Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
Just now, Zak M said:

PSG football player Kylian Mbappé has been tested for the coronavirus. The results are coming tomorrow.

I suspect football in this country will end up being shut down before the offical bodies will due to probably some players eventually catching it, especially as some have quite extravagant lifestyles (not all of course, but it'd only take 1 from a team, or coaching staff to shut the whole club down.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, Spikecollie said:

Monsieur Macron has just finished a teleconference with EU leaders. The EU is working together against the virus including protecting the supply of masks and increasing the number of ventilators available to patients. 100 million € is to be unlocked for research into the disease and for a vaccine.

More and more we need this "working together" mentatlity and solidarity matters when we are faced with a common enemy such as this that does not respect borders, countries or cultures. The UK is included in the measures, by the way, for the moment...

That's a relief, they don't have to include us any more, I'm glad they are. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any kind of extremes. But the more snow the better.
14 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Haha I’m not worried about that - well you know, you’re all great and I genuinely hope you’re all safe, but every time I take a break from the relentless stream of information, I always come back to something increasingly horrifying. It’s genuinely like a horror film coming to life.

My friends and I have always been fascinated by the end of the world (I blame my dad for letting me listen to Jeff Wayne’s musical version of war of the worlds when I was 5) and while I appreciate this likely isn’t the end, it’s ever so spooky. We’ve joked and fantasised about apocalyptic events all our lives - whether it be from zombies or viruses or aliens etc. 

it’s crazy to me looking back to an innocuous WhatsApp message on January the 2nd from my friend saying ‘you heard about this new China flu?’ And my making a corona joke in reply, that here we are just over 2 months later on the verge of basically shutting down the country.

Its all gotten a little too close to home and too much to bear and I know we’re only at the beginning.

We are at the beginning, but it appears that China are close to the end. This is far from the end... Keep reminding yourself that in the bulk of cases it will be mild! And eventually our immune systems will adapt to it overtime. If you have ever watched the film contagion, you will know what a virus that threatens humanity will be killing literally everyone it hosts. Then just imagine if you had airborne virus, to the point of sealing up all windows and doors... This is far from the end young man! Anyway the jehovahs witnesses ain't come knocking yet! In the words of crime watches Nick Ross... Try not to have nightmares. 

Or was that Eric Stanley Taylor of police 5..

Edited by Mattwolves
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

Hmm!

_111214679_mediaitem111214677.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

The town of New Rochelle has a significant cluster of virus cases, according to New York officials.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, kold weather said:

I suspect football in this country will end up being shut down before the offical bodies will due to probably some players eventually catching it, especially as some have quite extravagant lifestyles (not all of course, but it'd only take 1 from a team, or coaching staff to shut the whole club down.

Made this point days ago(sports thread) even if the tea lady tests positive then you can forget about playing behind closed doors.

Personally, the games should continue.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

"Merde"! My département bubble has gone. First confirmed case in a hand ball player in "87" Haute Vienne. A big social and sporting circle. He returned from a match in Dijon and then tested positive...no symptoms, so something going on with travel from nord-est.

Edited by Spikecollie
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
12 minutes ago, Zak M said:

PSG football player Kylian Mbappé has been tested for the coronavirus. The results are coming tomorrow.

Early signs are he will be negative he's reported a sore throat.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snowy Winters, Hot Thundery Summers
4 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Made this point days ago(sports thread) even if the tea lady tests positive then you can forget about playing behind closed doors.

Personally, the games should continue.

I think most clubs from the Championship downwards would go bust if they had an extended period without playing games and having no support. A lot of clubs have bad finances and fans are still their biggest source of income. The premiership will want to keep as much of its money coming in as possible. I expect football to be the last sport to be played behind closed doors here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
14 minutes ago, Zak M said:

Just now, Summer Sun said:

Early signs are he will be negative he's reported a sore throat.

• Like 4

Posted
18 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

I get my relief from all negative things by running with and playing with my dog. My best friend lives for the moment and I try to as well. The intensive exercise focuses your mind and gives you all those great natural relaxation chemicals. Just the interaction between us relaxes me too. Since my OH has been away, Mylo has been sleeping on his half of the bed and all the insomnia/nocturnal anxiety problems that I had to take a week off work for have gone. I'd never say "get a dog" unless you are ready but certainly "be more dog".

Thank you for the reply and advice! I do have a dog, a three year old cocker spaniel called Lola. She is my best friend and the only time I actually manage to break my train of thought is when playing with her!

i might try to take a break over the coming weekend as it’s my birthday too and see if I can recharge my batteries a little. Try to get out in the fresh air etc and forget about it all for a little while. Thanks again!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
5 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

Hmm!

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

The town of New Rochelle has a significant cluster of virus cases, according to New York officials.

I know I mustn't criticise 'The Great One' (for fear of Divine retribution) Spike...but is that not a publicity stunt?:oldlaugh:

• Like 1

Posted
10 hours ago, Weather-history said:

There is a 74 year old US President going to go up against either of 2 men who are not far off 80 years old themselves in an election this year and if the coronavirus takes off in the US.....

It's started, Biden and Sanders campaign teams have cancelled rallies 

Edited by Weather-history
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

• Like 1

Posted
35 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Attachment doesn't work

Does for me. Tap picture and when it opens tap it again and you get report.

if still a problem try this 

WWW.WHO.INT

Situation reports – Situation reports provide the latest updates on the novel coronavirus outbreak. These include updated numbers of infected people and location, and actions that WHO and...

Edited by Snipper
  • Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, nick sussex said:

Unlikely .

Its an indication of what happens when the health system becomes overwhelmed.

Fatality rates go up especially as doctors are now having to make decisions they’d not normally have to .

The psychological damage to many doctors there is going to be huge. Essentially they’re dealing with a war situation where they have to decide with finite resources who will get a ventilator etc .

They know that their decisions mean a likely death sentence for some of their patients.

Its a horrific situation. 

There's always a morphine pump to "ease" respiratory distress, all junior doctors know this all to well

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
3 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Does for me. Tap picture and when it opens tap it again and you get report

Nope. Nothing to tap.

download.png

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Summer Sun said:

Nope. Nothing to tap.

download.png

Try this to get there 

WWW.WHO.INT

Situation reports – Situation reports provide the latest updates on the novel coronavirus outbreak. These include updated numbers of infected people and location, and actions that WHO and...

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Quicksilver1989 said:

I think most clubs from the Championship downwards would go bust if they had an extended period without playing games and having no support. A lot of clubs have bad finances and fans are still their biggest source of income. The premiership will want to keep as much of its money coming in as possible. I expect football to be the last sport to be played behind closed doors here.

Yes it would impact on smaller clubs ho rely on money coming through the gate to pay their players, but i has to be put in to perspective.

The news coming out of Italy is that the death rate has increased significantly as there are not enough ventilators so people are being left to suffocate. There is also talk of this virus mutating in situ, 40% of those hospitalized are under the age of 64.     

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Having a short break from this every so often is definitely a good idea, despite the worries. I did that for a day or two and it helped. Yes, it's the biggest story on the planet, but if you try staying up with it 24/7 you'll become exhausted -- and bluntly, if you do end up getting the virus, being exhausted will mean you're less likely to pull through.

I've made a conscious decision not to keep on checking every single update from everywhere, as it's overwhelming already and will only get more so. I'm sticking with the official sources and just a couple of forums like this, and even the forums only on and off. Not discussing it on social media at all, except in closed groups with people I know and trust. Too much idiocy, too many snap judgements, too much misinformation and even disinformation.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snowy Winters, Hot Thundery Summers
1 minute ago, HighPressure said:

Yes it would impact on smaller clubs ho rely on money coming through the gate to pay their players, but i has to be put in to perspective.

The news coming out of Italy is that the death rate has increased significantly as there are not enough ventilators so people are being left to suffocate. There is also talk of this virus mutating in situ, 40% of those hospitalized are under the age of 64.     

Yeah definitely agree!, just highlighting the reason why sporting events are not being played behind closed doors as of yet...

Posted

Cruise ships unable to dock are the modern version of the plague ships of old.

The face masks used today  are the modern versions of the plague masks of old.

Italy is quarantined, the word "quarantine" is a Venetian variant.

The rise of prejudicism  is the same as the rise of prejudicism during the plagues of old.

Edited by Weather-history
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

My partner has a cough and i asked her to contact 111,the queuing number was 67 and half an hour later 50,now this tells me that people will try to get in touch on this number and because of the waiting time people will just hang up either because they are too busy or haven't got the patience to wait

i think this will be half the problem that the cases are not getting registered/reported

say for instance if you are ready to go to work and haven't got the time or you are picking up your children from school,a meeting etc,this is no excuse,if you have symptoms then you are number one on the priority list to get checked out,this can make a huge difference.

my partner will try again in the morning.

• Like 2

Posted
27 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

Hmm!

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Don't worry, the US Army will Shoot the virus into surrender!!!!!!

2018_9332.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Quicksilver1989 said:

I agree, lots would go under, but with talk of total shutdowns(I don't agree with this reaction btw) it could very well happen and the effect would be economic disaster, think all schools closed, parents not working?/'cant afford child care for weeks, no public transport, people unable to get to work, that kind of scenario every where, then fear and civil unrest takes over.

Lets hope Uk Gov  continues to be directed by our experts, CMO and his qualified team.