Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
3 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Sounds about right for the Daily Fail

While i agree its stupid, that could have been from any newspaper in the country, not Just the Daily mail.

• Like 2

Posted
3 hours ago, Azazel said:

I'm off tomorrow and friday, tomorrow being my birthday. I'm finishing this pouch of tobacco today and then i'm quitting - got a vape at home etc.

From tomorrow, I'm exercising - my missus who is an exercise/gym freak is going to "personally train" me for want of a better term. 

Might be too late, might only boost my immune system by 0.000001 percent, but it's better than nothing and I have a feeling it'll do my dwindling mental health the world of good.

Exercise, nearly always beneficial for that.

Packing in the smoking also good, and combined with exercise, should result in a quick improvement in lung function.

Edit - and early happy birthday greetings! 

Edited by swebby
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
6 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

While i agree its stupid, that could have been from any newspaper in the country, not Just the Daily mail.

I suppose so, aye. But the Daily Mail does have a rather more odious record, with sensationalising situations like these, than many other organs. The Sun notwithstanding...?!

• Like 7

Posted

Shocking statistic coming from Italy that 58% of positive cases end up hospitalised. I remember reading a couple of weeks ago Italy would only test serious symptoms in order to prevent panic. Sorry but I'd much rather hear 100,000 cases and 400 deaths than 10,000 cases and 400 deaths.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Breaking: Korean Air have grounded 100 aircraft including all its A380 fleet

A member of staff working for Nadine Dorris has tested positive for coronavirus

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 3

Guest Delete Me

Ukraine are closing all schools until the end of March, they only have 1 case

Poland are closing all schools as of Monday, they only have 27 cases

Turkey are discussing closing schools after their first case was confirmed yesterday

China, Italy, Iran, Iraq, Japan, Saudi, Mongolia and South Korea all closed.

UK? Possible closure being touted in 2-3 weeks to tie in with Easter - depends on the rate and spread of infection

Posted

I'm amazed, I've just looked at Milan's airport and there are STILL flights coming over from there, indeed there is one due to land in Manchester pretty soon!

Whilst alot have now been cancelled, still flights to Moscow, Berlin, Manchester, Kiev, Lyon, Dublin, Cairo, Lisbon and the list goes on (all of those in the next 4hrs!). Still not enough of a lockdown to stop this spread IMO.

As for schools, we will see, I do understand the logic that kids aren't vectors, however IF you want to stop people going out and to reduce the risk of spread, having them be forced to stay home may well be the ticket.

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

Turkey are discussing closing schools after their first case was confirmed yesterday

UK? Possible closure being touted in 2-3 weeks to tie in with Easter - depends on the rate and spread of infection

France have limited school closures to those areas with clusters . I suppose at the moment because the UK doesn’t have this huge localized outbreaks then it’s a wait and see.

The problem with schools isn’t so much that children are at risk of severe illness but that they are good at spreading it to people in the higher risk groups .

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy
1 hour ago, General Cluster said:

I must admit that I find this 2m 'advice' to be more than a wee bit silly: how long would the queues be, around every London Underground station, for example?

Potentially 3m Pete and the study (Linked to yesterday?) illustrated 4.5m was not 'safe' from atomised spread?

We're British Pete! We know how to form an orderly 'Q' fer christos sakes

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Posted
3 minutes ago, Snowy L said:

Shocking statistic coming from Italy that 58% of positive cases end up hospitalised. I remember reading a couple of weeks ago Italy would only test serious symptoms in order to prevent panic. Sorry but I'd much rather hear 100,000 cases and 400 deaths than 10,000 cases and 400 deaths.

I think some reassurance may be taken from just how many cases in the rest of Europe and the world are linked to travel from italy. These numbers suggest that Italian case #'s must be higher and therefore hospitilisation and mortality much lower.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy
24 minutes ago, Snowy L said:

Part if me has to wonder whether Wuhan 2019 met with Iran 2020 and they did the 'Recombination' dance?

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Posted
18 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

They break up in 3 weeks here. I think they should consider having an extra fortnight beforehand to help stop the spread.

• Like 4

Posted

Quite a lot of measures in the budget to tackle the economic impact of the virus . The total package is 30 billion pounds.

The next time someone says it’s just the flu point them to this and ask if it was why would the government be spending this money !

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
23 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

A member of staff working for Nadine Dorris has tested positive for coronavirus

That's not really surprising. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
7 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

They break up in 3 weeks here. I think they should consider having an extra fortnight beforehand to help stop the spread.

Personally, this wouldn't give me much problem, but I doubt my Daughters school head would do this, the head got enough grief when school was closed one half day because of the Beast From the East and the snow.  

The thing that worries me is 2 kids are going to a 'virus outbreak' area for 6 weeks to a wedding, and the school needed to be reminded of this virus. 6 weeks! I got a snotty 'we are watching your childs attendance' after 2 days. 

Edited by Dami
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any kind of extremes. But the more snow the better.
4 hours ago, Azazel said:

I'm off tomorrow and friday, tomorrow being my birthday. I'm finishing this pouch of tobacco today and then i'm quitting - got a vape at home etc.

From tomorrow, I'm exercising - my missus who is an exercise/gym freak is going to "personally train" me for want of a better term. 

Might be too late, might only boost my immune system by 0.000001 percent, but it's better than nothing and I have a feeling it'll do my dwindling mental health the world of good.

If I had a quid for everytime I've heard the.... I'll just finish me last few fags then I'm quitting quote! Personally I think vapimg is much safer than the fags, I know there is serious debate on whether it is.... But if all the vapers I've spoke to who, saying they quit fags 12 months ago for it, and now say they know longer are chesty, or indeed have a cough!! So some good signs on that front. 

Good that your other half is into fitness mate. One word of advice from me would be to mix cardio with weights... Ie... Strengthen your heart  and lungs with the cardio and your muscles with the iron, always remember your body works as an whole, so train it as such, never just work on one part! You will feel the benefits instantly from all those extra adrenal hormones mate.. Long term, think 6 months on major health improvements. This is a good point for anyone out there, the fitter you are, the more likely you will recover from anything life throws at you. I'm aware some won't be able to over do it, but just a little helps, even if it's just for the mental side of things, in removing the stress hormones. Perhaps we should now be starting a Netweather keep fit and yoga class at noon everyday!! 

May help us relieve some of that stress folks... And 1-2-3-4.....repeat, and breath!

Edited by Mattwolves
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
1 minute ago, nick sussex said:

Quite a lot of measures in the budget to tackle the economic impact of the virus . The total package is 30 billion pounds.

The next time someone says it’s just the flu point them to this and ask if it was why would the government be spending this money !

Yes - Flu don't cost 30 billion pounds, not even smoking and alcohol misuse combined cost the NHS that much.

• Like 4

Posted
4 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

Yes that is good to see, I'm glad that they are going to do something about business rates. I think the markets will react well to this budget so far.

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, kold weather said:

Yes that is good to see, I'm glad that they are going to do something about business rates. I think the markets will react well to this budget so far.

Curious to see if he mentions any help to airlines, nowt so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
52 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

Indeed!

And, IMO, it's in times like these that we all need to put aside our political differences and work together for the nation as a whole? And, it's good to see that Boris is now showing some of that Churchillian spirit, he so admires...We really are all in this together!

As if people think we are all in this together though Pete? Most people seem to either not care, it won't happen to them, if it gets it gets me, yes I need all this pasta and loo roll, and there is no need to worry. Very self self self.

This is a virus, imagine a war. Can't see people these days digging up their lawns and growing their own and swapping a bunch a carrots for a sack of tatties. People would just go and help them selves to someone elses garden. 

I really don't see much togetherness in this.

• Like 8