Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
Just now, Summer Sun said:

Italy have gone from 3 cases to 1,128 cases and 29 dead in 9 days 

One wonders what exactly happened in those badly effected areas. There were some suggestions that one hospital in particular failed to follow guidelines .

Guest Delete Me
12 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Italy have gone from 3 cases to 1,128 cases and 29 dead in 9 days 

Caught them by total surprise, a lack of preparedness by the Italian government went hand in hand with people not taking it seriously.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

100 cases now in France...

Posted
13 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

If I was Mexico I'd be sending my own troops to the border to stop potential future panicking Americans from trying to illegally cross the borders to 'escape' the virus

On a more serious note though, I'm wondering if Turkey is doing the whole -'We're not dealing with refugees from a Civil war (we are helping to instigate) so were just gonna dump them for EU to deal with'- is more of a preventive/precaution on their part for not wanting to deal with potential refugee camps full of coronavirus carriers/infected/deaths as those are gonna turn into a mass viral breeding ground if it gets into one (if it hasn't already).

Edited by Ryukai
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
7 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Should be the other way around, as I don't think mexico has the virus yet, the US does. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and stormy.
On 07/02/2020 at 20:30, Bristle boy said:

Not just the Chinese numbers that remain puzzling. Just a handful of known cases outside China. It has been around since mid December and the huge amount of global travel, global spread of Chinese travelling, at colleges, etc, who have been home, and then back to other countries over last 6-8 weeks. Yes, it has a long incubation period, but one would've expected a huge spike by now, outside of China.

The above will not go away.......

President Donald Trump will hold a press conference at the White House to discuss the outbreak of coronavirus. It follows the news that one person with coronavirus has died in Washington state, making it the first U.S. death from the new virus.

https://bnonews.com/index.php/2020/02/president-trump-holds-press-conference-on-coronavirus/

Edited by Flipflop

Posted
25 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

Caught them by total surprise, a lack of preparedness by the Italian government went hand in hand with people not taking it seriously.

Hang on a minute, we're talking about clusters of small rural communities with a substantial elderly population. The people I work with around here with a very similar demographic profile aren't deliberately "not taking it seriously". They just get on with their lives as they always have. That's what rural life is like. Some are very aware, some not at all.

You seem to have a very superior air with regard to how countries other than the UK are coping with this. Let's see...

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and stormy.

Thats better.

President Donald Trump will hold a press conference at the White House to discuss the outbreak of coronavirus. It follows the news that one person with coronavirus has died in Washington state, making it the first U.S. death from the new virus.

https://bnonews.com/index.php/2020/02/president-trump-holds-press-conference-on-coronavirus/

Posted
2 minutes ago, Flipflop said:

Thats better.

Starting in 2 mins

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Ryukai said:

If I was Mexico I'd be sending my own troops to the border to stop potential future panicking Americans from trying to illegally cross the borders to 'escape' the virus

On a more serious note though, I'm wondering if Turkey is doing the whole -'We're not dealing with refugees from a Civil war (we are helping to instigate) so were just gonna dump them for EU to deal with'- is more of a preventive/precaution on their part for not wanting to deal with potential refugee camps full of coronavirus carriers/infected/deaths as those are gonna turn into a mass viral breeding ground if it gets into one (if it hasn't already).

Remember those poor people are victims of our failures. Turkey is a relatively poor country and yes, they probably are panicking and want to get rid rather than have to treat the refugees. Let them in, I say and we (Europe) should share the cost of looking after them. Sorry, we have created the problem and we need to solve it. This is the way the world is going to have to go if there is any hope of survival.

• Like 2

Posted
21 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

100 cases now in France...

Can’t seem to find what parts of France the new cases are  from . Is our bubble intact or has it burst ! 

Edited by nick sussex

Posted
Just now, nick sussex said:

Can’t seem to find what parts of France they’re from . Is our bubble intact or has it burst ! 

58721ab5ad9191a21998cbedc6bf1.jpeg
WWW.BFMTV.COM

A l'issue d'un Conseil de défense et d'un Conseil des ministres exceptionnels, le ministre de la Santé a annoncé que 73 cas de contamination étaient désormais recensés en France. Un bilan qui s'est...

Oise seems worst affected but one item mentioned Gironde.

Hopefully our bubbles are intact for now, but I'm starting to get a but twitchy...

3 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

Hang on a minute, we're talking about clusters of small rural communities with a substantial elderly population. The people I work with around here with a very similar demographic profile aren't deliberately "not taking it seriously". They just get on with their lives as they always have. That's what rural life is like. Some are very aware, some not at all.

You seem to have a very superior air with regard to how countries other than the UK are coping with this. Let's see...

I agree. I think most countries are doing as much as they feel necessary. Whether countries are doing enough is open to debate, but its a difficult line to draw. Most countries just dont have the resources etc to shut down and secure an entire region, let alone the whole country. And what about testing? You cant test everyone for this virus, as there just isnt the time or resources. The best they can do is unfortunately wait until people come forward. So many variables across so many platforms, it just is what it is. So many people complain about how governments react (some are obviously justified) but generally those people cannot offer any viable alternatives.

Its a bit like snow ploughs in winter. UK wise, if millions of tax payers money was to be spent on snow clearing equipment, people would complain its a waste of money. But when that once in a blue moon snow event happens, people are complaining left right and centre about how poor the resources are. You just cant win lol.

This whole thing is really down to each individual. If you are genuinely concerned for your safety, then dont go out. If you arent, then just live your life as normal, taking any precautions you feel are needed. People are sooo quick to expect the government to tell them how to live their lives, and can never make decisions for themselves. Obviously government advice is helpful and gets people thinking, but people shouldn't just expect the governments to deal with it all for them, and not do anything about it themselves.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Spikecollie said:
58721ab5ad9191a21998cbedc6bf1.jpeg
WWW.BFMTV.COM

A l'issue d'un Conseil de défense et d'un Conseil des ministres exceptionnels, le ministre de la Santé a annoncé que 73 cas de contamination étaient désormais recensés en France. Un bilan qui s'est...

Oise seems worst affected but one item mentioned Gironde.

Hopefully our bubbles are intact for now, but I'm starting to get a but twitchy...

I think your bubble has a better chance of holding out for longer .

Here with Tarbes, Lourdes and Pau I fear my bubble is going to burst soon ! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Anyone know why the 'east/west' train line has been closed at Rochdale due to a health incident?

Trying to get Daughter in Law home to Leeds....

Posted
Just now, nick sussex said:

I think your bubble has a better chance of holding out for longer .

Here with Tarbes, Lourdes and Pau I fear my bubble is going to burst soon ! 

I'm not scared of the virus, Nick, I'm fit and well but I am scared of the consequences. I've just booked a flight for the OH to come back on April 2 the day before his birthday. Will we make it to then without mayhem? Stay in the bubble!

• Like 1

Posted

From what I read, ( on reliable sources hopefully) I don't think this "novel' virus will wipe out all humanity, but it is a grave warning for the future.

Edited by Blessed Weather
Political comment removed.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gray-Wolf said:

Anyone know why the 'east/west' train line has been closed at Rochdale due to a health incident?

Trying to get Daughter in Law home to Leeds....

Was interested so had a quick google. 

Details say cancelled due to track inspection, so quite possible a jumper or something, but who knows.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
13 minutes ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

over 1000 in Italy seems out of control their 

I doubt it ever will be under control, WSL; it's a natural phenomenon for which we humans have no immunity....Like the 'Spanish Flu' it'll be over when it's over?

• Like 3