Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Ciara - Atlantic storm 3

Summer Sun

Posted
12 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Warnings are issued for reasons, ignoring, well what can you say really. Don't know about your shoreline but ours can be dangerous in these situations, so rather than being a hero, I'll watch the webcams...

Yes I agree. But those who are stupid and get into trouble are good lessons for everyone else. We live in cotton wool times. Just hope people judge the risks as others might be placed in difficulty trying to help them.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
5 minutes ago, Freeze said:

I’m not going to be a fool just pop to the beach to experience it for say 10 mins, well away from the water obviously, away from possible falling objects, I’m a fan of severe gales 

DON'T! I don't want to see your story on the news tomorrow morning. Stay put, PLEASE!

The emergency services might have more to deal with...

Edited by Spikecollie
  • Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, fujita5 said:

Me and a few friends are taking a wander to the local leisure centre field for a kickabout. We've always done it in strong winds. We played during the Burns Day storm too. No trees nearby and just open fields around us so not putting ourselves in danger.

And we're playing quite early in the morning so before the strongest winds.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather what else!

Wow, you would think the end of the world is approaching the way some people are reacting on here.

I cycled to to the top of the cliffs just past the boating pool in Blackpool, during the Christmas Eve 97 Storm and it was an experience I will never forget! 

It's better to experience these things that life has to offer, Even if it involves taking some risks.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

Blowing an absolute hoolie here in East Lothian already, from the little feisty low ahead of Storm Ciara. https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar 

feb08radar17.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

30mph gusts here right now Swansea. Wouldnt be suprised to see 80mph reached at Mumbles Head tomorrow.

Edited by Marcus_surfer

Posted

Highest gust at the moment at 69mph at Capel Curig. Still some disagreements from the models with regards to how high we go in terms of gusts, some don't look that severe (generally 50-60mph gusts) but there are also some still going well into the 70s fairly widely. Be interesting to see where it ends up sitting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
7 minutes ago, Christchurch storm nut said:

Wow, you would think the end of the world is approaching the way some people are reacting on here.

I cycled to to the top of the cliffs just past the boating pool in Blackpool, during the Christmas Eve 97 Storm and it was an experience I will never forget! 

It's better to experience these things that life has to offer, Even if it involves taking some risks.

I agree, I understand the safety side of things of course and  appreciate everyones care, but a webcam footage of the seafront just doesn’t do a windstorm justice with me, I enjoy the thrill but without being stupid about it, the seafront is only a minutes walk from my house

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Just a gentle breeze here was light half n hour ago. However generally SSW winds aren't to bad for us. Needs a more westerly element.

Posted

The bbc suggesting hours of 80mph winds for Southampton, is this an error or they know something we dont 

Screenshot_20200208-175703_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Dbarb
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Me see's some potential Darwin awards coming up....

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, fujita5 said:

Me and a few friends are taking a wander to the local leisure centre field for a kickabout. We've always done it in strong winds. We played during the Burns Day storm too. No trees nearby and just open fields around us so not putting ourselves in danger.

Stay safe and watch your ball(s). I've just had a run and a ball game with my dog. Windy (often is here) but nothing extraodrinary. Stay safe...

Posted
8 minutes ago, Freeze said:

I agree, I understand the safety side of things of course and  appreciate everyones care, but a webcam footage of the seafront just doesn’t do a windstorm justice with me, I enjoy the thrill but without being stupid about it, the seafront is only a minutes walk from my house

Personally I like the noise, not that of the wind blowing around you and objects banging about, but the deep bass, continuous, almost screaming, roaring howl coming from the atmosphere high above you.  Always gives me goosebumps

Edited by Ryukai
  • Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Christchurch storm nut said:

Your post reminded me of a Peter cook, Rowan Atkinson sketch about the end of the world, where the burning question was ' Will the wind be so mighty as to lay low the mountains of the earth?' Hilariously funny sketch.

I've a trip planned to N Wales tomorrow, but it all hinges on what the conditions are like then, decided to leave travelling until the afternoon after we've assessed the risks.

• Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, Ryukai said:

Personally I like the noise, not that of the wind blowing around you and objects banging about, but the deep bass, continuous, almost screaming, roaring howl coming from the atmosphere high above you.  Always gives me goosebumps

Not quite so nice when you are alone and the power goes out! I love the noise when I have OH to cuddle up to. I have my dog but he tends to snore through it!

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

Not quite so nice when you are alone and the power goes out! I love the noise when I have OH to cuddle up to. I have my dog but he tends to snore through it!

My dog hates the wind howling, so I'm fully expecting him to be jumping onto my face later tonight in a scared state (even 30-40mph will do it as my bed window faces south.

• Like 1

Posted
31 minutes ago, Freeze said:

Yes can agree but please don’t expect anyone come to your rescue if you get it wrong. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Another amber warning. This time it's in Scotland for rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather
10 minutes ago, chionomaniac said:

I am thinking of going on the rides at the end of Brighton pier tomorrow afternoon..........

Goodness me! We're going to have trees and roof tiles that are going to be flown away tomorrow, and now you?? 

Edited by Zak M
  • Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, chionomaniac said:

I am thinking of going on the rides at the end of Brighton pier tomorrow afternoon..........

Where you get off it, is anyones guess. LOL

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny
7 minutes ago, chionomaniac said:

Great idea! D’you mind if I join you? Should be in time for early supper with friends in north east Scotland

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Flood warning coastal parts of Inverclyde! I believe this is the first flood WARNING in my area since Hurricane Bawbag AFDF6ADF-49FA-44EB-89D4-DB61246BF42E.thumb.png.4a44a8f3ac648168fef323af273f3acf.png

• Like 1