Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
7 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Can of worms.... read thread

Great, so now half of parliament probably have it, possibly including some of the cabinet, not good, we need them right now, whether we like their politics or not. 

Posted
1 minute ago, Donegal said:

Norway(360) almost same amount of cases as UK(382). Norway population only 5m. I think UK figures are massively under reported. 

We seem to be behaving more like Netherlands/Belgium, countries in NW Europe. I think its quite believable though with so many countries throgh W/C Europe and Scandinavia now having increasing cases, hard to think us and the former 2 countries mentioned won't race up.

• Like 1

Posted
25 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

The first riot in Tottenham was about a guy that got shot by police, after that it was an excuse used by organised gangs for mass looting. The fires in Croydon, and probably elsewhere, were used to divert police resources away from where the main looting was happening. 

yep known gangster shot by the police! Some excuse that.

Edited by DAVID SNOW

Posted
21 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

The first riot in Tottenham was about a guy that got shot by police, after that it was an excuse used by organised gangs for mass looting. The fires in Croydon, and probably elsewhere, were used to divert police resources away from where the main looting was happening. 

Yep, known gangster shot by the police! Great excuse that.

Posted
3 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Great, so now half of parliament probably have it, possibly including some of the cabinet, not good, we need them right now, whether we like their politics or not. 

It’s so ironic I could laugh....

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

yep know gangster shot by the police, great excuse that!

Yep didn't say it was a good excuse, kept my kids in doors during the Croydon one, not all parents did. 

Posted

Further on Newsnight .

They quoted a health expert who said more testing is like putting the lights on and you can really see what’s happening.  That way you don’t end up in a situation likely Italy.

This does mean there’s likely to be a big jump in cases once those results come through .

I expect panic buying is going to break out big time when that happens .

Edited by nick sussex
  • Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, WillinGlossop said:

How quick will Boris close everything down now at cobra meeting? 

Wonder how long before parliament is quarenteened? 

Posted
4 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

Wow the USA has done 5 tests per million of population v South Korea which has done 3700.

USA cases will now race up, don't be surprised if by raw numbers they aren't much dissimilar to where Italy is by this time next week (though obviously a bigger country population.) as they catch up to where things really are in reality. 

• Like 3

Posted
11 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

Further on Newsnight .

They quoted a health expert who said more testing is like putting the lights on and you can really see what’s happening.  That way you don’t end up in a situation likely Italy.

This does mean there’s likely to be a big jump in cases once those results come through .

I expect panic buying is going to break out big time when that happens .

I’m pleased they’re going to be performing more tests. As I said a few pages back,  ow we have community spread, to mainly be testing those who have come back from abroad is silly - what about those exposed to the people who have travelled?

As you say, we are likely to see an increase in that case but maybe that’ll finally open up the “it’s just the flu” people’s eyes?

• Like 4

Posted
1 minute ago, Donegal said:

Nadine Dorries first felt ill last Friday as she was signing a statutory instrument which made coronavirus a 'notifiable' disease The full symptoms did not kick in until Saturday as she held a constituency surgery in Mid Bedfordshire

Source of Nadine Dorries' coronavirus infection is unknown - she's met hundreds of people over past week and her diary has been back to back She attended No 10 reception hosted by Boris Johnson to mark International Women's Day on Thursday

Given timings she almost certainly would have been ill on Thursday, so therefore in theory half the government should now go into self quarantine and get themselves tested. COBRA meeting may need to be a virtual meeting tomorrow now! 

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, kold weather said:

Given timings she almost certainly would have been ill on Thursday, so therefore in theory half the government should now go into self quarantine and get themselves tested. COBRA meeting may need to be a virtual meeting tomorrow now! 

Yes they can’t give advice to the public then ignore it themselves .

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny
4 minutes ago, kold weather said:

It'll be extraordinary if they quarantine themselves, and extraordinary if they ignore their own advice and don't! Tomorrow is going to be interesting..

• Like 3

Posted
Just now, Stabilo19 said:

It'll be extraordinary if they quarantine themselves, and extraordinary if they ignore their own advice and don't! Tomorrow is going to be interesting..

I mean in fairness they should be able to run government remotely, its been a threat before (for example in Cold War and nuclear fallout scenario) and things have moved along alot technology wise, so I'd imagine in that situation where they do have to quarantine themselves it shouldn't actually make a drastic difference to the government. Might put an end to the parliament meeting though.

Posted

Does anyone know where the daily figures are for how many people have been tested in the uk?

I thought they were on the government’s public health site but can’t seem to find it.

Guest Delete Me
2 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

Does anyone know where the daily figures are for how many people have been tested in the uk?

I thought they were on the government’s public health site but can’t seem to find it.

26,261 Tested

Posted
5 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

opengraph-image-a1f7d89ffd0782738b1aeb0d
WWW.GOV.UK

Find out the number of cases and risk level in the UK, what to do if you’re a returning traveller, and what the government is doing about the virus.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
7 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public

• Like 1

Posted

They've also set up a tracking website

opengraph-image-a1f7d89ffd0782738b1aeb0d
WWW.GOV.UK

Dashboard showing reported cases of coronavirus in the UK, including new cases, cases by upper tier local authority in England and number of deaths.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny
Just now, Summer Sun said:

I feel that cancelling large events (concerts, sports etc.) isn't that effective if public transport is still running.

London underground is the prime example, surely it's a much greater factor for the spread of respiratory illnesses than anything else (~2 million users/day in v. close contact)? Not sure if there's any evidence either way yet though.

• Like 2