Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
12 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

From the journalists on twitter, it sounds like the UK's delay phase will focus on the elderly/vulnerable and will not include any disruption to schools/large events.

So we're on our own. Almost every other country has/is imposing much stricter measures. 

Any links please?.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

As anyone who has ever read a 'medical diagnose yourself' page ont' web will know, we do tend to 'project' the merest thing onto the given 'illness' (some more than others granted?) but 'colds/flu are still circulating and we're into the first blush of 'hayfever season'....... Dry cough, sore throat,headache and temps is what you need to be 'concerned' as to the nature of your complaint?

Flooding /Streaming nose & sneezes is probs just one of the other 2 coronavirus in circulation having a poke?

Posted

Czech government is thinking about doubling down and will maybe ban events above 10 people + everything will remain closed after 8pm (including bars, restaurants etc.) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, Weather-history said:

Doesn't the Irish PM visit the White House every year on St Patrick's Day? Not sure the Irish PM should be leaving the country at a time like this anyway..

Should any future global conferences like the G20 be scrapped for the time being ? 

Good question, I don't think anyone from our parliament or even government should go to any big meeting anywhere for the next 14 days, of fourteen days since the ill health minister was last in work anyway. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, daz_4 said:

Czech government is thinking about doubling down and will maybe ban events above 10 people + everything will remain closed after 8pm (including bars, restaurants etc.) 

MMM   less not be to hasty implementing that one. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, northwestsnow said:

Similar to UK, haven't they shut down schools?

My brother (west of Copenhagen) said his daughters school has closed for six weeks... she’s been off for two weeks with chicken pox already

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

China have reported 15 new confirmed cases and 11 new deaths (10 in Hubei - 1 in Shaanxi) they also have 33 suspected cases.

1,318 patients were discharged from hospitals in the past 24 hours with another 2,206 released from self isolation.

Posted

Breaking.  Although is the Express.

1254138.jpg
WWW.EXPRESS.CO.UK

BORIS JOHNSON is set to announce the closure of all UK schools this afternoon, as he initiates the "delay phase" of the coronavirus response.

Posted
19 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

From the journalists on twitter, it sounds like the UK's delay phase will focus on the elderly/vulnerable and will not include any disruption to schools/large events.

So we're on our own. Almost every other country has/is imposing much stricter measures. 

From hints within communications I have received from my own workplace, I do not think this is going to be accurate.

Posted
1 minute ago, weirpig said:

Breaking.  Although is the Express.

1254138.jpg
WWW.EXPRESS.CO.UK

BORIS JOHNSON is set to announce the closure of all UK schools this afternoon, as he initiates the "delay phase" of the coronavirus response.

The Express is as ever talking nonsense ! Not even in the worst hit regions in China did they shut schools for anything like that.

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

I've had an upper respiratory tract infection since Sunday and several others in my workplace have the same. The symptoms don't exactly match the ones reported for coronavirus so seems unlikely but it's a big coincidence! (for context, I live in N London and travel on the tube into central everyday).

A case of can’t see the coronavirus for the flu. 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, nick sussex said:

The Express is as ever talking nonsense ! Not even in the worst hit regions in China did they shut schools for anything like that.

I think because it coincides with the Easter break

Posted
2 minutes ago, weirpig said:

I think because it coincides with the Easter break

Still doesn’t make it anything close to two months . My advice make use of that trash paper by using it as cat litter although some cats are known to be a bit snobby with what they defecate on ! 

Edited by nick sussex

Posted

Germany now upto 2078 cases, which in 24hrs is a 500+ increase!

Iran also not good, seems like rates are still increasing out there and its spreading into other middle east countries. 

Denmark also up 101 cases overnight as well.

Posted
1 minute ago, nick sussex said:

Still doesn’t make it anything close to two months . My advice make use of that trash paper by using it as cat litter although some cats are known to be a bit snobby with what they defecate on ! 

To be far it says 1 month  could rise to 2   although  it is as you say  paper for cat litter 

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, weirpig said:

To be far it says 1 month  could rise to 2   although  it is as you say  paper for cat litter 

I think 1 month is the utter minimum its likely to be, and that is including 2 weeks of easter holidays. IMO I'd say 45 days is probably more realistic IF we go full blown lockdown on this.

Posted

What a year so far its  been   Constant talk of wars.  Fires raging over Austrailia    Floods,  Plague of locusts in Africa.   A asteroid to skim the earth in April  and a pandemic    Jeez 

• Like 4

Posted
13 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Apparently i read on bbc that the mayor of an Italian cityvin the north is suggesting they are winning, perhaps a lockdown is the only way ??

Yes, 100% obvious to all to see, a full blown Wuhan style lockdown now is the only way this will go without massive loss of life. There was a window when South Korea style would work, but most countries didn't test enough and were too lax and we have almost certainly lost that window now.

• Like 1

Posted

Darran Marshall

@DarranMarshall

·

8m

Republic of Ireland expected to announce a general shutdown. Taoiseach to make a statement in Washington shortly. RTÉ One tv broadcasting a special programme now.

Posted
20 minutes ago, daz_4 said:

Hmm...does COVID-19 only come out after dark?

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, weirpig said:

Darran Marshall

@DarranMarshall

·

8m

Republic of Ireland expected to announce a general shutdown. Taoiseach to make a statement in Washington shortly. RTÉ One tv broadcasting a special programme now.

I think the political pressure must be growing on the UK to do the same, or do we need to see a 24hrs period like Germany has seen to finally snap us out of inaction?

I've heard that the army will likely be involved next week in Ireland's shutdown as well.

Time to make sure you have food supplies to last a month and get ready to hunker down.