Novel Coronavirus – China

The link on the tweet has been posted twice on here (the one from medium.com, not the other), but it's interesting and significant to see someone like Philip Lee (former Tory MP and also a GP) recommending the government read it. Basically, get your skates on.

• Like 3
  • Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can I just say huge credit to all those in here who have talked so openly and bravely  about issues that often don’t get discussed in these types of forums . And also to thank all the members who

Okay, there appears to be a couple of ideas circulating on the forum which people may be getting carried away with? I understand why people are running with them, because it creates the idea that

Can we drop the conspiracy and misinformation type stuff in here please - we all have a responsibility not to spread that kind of thing, as well as the virus. In the real world, wash your hands!

Posted Images

Just now, kold weather said:

Scotland upto 60 cases now, doubled overnight from what I hear... so thats 30 new cases just from Scotland.

Yesterday was 36 so an increase of 24 from yesterday

• Like 1
1 minute ago, kold weather said:

Scotland upto 60 cases now, doubled overnight from what I hear... so thats 30 new cases just from Scotland.

Makes you wonder what the total for the UK will be~??

Just now, weirpig said:

Makes you wonder what the total for the UK will be~??

I've been told its 24 new cases from Scotland, can't imagine its going to be lower than 100, but we will see.

4 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

The daily figures update is meant to be at 2pm isn't it?

The site is running slow but when I got on it still says updated 9am 11th March

If you'r looking at the gov website it tends to take a few hours to update there, they post the responses first on their twitter https://twitter.com/DHSCgovuk/with_replies

Nothing yet though.

• Like 1
On 09/03/2020 at 22:41, Allseasons-si said:

Never been to Austria and would like to but not having the cash limit's me to the peak district but still a nice place and it's on my doorstep

i am glad for them to get a transfer to Austria(a safer bet)and wish them well on there travels

as for the retirement couple,go for it,you only live once and i would do the same regardless of the circumstances,this is a one off lifetime event around the world,keep us informed Norrance of there travels

thanks.

One or two people asked how our neighbours are getting on in their round the world trip. The answer is unsurprisingly that they are home. Firstly Dubai airport stopped taking flights so they were to go direct to Kuala Lumpur. Then Vietnam closed their border so the Vietnam/Cambodia part was changed to Thailand. Fiji then notified them that  that part was a no no and NewZealand firstly then Australia brought in quarantines. They did have a debate as to whether they could self quarantine in the campervan they hired but eventually they had to concede defeat. Most of the travel companies and hotels etc they booked have been co-operative in allowing them to reschedule at a later date but one or two hotels didn't. 
Next worry for me (apart from the general worry about getting the illness as people who are getting on a bit) is our own trip to the USA and Canada scheduled for late May. Already thinking that it will not go ahead?

Edit As for the skiers Austria was cancelled at the last minute so they are daily travelling up to Glenshee. Just as well there is decent snow up there now.

I noticed that there were earlier mentions of the dangers of taking Ibuprofens or Ace inhibitors . Has anyone one seen any official advice on this?

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 1