Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Major Volcanic activity - worldwide effects

damianslaw

Posted

Excuse me if there is already a thread on volcanic activity, but I can't find one, but if so please delete and move to relevant thread..

Noting the current volcanic activity in the Phillipines.. its been a while since there was a major volcanic eruption that had lasting effects on the earth's climate. There is a strong correlation between such events and cooling effects on the world climate. 1991 was the last major one I think - category 6 and this had a cooling effect. Indeed looking at one source, won't name, the last major one was way back in 1997.. 

1980 and 1982 brought two major ones.

1912 brought largest one of the 20th century, did we not have a very poor summer that year?

Will be interesting to note what effect any future significant eruption might bring.. could it moderate climate change effects albeit temporarily.. we shall see.

Posted
8 hours ago, damianslaw said:

Excuse me if there is already a thread on volcanic activity, but I can't find one, but if so please delete and move to relevant thread..

Noting the current volcanic activity in the Phillipines.. its been a while since there was a major volcanic eruption that had lasting effects on the earth's climate. There is a strong correlation between such events and cooling effects on the world climate. 1991 was the last major one I think - category 6 and this had a cooling effect. Indeed looking at one source, won't name, the last major one was way back in 1997.. 

1980 and 1982 brought two major ones.

1912 brought largest one of the 20th century, did we not have a very poor summer that year?

Will be interesting to note what effect any future significant eruption might bring.. could it moderate climate change effects albeit temporarily.. we shall see.

Also interesting is the link between seismic activity and solar minima, there are probably much more scientific papers out there but below is a start

WWW.ARMSTRONGECONOMICS.COM

QUESTION: I live in Indonesia. I am amazed that the entire world is not known on your door. I understand that your model puts everything together and provides a whole new perspective. Your warning...