Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

If I was in Australia I think I'd be getting concerned!

GISANDDATA.MAPS.ARCGIS.COM

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms
8 minutes ago, Gray-Wolf said:

If I was in Australia I think I'd be getting concerned!

GISANDDATA.MAPS.ARCGIS.COM

Why Australia in particular?

Posted

If you look at the 'density of Spread' the vast majority of cases are blossoming out from around China?

If the spread continues in this fashion Australia gets it before we do..... plus they're just entering their cold/flu season as we are beginning to exit ours?

EDIT: Using the dashboard 'zoom out' and you'll get a better idea of what I mean?

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Posted

I wonder when the UK will adopt the same?

fbico_ogp_1200x630.png
HEADLINES.YAHOO.CO.JP

米国で季節性インフルエンザが猛威をふるい、患者は2600万人以上、死者は約1万4000人にのぼっている。だが、一連の情報を発表してきた米疾病対策センター(CDC)が「インフル症状だった人に新型コロナ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow
45 minutes ago, Gray-Wolf said:

I wonder when the UK will adopt the same?

fbico_ogp_1200x630.png
HEADLINES.YAHOO.CO.JP

米国で季節性インフルエンザが猛威をふるい、患者は2600万人以上、死者は約1万4000人にのぼっている。だが、一連の情報を発表してきた米疾病対策センター(CDC)が「インフル症状だった人に新型コロナ...

Hopefully we will stick with English.

• Like 2

Posted
6d240c60-516a-11ea-8948-c9a8d8f9b667_ima
WWW.SCMP.COM

New strain appears to be more readily transmitted from human to human than Sars, Texas researchers find.

• Like 1

Posted

This is an interesting tool/study;

import_risk_bars_ranking.png
ROCS.HU-BERLIN.DE

Analysis of the spreading path of 2019-nCoV

• Like 1

Posted

Didn't expect this? We'd heard that folk only have a short spell of immunity once recovered from Covid-19 but if this report proves true we need to be careful how we treat folk during their 1st infection?

1581664948-5e464ab437d30.png
WWW.TAIWANNEWS.COM.TW

Instead of creating immunity the virus can reportedly reinfect an individual and hasten fatal heart attack

It would make sense of all those vids of folk just 'keeling over' though? and why such lengths are being gone to to limit folks exposure to the virus? over 77 million now impacted by travel restrictions if not in full 'lockdown'.....isn't that a tenth of the global population?

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
8 minutes ago, Gray-Wolf said:

Didn't expect this? We'd heard that folk only have a short spell of immunity once recovered from Covid-19 but if this report proves true we need to be careful how we treat folk during their 1st infection?1581664948-5e464ab437d30.png

It would make sense of all those vids of folk just 'keeling over' though? and why such lengths are being gone to to limit folks exposure to the virus? over 77 million now impacted by travel restrictions if not in full 'lockdown'.....isn't that a tenth of the global population?

No

Edited by feb1991blizzard

Posted
42 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

No

Always get mussed around with my 'billions' what with the U.S, use of 1,000 million to get to a billion and then our using a million million for a billion!

Which ''Billion" is used for Global population figures ours (UK?) or there's (U.S.?)?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
2 minutes ago, Gray-Wolf said:

Always get mussed around with my 'billions' what with the U.S, use of 1,000 million to get to a billion and then our using a million million for a billion!

Which ''Billion" is used for Global population figures ours (UK?) or there's (U.S.?)?

That'll be the US billion (10^9) Ian. Yee Haw!:oldgood:

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

That'll be the US billion (10^9) Ian. Yee Haw!:oldgood:

So '77 million' is 1% of global population then?

I'm getting more like those 11 UKAEA bods in '74 (when they were calculating cable failures for offshore wind farms) and mussed my decimal points up!???

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Posted
2 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Can’t trust anyone who wears a cap like that. Looks like a cross between Michael Cain and Steptoe. 

I tell you if Bozo drops out of public view I'll be more concerned!!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
23 minutes ago, Gray-Wolf said:

What to think?

Francis Boyle is a muppet!

Posted

Hi Pete!

I only know him from the 'Anthrax' attacks back on the early noughties?

He appears convinced of his conclusions though?

If so we'll never get to know the truth in today's reality of mass fake newsery....... thanks to the C.I.A. and their coining of the phrase 'Conspiracy theorist' post the JFK assassination..... anyone can be so labelled and therefore silenced these days even if we later find the truth in what they were telling us?

Look at AGW and the way those Scientists were labelled/treated in the early days?

Posted
25 minutes ago, Gray-Wolf said:

Hi Pete!

I only know him from the 'Anthrax' attacks back on the early noughties?

He appears convinced of his conclusions though?

If so we'll never get to know the truth in today's reality of mass fake newsery....... thanks to the C.I.A. and their coining of the phrase 'Conspiracy theorist' post the JFK assassination..... anyone can be so labelled and therefore silenced these days even if we later find the truth in what they were telling us?

Look at AGW and the way those Scientists were labelled/treated in the early days?

The thing that people like that always overlook, is that conspiracy theories can also be conspiracy facts

• Like 1

Posted
47 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

Francis Boyle is a muppet!

Think I have to agree after a deeper shufty around so have hidden the post

• Like 2

Posted
20 hours ago, Gray-Wolf said:

Didn't expect this? We'd heard that folk only have a short spell of immunity once recovered from Covid-19 but if this report proves true we need to be careful how we treat folk during their 1st infection?

1581664948-5e464ab437d30.png
WWW.TAIWANNEWS.COM.TW

Instead of creating immunity the virus can reportedly reinfect an individual and hasten fatal heart attack

Hi GW - is there actually any reputable source for this idea that you can get infected twice? I.e - a scientific publication or an update from WHO or CDC/USAMRIID?

From a pathology perspective, it does not make any sense. A period of dormancy may be conceivable (i.e you appear recovered but you are not) but reinfection suggests two significantly different strains and that is unlikely.

As for the story you link to, take it with a pinch of salt, in fact a dumper truck of salt!

The issues i have with it are -

1) Source being a relative of a doctor, both of whom are anonymous, this is "friend of a friend who knows this bloke down the pub" territory.

2) It says they are treating patients with an antibody and that is making them worse? I think this is nonsense, there is no proven antibody therapy, unless they have confused the trials of plasma therapy from recovered patients?

3) The important one - It is a Taiwanese news story! Take it as read that it is going to be heavily biased against the Chinese authorities. Have a read through it again with the view the author will automatically assume the Chinese authorities are corrupt, stupid, hide things and are generally inferior in every aspect to Taiwan.

The final bit about the assay results is correct.  There are clearly some big problems with either the PCR assay or how samples are collected/handled and WHO were advising there were issues a couple of weeks back.

• Like 2

Posted
8 hours ago, Snipper said:

Booked your next cruise?

AgEXQXR2WGFhWjc4UVlTcjhZdFI2WnNkaFEAMA
APPLE.NEWS

An extraordinary two-week quarantine of a cruise ship is ending in Japan, and many scientists say it has been a failure

I imagine there may now be some very attractive deals being offered?  The holiday insurance premium might be a different matter.