Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Snipper

Novel Coronavirus – China

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Gray-Wolf said:

I think most people, if not confined with a case, will have no notion they are being infected as it will be 'self administered' via transfer from a hard surface to mouth/eyes/nose?

With the life expectancy of the virus outside of the host seeming to increase week on week then ,my best guess, is that the first UK wave will be from such transfers and not from folk sneezing/coughing in your face?

Be mindful what your hands are doing (don't go scratching/picking/rubbing areas that have mucus membranes?) and take sanitizer with you when you're out and about so you can 'clean up' after touching hard surfaces?

Unfortunately it's getting more and more common for people to cough openly rather than covering there mouth ?  and the hand rails on the backs of the bus seats tend to be at head height when your sat down, not to mention the poles you hold onto to keep yourself steady.  Lots of nice scuffed metal surfaces in a warm/moist environment.....

(Personally, I tend to cough/sneeze into my forearm/elbow area, you don't accidentally get anything on your hands and there'll be less of it getting into the air as most of the moisture droplets would get caught in the fabric of what your wearing, plus you have less chance of someone grabbing hold of you there and therefore less chance of passing anything on via someone else touching you),

Edited by Ryukai
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is not good esp. if you are 'welded' into your property!

EDIT: Do scroll through the clips

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Gray-Wolf said:

This is not good esp. if you are 'welded' into your property!

EDIT: Do scroll through the clips

Looking at the Fire/thermal anomalies on the AQUA/MODIS there's barely anything going on in china where fires are concerned

preview.png
WORLDVIEW.EARTHDATA.NASA.GOV

The NASA Worldview app provides a satellite's perspective of the planet as it looks today and as it has in the past through daily satellite images. Worldview...

Also none of those clips have an original source link and should be dismissed, they could have been taken at anytime since smartphone cameras were invented....

Edited by Ryukai
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a good chance it's just burning rubbish because normal collections have been suspended.
A lot of medical equipment masks gowns are all to get rid off daily.
While the death rate is almost certainly much higher than figures suggest they aren't burning bodies in the open like some have suggested.
 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also Sulphur Dioxide levels are Slightly lower currently than they were at the same time last year, (prob due to the travel restrictions)

2019

sample.png
EARTH.NULLSCHOOL.NET

See current wind, weather, ocean, and pollution conditions, as forecast by supercomputers, on an interactive animated map. Updated every three hours.

2020

sample.png
EARTH.NULLSCHOOL.NET

See current wind, weather, ocean, and pollution conditions, as forecast by supercomputers, on an interactive animated map. Updated every three hours.

Just because someone with a Chinese sounding name or avatar posts something on twitter doesn't make it true ? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 'windy.com' image was run in the Mail so I traced back the post (from 9th Feb)

As for the 'fires' it is just an observation about what can go wrong when you weld folk into their flats with no access to anything but the provisions you supply?

Nothing more.

As for modis? are their closest images not 250m? I did not see any image that would show on a 250m image.....these are not 'wildfires' guys!

I'd agree that waste disposal will be an issue in 'locked down cities' where the army are now looking after that kind of concern.

EDIT: With W.H.O. now on the ground I think we will begin to get better data as the authorities have already 'scapegoated' the reasons for the 'erroneous' data we have been getting from Wuhan (see above).

As for 'death toll' , as I mentioned when I began posting the staff in the 4 (now 6) hospitals in Wuhan will be a tad too busy to concern themselves with 'data culling' or C.O.D.'s on death certs?

The data we have been getting will be a poor representation of what has been going on on the ground in Wuhan due to the massive pressures staff have been under (esp. if 500 have already fallen sick from Covid-19 necessitating the deployment of care workers from outside Wuhan plus seconded army medics?)

Are things not bad enough without any need to 'ramp up' the situation?

Or do you guys know something we don't?

 

 

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Ryukai said:

Also Sulphur Dioxide levels are Slightly lower currently than they were at the same time last year, (prob due to the travel restrictions)

2019

sample.png
EARTH.NULLSCHOOL.NET

See current wind, weather, ocean, and pollution conditions, as forecast by supercomputers, on an interactive animated map. Updated every three hours.

2020

sample.png
EARTH.NULLSCHOOL.NET

See current wind, weather, ocean, and pollution conditions, as forecast by supercomputers, on an interactive animated map. Updated every three hours.

Just because someone with a Chinese sounding name or avatar posts something on twitter doesn't make it true ? 

'Copy' Twatter posts are an issue on NW, not just in this thread. Not convinced many on here (NW) bother with due diligence to check sources.

Unfortunately social media (and community forums are included in the definition) are a breeding ground for fake news and spreading unchecked stories and sources.

Edited by Bristle boy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JCB has become the first big UK manufacturer to cut production as a result of the coronavirus outbreak hitting suppliers in China.

The decision will mean a shorter working week for around 4,000 employees at the digger maker from next Monday as well as an immediate suspension of overtime.

JCB said it was taking the decision as more than a quarter of its suppliers in China remained closed while those that had reopened were operating at reduced capacity and struggling to make shipments.

It illustrates the widening impact of the outbreak on the global economy, having already resulted in widespread factory closures in China and car factory stoppages in Japan and South Korea due to supply issues.

JCB's measures will see the introduction of a 34-hour working week for JCB and agency shop floor employees "until further notice". Source: Sky News

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

JCB has become the first big UK manufacturer to cut production as a result of the coronavirus outbreak hitting suppliers in China.

The decision will mean a shorter working week for around 4,000 employees at the digger maker from next Monday as well as an immediate suspension of overtime.

JCB said it was taking the decision as more than a quarter of its suppliers in China remained closed while those that had reopened were operating at reduced capacity and struggling to make shipments.

It illustrates the widening impact of the outbreak on the global economy, having already resulted in widespread factory closures in China and car factory stoppages in Japan and South Korea due to supply issues.

JCB's measures will see the introduction of a 34-hour working week for JCB and agency shop floor employees "until further notice". Source: Sky News

I thought you told us , up thread, that we'd have no issue for months B.B.?

AFAIK Nissan in Japan have issues with their supply and Jaguar are also closing down their output in China due to the impacts of Covid-19?

There are numerous other comp.'s now suffering from shortages esp. those who depend on timely delivery of components (as we heard about here when 'brexit shortages', due to the new levels of red tape for import/export, were being warned of?)

When you turn a Nation into the 'Factory of the World' then you will, naturally, see issues when the factory closes down and all exports are halted.

Edited by Gray-Wolf
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Ryukai said:

Also Sulphur Dioxide levels are Slightly lower currently than they were at the same time last year, 

Just because someone with a Chinese sounding name or avatar posts something on twitter doesn't make it true ? 

I thought they were discussing anomalous spikes around wuhan on Feb 9th?

I did not see any mention of direct comparisons with the same time last year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Gray-Wolf said:

When you turn a Nation into the 'Factory of the World' then you will, naturally, see issues when the factory closes down and all exports are halted.


It is also prudent to consider being a country or even a person who only has one skill. Teams are all very well but those who survive must have multi skills. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As noted upthread Dentists in large practices are now running short of masks with the middle of next week when they are likely to run out and so cease being able to work.

Mask or N95's seems to be the hot topic!

nurse_wearing_n95_respirator.jpg?itok=pJ
WWW.CIDRAP.UMN.EDU

Ideally, experts say, anyone coming into the room with a COVID-19 patient should wear a tight-fitting respirator, not a looser-fitting surgical mask.

As noted we have a family supply of washable/reusable N95's but it appears most folk will be put on a waiting list if they try to source some for their own families?

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gray-Wolf said:

As noted upthread Dentists in large practices are now running short of masks with the middle of next week when they are likely to run out and so cease being able to work.

Mask or N95's seems to be the hot topic!

nurse_wearing_n95_respirator.jpg?itok=pJ
WWW.CIDRAP.UMN.EDU

Ideally, experts say, anyone coming into the room with a COVID-19 patient should wear a tight-fitting respirator, not a looser-fitting surgical mask.

 

Do you live solitary in one room? You dont seem to get out much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Delete Me

Anyway, looks like the suspected cases in Crewe are negative. Woman and her partner came back from Singapore with flu like symptoms.

Edited by Delete Me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Do you live solitary in one room? You dont seem to get out much.

B.B , as noted upthread H1N1 left me with 'post Viral Syndrome' so No, I do not get out much and ,Yes' I spend all winter basically in one room ( which expands to my 4 by5m garden over summer)

So how would you deal with your time if you were likewise afflicted?

EDIT: and 'yes', prior to this I had a full and active life!

Edited by Gray-Wolf
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Panic on the streets of Brighton,panic on the streets of birminghan,panic on the streets of london,panic on the streets of the Wirral.

By The Smiths.

Police have been handed unprecedented powers to force those at risk of coronavirus into quarantine, amid fears two GPs may have passed the virus on to their patients.

http://stateofthenation.co/?p=6964

Company Offers Free Porn to Passengers Stuck on Cruise Ship due to coronavirus.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/company-offers-free-porn-to-passengers-stuck-on-cruise-ship-due-to-coronavirus

 

Edited by Snowyowl9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the government should be embarking on a public information campaign to stress the importance of simple measures people can use to minimize their risk .

Disinfectant hand wipes which I’ve been using for years , avoid touching your face at all when you’re out .

The length of time the virus can survive on hard surfaces is probably a big cause of transmission . I even before the current virus to be honest was laughed at by friends for my obsession with hand wipes . If I hear anyone coughing or sneezing in a supermarket I avoid that area for a few minutes if I need something from that area  , droplets will as they’re heavier fall closer to the ground . 

If I’m unlucky and someone close to me sneezes I immediately hold my breath and walk away .

This probably all sounds a bit obsessive and probably is but for fear of jinxing things I’ve not had a single cold or flu in 15 years .

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Snowyowl9 said:

Panic on the streets of Brighton,panic on the streets of birminghan,panic on the streets of london,panic on the streets of the Wirral.

By The Smiths.

Police have been handed unprecedented powers to force those at risk of coronavirus into quarantine, amid fears two GPs may have passed the virus on to their patients.

http://stateofthenation.co/?p=6964

Company Offers Free Porn to Passengers Stuck on Cruise Ship due to coronavirus.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/company-offers-free-porn-to-passengers-stuck-on-cruise-ship-due-to-coronavirus

 

Not quite sure what point you are trying to make. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

I think the government should be embarking on a public information campaign to stress the importance of simple measures people can use to minimize their risk .

Disinfectant hand wipes which I’ve been using for years , avoid touching your face at all when you’re out .

The length of time the virus can survive on hard surfaces is probably a big cause of transmission . I even before the current virus to be honest was laughed at by friends for my obsession with hand wipes . If I hear anyone coughing or sneezing in a supermarket I avoid that area for a few minutes if I need something from that area  , droplets will as they’re heavier fall closer to the ground . 

If I’m unlucky and someone close to me sneezes I immediately hold my breath and walk away .

This probably all sounds a bit obsessive and probably is but for fear of jinxing things I’ve not had a single cold or flu in 15 years .

 

Our Government is currently fighting like ferrets in a sack as it's reshuffle day over here, so are the official opposition for that matter. Anyways, once the spoils of the ministerial red boxes have been divided, they may turn their attention to important matters such as a Public Health Emergency of International Concern, but then again, they may not. Who knows with this bunch of idiots.

Edit - and I should of added prior to my rant about our political leadership -

Absolutely Nick, i think you are spot on about the need for a public information campaign.  Hygiene measures, 111 phone number, symptoms (which appear to be very different from influenza and colds).  If nothing else it will help reassure people and will maybe also help quell social media misinformation.

Edited by swebby
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, swebby said:

Our Government is currently fighting like ferrets in a sack as it's reshuffle day over here, so are the official opposition for that matter. Anyways, once the spoils of the ministerial red boxes have been divided, they may turn their attention to important matters such as a Public Health Emergency of International Concern, but then again, they may not. Who knows with this bunch of idiots.

They spent  hundreds of millions on their no deal Brexit public information campaign which according to surveys was a complete waste of money or they could spend even a fraction of that on giving some simple advice to the public which might help lower the transmission rates and possibly save lives ! 

 

Edited by nick sussex
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WWW.WEBCAMTAXI.COM

Find Live Streaming Cams in China, the most populated country in the world, has the largest bamboo florest, the home of the Giant Pandas

wuhan hospitals construction webcams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Not quite sure what point you are trying to make. 

Well its a corrupt world out there companies taking advantage of the weak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Heat building - But not before a northwestern soaking

    The weather has thrown up two things to focus on during the coming hours and days. First the rain across the north and especially northwest of the UK, with some heavy, persistent downpours today in western Scotland in particular. Second, the build of heat later this week from the south, with temperatures forecast to rise into the mid-thirties, for some at least, by Friday. Read the full update here

    Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

    Faltering start but heatwave likely to end this week

    A mixed start with rain and blustery winds midweek away from the SE. However, heat will return as temperatures climb into the 30sC from Thursday onwards. Read the full update here

    Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather 1
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...