Thunder?
Local
Radar
Pollen

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted

No one has learnt, it’s just been declared a pandemic.... a lot of hype and scaremongering... Europe is learning from Italy’s contagion and experiences... the USA is ignoring the world atm apart from its economic stimulus oh well 

• Like 1

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    Posted

In his address to the nation on Wednesday, President Trump announced that in an effort to stop new coronavirus cases from entering the United States all travel from Europe to the United States would be suspended for 30 days, beginning Friday at midnight. “There will be exemptions for Americans who have undergone appropriate screenings and these prohibitions will not only apply to the tremendous amount of trade and cargo, but to various other things as we get approval,” Trump said. “Anything coming from Europe to the United States is what we are discussing.” The president added that the restrictions would not affect travel from the United Kingdom.

Fab. Even though the UK is currently exempt, this is going to further affect my business, as US customers will just assume we're included.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Oh well I was right, Trump has gone to blame others mode. That ban covers countries which still have very low numbers of cases whilst he allows others with larger numbers a free pass.

Anyway this isn’t a random Trump bashing act, this is just looking on in disbelief that we see a president not take this seriously and then when things start getting really bad he desperately tries to change the narrative whilst showing little regard for the people he represents... it’s all about the economy, all about Wall Street and stopping the shares crashing...

Edited by Captain Shortwave
    • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
    10 minutes ago, Donegal said:

Ireland excluded as well. We have pre clearance to US . So can people from banned countries in EU travel to here and UK then on to America? Will only make it worse for us if so. 

That's why we need a travel ban in place too 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
    14 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

It’s the only way Trump’s ban would actually work (sort of).

Frankly it would have felt more genuine if the entire region was off limits rather than selecting countries due to political regions. Sparing Ireland and the U.K. starts to make more sense when politics gets factored in.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
    4 hours ago, Hirudine said:

Fab. Even though the UK is currently exempt, this is going to further affect my business, as US customers will just assume we're included.

The ban is only on travel, goods are fine from all over the EU, so you should be fine. 

• Like 1

Posted
    53 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Number of confirmed cases are increasing in number now on the South American and African continents. 

Ok so summer will not help us. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms and anything extreme.
    7 hours ago, Saint coolio said:

This is best thing I’ve read about the outbreak so far.

so important people understand this 

An excellent and informative read.

• Like 1

Posted
    6 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Ok so summer will not help us. 

Oh no. I'm sick ?.. really horrible head cold , headache that won't go away with pain meds. My head feels like it's about to explode , sore throat , cough. I have asthma but no problems breathing , slight fever yesterday but not today. I'm gonna self isolate I guess ?

• Like 3

Posted
    48 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

I'm also puzzled as to why trump has not banned the uk and ireland too, we're an infected country.  

I'm starting to wonder what kind of world we will live in this time next year, maybe it'll boost the British home holiday market, revitalise towns centres....... I really hope some good can come from all this ?

• Like 3

Posted

Bubs school has been told to get a plan sorted in the event they have to close.  They also have been upping their cleaning to include handles being done every hour or so, plus other things.

Beginning to feel a bit surreal. 

• Like 2

Posted
    16 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

I'm also puzzled as to why trump has not banned the uk and ireland too, we're an infected country.  

I'm starting to wonder what kind of world we will live in this time next year, maybe it'll boost the British home holiday market, revitalise towns centres....... I really hope some good can come from all this ?

And who have you been in contact with? Warning them?

Posted

none of us are exempt :

Posted
    26 minutes ago, Jhonny147 said:

Oh no. I'm sick ?.. really horrible head cold , headache that won't go away with pain meds. My head feels like it's about to explode , sore throat , cough. I have asthma but no problems breathing , slight fever yesterday but not today. I'm gonna self isolate I guess ?

I've had a head ache for a few days, but nothing else, been putting it down to the codeine I got prescribed after my opp, don't need to use it anymore, so haven't been, thought it was a come down or something. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
    43 minutes ago, Jhonny147 said:

Stay safe, Jhonny; it's most likely one of the nasty bugs that've been doing the rounds, as I had all those horrible symptoms, only a few weeks' back.:oldsmile:

But, aye, self-isolation would make a lot of sense, though...Good man!:oldgood:

Edited by General Cluster
    • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I agree with the flight ban in principle, but why on earth is the UK not included? It makes no sense.

• Like 3

Posted
    1 minute ago, General Cluster said:

Stay safe, Jhonny; it's most likely one of the nasty bugs that's been doing the rounds, as I had all those horrible symptoms, only a few weeks' back.:oldsmile:

Buy, aye, self-isolation would make a lot of sense, though...Good man!:oldgood:

Thankyou. Yes I'm sure it probably is ?