Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
4 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

OK my thoughts, probably similar to many others. I have a big dilemma. I work in a public place and cross paths with hundreds of very mobile people everyday at work, and hundreds getting too and from work. I'm trying to be responsible, but a lot are not. Today I encountered so many people with colds and coughs. How long before one of them is a carrier. I'm not a particularly high risk of getting seriously ill through this virus, but I have a family and reasonably old relatives, and if I got it, so might they. My employer says "We're following government advice, so we're basically doing nothing for now". 

What does someone like me do? 

Same thoughts here. I work for an American multinational. They are all working from home as mandated by the head office. The number of mails sent around within the US team, with us Europeans on the same Distribution lists outlining keep safe etc. Meanwhile we are all business as usual, but with more cases per million. I attended a video call late from home, camera on as everyone else had theirs on. American boss makes a joke about me self isolating already from his own home. They are a very insular culture and dog eat dog is their modus operandi.

• Like 2

Posted
17 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

OK my thoughts, probably similar to many others. I have a big dilemma. I work in a public place and cross paths with hundreds of very mobile people everyday at work, and hundreds getting too and from work. I'm trying to be responsible, but a lot are not. Today I encountered so many people with colds and coughs. How long before one of them is a carrier. I'm not a particularly high risk of getting seriously ill through this virus, but I have a family and reasonably old relatives, and if I got it, so might they. My employer says "We're following government advice, so we're basically doing nothing for now". 

What does someone like me do? 

We live in a capitalist world you just have to get on with it. We’re all pretty much in the same boat I have to use jubilee line every day rammed with people, coughing and sneezing it will be like Russian roulette. If you come down with symptoms fever/ dry cough immediately self isolate yourself. As for your elder relatives best not yet but I suspect will be case very soon, avoid em like the plague for their own good. Average time to develop symptoms I believe is 4-5 days and you are infectious before that without knowing, there really is nothing you can do apart from going off radar for foreseeable. Right now in Portsmouth I’ve not seen a case confirmed? A lot have colds and sniffles don’t be alarmed the good thing as it gets warmer this non-threat will die off. Will make it more easier to distinguish.....

• Like 2

Posted

It’s everywhere .

A Juventus player has tested positive for the virus .

Even if you can play games behind closed doors will teams at this rate be able to even field a team. 

How many more players will test positive from across Europe .

Edited by nick sussex
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
Just now, nick sussex said:

It’s everywhere .

I would think that's football done for the season then.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Juventus football player Daniele Rugani has tested positive for the coronavirus.

Posted
6 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

It’s everywhere .

Even if you can play games behind closed doors will teams at this rate be able to even field a team. 

How many more players will test positive from across Europe .

Probably will be at least a few by now I'd have thought. Think this maybe the last round of Champions League matches for this season, at least this side of the virus outbreak. The Juve vs Lyon match won't happen now even if it were to played at a neutral place.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Not sure this has been mentioned but another case confirmed in a care home 

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

As soon as one player tests positive the whole team need to self isolate so that will cause problems .

Hopefully this is an isolated incident . I’m a long suffering Arsenal fan so an early end to the season would put me out of my misery ! 

But I think it would be awful for Liverpool who have waited so long for the title .They need to quickly wrap up the league otherwise their fans are going to have a nervous breakdown ! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow
5 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Just said similar in the CL thread. 

It may seem weird but as a Liverpool fan, I'm happy to see my team going out of Europe tonight.  

It's simply not worth the players/staff/supporters travelling around Europe at the moment on what's going to become a rather disrupted competition very soon. 

We will be back in the CL next season so no biggie really, club wise, either. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
12 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

It’s everywhere .

11 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

And.....

we had Madrid take on Liverpool here this evening,shouldn't of happened and the same goes for Cheltenham festival 

i would suspect some cases from them venues in the coming days,and poss a cluster,MADNESS.

Edited by Allseasons-si

Posted
23 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

I'm in EXACTLY the same boat. 

It's driving me insane trying to reconcile things in my head. 

I’ve dealt with a lot of anxiety in my life from a very young age very bad at times, but it is interesting I’m not the slightest bit anxious about this personally, maybe I’m desensitised now... and after seeing constant numbers rolling in you do need to remember they are human lives, but it is harder to stand up and notice until it directly or indirectly affects you in your bubble. I haven’t been in control over certain things in past but there are things you can do about this. Don’t touch your mouth and keep washing those hands. Of course it doesn’t just depend on what you do, so that seems it’s clear that is giving you anxiety in a work setting which makes you more vulnerable but I believe the risk is still low as long as you do your own efforts. A little perspective CC you are young, you will survive. We will all look back and take something from this, society may benefit in long term. We need to appreciate more what we have and what can so easily be lost for example footy.. and I really hope this changes attitudes on elderly we need to put my value on older generation. Maybe, this will make people rethink and become more selfless as folks parents/grandparents and neighbours/friends need our help the most with the times ahead. 

• Like 6

Posted
Just now, nick sussex said:

As soon as one player tests positive the whole team need to self isolate so that will cause problems .

Hopefully this is an isolated incident . I’m a long suffering Arsenal fan so an early end to the season would put me out of my misery ! 

But I think it would be awful for Liverpool who have waited so long for the title .They need to quickly wrap up the league otherwise their fans are going to have a nervous breakdown ! 

I'm hoping for their sake they can get the league mathematically done before things really explode here, it would be a terrible injustice given they've had one of the best seasons ever seen to lose the league in a technicality.

However, this is going to cause a huge mess for the leagues of most European countries and how we will deal with it. Could be a legal nightmare, especially if clubs get relegated early, can see that being very difficult to justify. Maybe the solution is to extend the Prem for one season to 23 teams? Who knows, that brings its own problems possibly.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Would it not make sense initially to test everyone working in the NHS seeing as they probably gave more close contact with potentially vulnerable people. Then remove those positive from work until they are clear and self isolate colleagues and patients and go from there? I think testing people after they are actively symptomatic is closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

Then work through testing people in the public sector such as social workers, police etc, then down to the next tier.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes
17 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

In Italy yes

Guest Delete Me
3 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

Can I just say huge credit to all those in here who have talked so openly and bravely  about issues that often don’t get discussed in these types of forums .

And also to thank all the members who have contributed to this topic . 

I think this has been a great thread . 

Here here fully agree Nick

Posted
1 minute ago, nick sussex said:

Can I just say huge credit to all those in here who have talked so openly and bravely  about issues that often don’t get discussed in these types of forums .

And also to thank all the members who have contributed to this topic . 

I think this has been a great thread . 

I just got a tear in my eye then Nick

I hope to shed happy tears after all this passes with not many issue's

you are a good man too and i like your style

stay safe mate.

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, Summer Sun said:

Breaking: UK set to move to delay phase

Screenshot_20200311-223108_Sky News.jpg

It's about time.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Breaking: UK set to move to delay phase

Screenshot_20200311-223108_Sky News.jpg

I think that is probably the wisest idea, I suspect had there not been the budget today, they would have done it today...

I think schools will stay open for a little longer yet to allow other plans to be put in place for workers, but major events will IMO be stopped. Schools probably looking likely to close a week early before the easter holidays for an extended easter break.

• Like 1

Guest Delete Me

Schools will close next Friday, already been told that when we close I will probably have to come into work as skeleton staff......defies the whole put of closing imo!!!!!