Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Well china is with drawing some of the measures. So it will be interesting what will happen with the infection rates then

• Like 3

Posted
27 minutes ago, Robbie Garrett said:

Yes, but are all of them ready to take over the streets.   The disorder will be higher than 2011 riots, and what do the Army do with them?

For some reason I don't think there'll be problem with chavs/gangs causing problems if the army's out and about on the streets, that type are more interested in harassing normal people (that they can gang up on and intimidate) than interacting with those that could kick there backsides to Timbuctoo and back.

Edited by Ryukai
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
Just now, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

It's always 'tomorrow' or in a few days time. Jeez, these people are paid handsomely for what they do so is it really too much to ask for them to meet at any given time given the circumstances??

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
2 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

The frustrating thing is, we had all the opportunity to pull up the drawbridge and watch the turmoil from afar. Yes we would have suffered economically but we would have had health on our side and recovered a lot quicker than elsewhere. Now we're going to be part of the turmoil.

Yes - mind you i will blame myself as well if i die - if i had just saved 10% of the money i blew on drink and other things over the years, i could have bought a big chest freezer and filled it weeks ago, that with my usual fridge and some crisps would have given me about at least 4 months where i could have just never left the house, and it is not like there wasn't enough warning either.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, CreweCold said:

The frustrating thing is, we had all the opportunity to pull up the drawbridge and watch the turmoil from afar. Yes we would have suffered economically but we would have had health on our side and recovered a lot quicker than elsewhere. Now we're going to be part of the turmoil.

At least the government seems to be trying to do their best in very difficult circumstances. They seem to be calmly, getting on, with apparently the opposition,  dealing with things that are un precedented in current times.  God knows what the situation would be with this forum trying to deal with anything. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

OH reports that anti-social behaviour on Northern trains in respect of the virus is rife. Louts deliberately coughing loudly, mouths agape, laughing about it while filming themselves on their phones.

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, feb1991blizzard said:

Yes - mind you i will blame myself as well if i die - if i had just saved 10% of the money i blew on drink and other things over the years, i could have bought a big chest freezer and filled it weeks ago, that with my usual fridge and some crisps would have given me about at least 4 months where i could have just never left the house, and it is not like there wasn't enough warning either.

I'm in a position now where I don't want to go to work...I don't think it is worth the risk and I'm getting massive anxiety before turning up there. The company are doing naff all to protect us either...and the delay in urgency from the government isn't helping.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy
16 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

Picture the optics . WHO say pandemic and a quarter of a million people are gathering in Cheltenham .

Many will be half cut so will forget about the virus and taking any precautions  and just have a jolly old time ! 

If we place any stead in the study we linked to yesterday (showing the virus can remain airborne and infecting up to 4.5m away?) then in 'enclosed spaces',with crowds, it might as well be an airborne pathogen?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
1 minute ago, CreweCold said:

It's always 'tomorrow' or in a few days time. Jeez, these people are paid handsomely for what they do so is it really too much to ask for them to meet at any given time given the circumstances??

And they could do it with todays technology without the risk of spreading it either - conference calls and webcams - they are all trying to ram the internet, mobile phones and computers down our throats alll the time - start practicing what you preach

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

It's at times like these when we should all remember we are British?

Posted

US envisaging a ban on European travellers.

Posted
3 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Do you really think they are just putting in an hour or two a day?  Well for starters they aren’t continually on here making their point. 

Posted
5 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

OH reports that anti-social behaviour on Northern trains in respect of the virus is rife. Louts deliberately coughing loudly, mouths agape, laughing about it while filming themselves on their phones.

Obviously the retards on Facebook have decided to get a bit of fresh air. 

Edited by Snipper
  • Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

I think they have to move before the weekend, Madrid region pretty much got out of control over just 72hrs and only really tough measures seen in Wuhan will drag that back now.

Hopefully we will start to see a sizeable reduction in Italian new cases next week which will indicate their lockdown is working, my guess is it will have some impact, but not enough, especially as they are already at breaking point in terms of the health service.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

US envisaging a ban on European travellers.

Probably way too late for that, they need to get their own house in order before it runs away from them, they can probably still just about get on top of it, but their clusters are getting bigger and more widespread thanks to the poor action of their government.

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Snipper said:

Do you really think they are just putting in an hour or two a day?  Well for starters they aren’t continually on here making their point. 

The thing is, until there is official advice from the government my place of work will not act. So every day I'm at the frontline potentially being exposed. I personally can come into contact with 3-500 people a day. I mean, come on, you can see my line of thinking here.

• Like 2

Posted

Director General of Helath here in France says that the virus is circulating more and more actively and that a scenario like that in Italy must be prepared for in France. We must look at what is happening beside us and realise that it is quick, brutal and localised. We must prepare to have some areas much more affected than others.

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

I'm in a position now where I don't want to go to work...I don't think it is worth the risk and I'm getting massive anxiety before turning up there. The company are doing naff all to protect us either...and the delay in urgency from the government isn't helping.

I’ve started becoming useless at work. I can’t concentrate, I’m so anxious I’m starting to feel ill and all I can think about is my next move regarding the incoming catastrophe 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Quite unbelievable listening to a GP talk on BBC London news, saying:

"We have this under control"

"We are at the end of the curve"

"We are not going to see the same as other European countries"

"The death rate will be much lower in the UK than elsewhere"

Does he have a crystal ball? Wholly irresponsible comments IMO. BBC should have had a disclaimer at the end of that interview!

Edited by Stabilo19
typo
  • Like 4

Posted
18 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Yes Aaron - I told em - told everyone in January it was going to happen -  if unqualified people with no knowledge at all about the spread of viruses apart from the blatantly obvious stuff about personal hygiene can see it why cannot they. Only someone with the intellect level of a gnat would have let this happen.

As soon as China quarantined parts of Wuhan me and my friend sat up and took notice.
For a lot of people, they’ve only started to realise the seriousness of this in the last few days.

• Like 3

Posted
36 minutes ago, kold weather said:

This is so painful from our government herei n the UK, how many different cases do we have to see where things progress to a certain point and then action is taken. Why don't we try and get ahead of the curve. The economy is stuffed regardless of what we do now based on a fair chunk of the G20 countries now being under the coronavirus fully.

I'm struggling to understand why we aren't at least banning indoor events over a certain size, at least do SOMETHING!!

It's obvious the government is listening to the CMO who has emphasised that timing is everything with this. He said we will get 50% of all cases in just a 3 week period so the lockdown has to be timed to capture all of this. What we don't want to do is go potentially up to a month too early then fatigue will set in by the time the real peak hits.

Edited by Snowy L
  • Like 3

Posted
4 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

Should it be the other way round? 

Probably, but when you are governed by Donald Duck then logic is not paramount.

• Like 7