Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
Just now, Paul Faulkner said:

A guy on Twitter who is ITK with the government:

"Cobra meeting tomorrow and you should start to see some changes not long after. New laws being put to the house next week in preparation for the next stages as there will be some serious social disruption and we need our house in order to protect businesses and the public."

Is he going to go the full hog  and total lockdown?.

Posted

Tasmania's tally stands at 3 - all international fly-ins. The biggest news so far for us is the cancellation of Hobart's Dark MoFo winter festival in June. It has become one of the biggest winter festivals in Australia.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

In my eyes its too soon to sort anything out as we are approaching GCSE's its imperative that students/teachers are in a position to work remotely which will take time to set up.

I don't know though, the Dfe / PHE have not issued any statements, I would think we will hear tomorrow.

School's are closing here for St Patrick's day Monday-Wednesday be interesting to see where we go from there.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
29 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

Schools will close next Friday, already been told that when we close I will probably have to come into work as skeleton staff......defies the whole put of closing imo!!!!!

Why an earth are they doing that, surely they are not saying, 'Well its closed because there is a genuine risk to life but well if you cannot get childcare then i suppose we will just have to open and risk it and hope your child and other people don't die'

Posted
Just now, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

tbh its a valid point i would end league now where u are stands... as cant exactly rob my liverpool of the prem lol 

Lol  i think you will get it by default   however its tricky  because if the league was finished now   some teams  may have had  more difficult games uptil this point    Norwich have to play  West Ham. Brighton  Watford  burnley.  They stand a chance of getting a few points out of them   Compared to Villa  who have some tricky games    it really is a nightmare for the FA

Posted
1 minute ago, weirpig said:

Lol  i think you will get it by default   however its tricky  because if the league was finished now   some teams  may have had  more difficult games uptil this point    Norwich have to play  West Ham. Brighton  Watford  burnley.  They stand a chance of getting a few points out of them   Compared to Villa  who have some tricky games    it really is a nightmare for the FA

Play offs for relegation and europa leauge behind closed doors could be a good option...

Posted
3 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Yes, if they get forced to cancel the season due to this virus, the only fair way to all clubs (including the ones from lower leagues) is to expand the prem for one season to 22/23 teams and run it hopefully from September/October through to December, especially as 2022 is a winter world cup anyway. That would stop that horrible situation where a team gets relegated because they have had a worse fixture list than another one and the hypothetical which would be a killed situation to legally sort out.

Anyway, looks like we are 100% going into delay phase tomorrow, the main thing is exactly what will come from the meeting. 

Edited by kold weather

Guest Delete Me
Just now, weirpig said:

Is he going to go the full hog  and total lockdown?.

I would imagine school closure decision delayed til Monday, public gatherings over a certain size to be banned, restrictions on driving hours for the supply network to be lifted, non urgent operations cancelled, army deployed to help the supply network and emergencies services, travel restrictions to Italy, general social distancing measures, mandatory fines or sentencing for breaking quarantine, student / retired doctors and nurses brought in to help..who knows mate

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy

Doubt any games will go ahead if a player within that league tests positive, the Euro comps are pretty much certain to be cancelled in my opinion.

Posted

Many Scottish football teams survive hand to mouth. They could struggle to continue if they have to play in front of empty stadiums 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Paul Faulkner said:

I would imagine school closure decision delayed til Monday, public gatherings over a certain size to be banned, restrictions on driving hours for the supply network to be lifted, non urgent operations cancelled, army deployed to help the supply network and emergencies services, travel restrictions to Italy, general social distancing measures, mandatory fines or sentencing for breaking quarantine, student / retired doctors and nurses brought in to help..who knows mate

Oh just the softly softly approach 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
1 minute ago, mountain shadow said:

Many Scottish football teams survive hand to mouth. They could struggle to continue if they have to play in front of empty stadiums 

Apart from Rangers and Celtic, Scottish teams already play in empty stadiums, Dundee United being an example.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Yes, if they get forced to cancel the season due to this virus, the only fair way to all clubs (including the ones from lower leagues) is to expand the prem for one season to 22/23 teams and run it hopefully from September/October through to December, especially as 2022 is a winter world cup anyway. That would stop that horrible situation where a team gets relegated because they have had a worse fixture list than another one and the hypothetical which would be a killed situation to legally sort out.

Anyway, looks like we are 100% going into delay phase tomorrow, the main thing is exactly what will come from the meeting. 

Yes  but  lol   the same would apply for the championship   about if you have an easier run in   than the team above you?.  you would be spitting feathers if you had to play the bottom 4  and teams above  had to play tougher games.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy
2 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Apart from Rangers and Celtic, Scottish teams already play in empty stadiums, Dundee United being an example.

The Scottish league is better supported than the English league going by percentage of the population who attend games... but lets not go ot.Many clubs in Scotland and League one and below would struggle.

• Like 1

Posted

My partner, who works as an IT tech in a secondary school, came home sick today, so I'm sleeping on the sofa tonight. He said though the school is setting up laptops with VPN in preparation for the schools being closed.

• Like 4

Posted
2 minutes ago, Hirudine said:

My partner, who works as an IT tech in a secondary school, came home sick today, so I'm sleeping on the sofa tonight. He said though the school is setting up laptops with VPN in preparation for the schools being closed.

School in Brum?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny
20 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

A guy on Twitter who is ITK with the government:

"Cobra meeting tomorrow and you should start to see some changes not long after. New laws being put to the house next week in preparation for the next stages as there will be some serious social disruption and we need our house in order to protect businesses and the public."

Preparations ahead of changes next week?! Why are they wasting time faffing about. Just announce social distancing measures tomorrow. The UK government's handling of this has been awful IMO. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
Just now, Stabilo19 said:

Preparations ahead of changes next week?! Why are they wasting time faffing about. Just announce social distancing measures tomorrow. The UK government's handling of this has been awful IMO. 

It has to pass through parliament first. Emergency legislation will be put to the house early next week.

Posted
1 minute ago, Summer Sun said:

It has to pass through parliament first. Emergency legislation will be put to the house early next week.

Great  knowing how these have gone in the past  expect it to go through  just before halloween 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny
1 minute ago, Summer Sun said:

They've had weeks to prepare for the worst case scenario. Many other countries have prepared and are enforcing measures right now. 

• Like 1