ?  

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Rapodo said:

Would need to increaes alot to be anything really noteworthy, its actually dropped off since I walked the dog at 7am this morning. See what happens even the rain that met office forecast is not here. Personally I dont think it's going to be all the note worthy now. 

The south coast won't be affected until the afternoon. Give it a chance before moaning about a let down! ?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Stabilo19 said:

The south coast won't be affected until the afternoon. Give it a chance before moaning about a let down! ?

Agree. At the moment its building and you can see that compared to a couple of hours ago. It's looking at a tree on a roundabout and it's getting the battering of it's long life at the moment!

7 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Against that hardly any damage to the trees wheelie bins not launched. Okay my wheel Barrow has fallen over. The sound though doesn't really match anything much larger. I'm waiting for the swing to more SW direction.

That's later today isn't it?

My road is almost dead on S-N so perhaps increasing the speeds up the road. Either way it is a stormy day and I'm intrigued to see what the squalls can do.

• Like 1

To be fair to Rapodo, the BBC forecasts are poor. They show 80mph gusts for here right now. It's just over half of that. The Met Office show 50mph.

Edited by Mapantz
3 minutes ago, booferking said:

If your have trouble spelling or pronouncing Ciara then you have no chance with my daughter's names aoibheann & Aoife.??

Ah come on that's simples they are Oldbean & ALFIE, there not so hard is it?

• Like 7
6 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

To be fair to Rapodo, the BBC forecasts are poor. They show 80mph gusts for here right now. It's just over half of that. The Met Office show 50mph.

BBC forecasts are bought from the lowest bidders now.

• Like 1