Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

School closures, bit by bit, now being mooted by the gorvernment here in France...

1 minute ago, Allseasons-si said:

Luna was 60+kg she was like a lioness

we have a female cat now,no trouble what so ever

stay safe over there and keep the reports coming in,the more info the better.

Hugs and kisses to you three. I'll keep posting and Mylo sends his love...he has lots of it!

• Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, Spikecollie said:

Don't just stop - it could be dangerous for you

This, definatly this!

The sister of my own sister's fiancé passed away last year, she was an alcoholic and went into rehab and cleaned herself up, was keeping it under control for 2 years but ended up having a relapse and then a couple weeks later decided to stop drinking altogether.  She was in a coma within 48 hours then died the next day.

Completely stopping drinking when your body is essentially used to a continuous high level of alcohol is deadly, so anyone that decides to do so need to do so gradually, it's probably why it's more difficult than giving up cig's, the temptation is always there. (and at least with cig's going cold turkey won't kill you, even if it does make you feel like it is doing  )

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
2 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

School closures, bit by bit, now being mooted by the gorvernment here in France...

Hugs and kisses to you three. I'll keep posting and Mylo sends his love...he has lots of it!

They should be thinking of this here,my daughter came home with a cough this afternoon,i just hope it is just that.

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, northwestsnow said:

Italy officially paralyzed.

Will that country ever recover? Remember, it's not stable, politically to begin with and it's a social minefield with much "richesse" but also much, much poverty.

"I remember the back streets of Naples
Two children begging in rags
Both touched with a burning ambition
To shake off their lowly-born tags..."

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Putting aside political 'preferences' i hope the medical advisers to the govt are the ones leading the UK 'response'.

It would have been interesting to get an understanding of what containment means when flights continue to come into the UK from Italy without any checks.

Posted

They should be thinking of this here,my daughter came home with a cough this afternoon,i just hope it is just that.

It will be. As I keep reassuring my clients, it's still rampant 'flu and cold season...

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

And yet here in the UK, nothing.

How many flights arrived in the UK from Italy today?

I hope the UK government know what they're doing.

Italy had fewer cases than the UK last week and look how that has escalated!

they should of acted sooner in my book,i fear that the UK could be in this scenario come next week or the week after,MADNESS.

Posted

Italy had fewer cases than the UK last week and look how that has escalated!

they should of acted sooner in my book,i fear that the UK could be in this scenario come next week or the week after,MADNESS.

So far we've been fairly lucky that we've not seen a quick rise, however Spain today has proved things can really rapidly escalate once it hits a certain point. Hopefully we don't have a similar day over the next week.

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Donegal said:

Countries in Europe need to take extraordinary measures now or end up like Italy. Be proactive not reactive. Fanny about and you'll up in total lock down regardless. 

What do you propose?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather
1 minute ago, Donegal said:

Countries in Europe need to take extraordinary measures now or end up like Italy. Be proactive not reactive. Fanny about and you'll up in total lock down regardless. 

Indeed. Acting as fast as we can is the best option for situations like these.

Not acting fast enough will definitely de-escalate the situation!

Posted
1 hour ago, Spikecollie said:

Vitamins in bulk and taken as artificial supplements are rarely the answer. Vitamins and minerals need others to be absorbed properly and to do their jobs (I'm keeping this simple). Most of what you need you will get from a good diet but there would probably be no harm in taking a multivitamin supplement if your diet is/has been lacking. No vitamin will stop an infection. They are just chemicals that help our cells regerenate and keep our bodies in optimum condition to maintain health and fight infection. You might not like those foods now but little and often and you will acquire a taste. Your body will soon tell you what it likes and dislikes and before long you'll be eating just what you need not what you want or crave.

You mentioned before that you drink a lot of alcohol. Eggs have a lot of cysteine which is very good for your liver. Go easy on vitamin C, it is hard on your liver.

I went through a very dark period several years ago where I was drinking too much because I was depressed and anxious. My wake up call was a blood test which showed elevated liver enzymes and I never looked back. I don't drink any alcohol now and have never felt better. I run, cycle and do Canicross. I have super blood pressure, no liver problems and a very healthy heart! Go for it...

you need to be very careful with supplement, you never know exactly what you are getting. They may contain cyanocobalamine instead of methylcobalamine put even more stress on your methyl stores, especially if you, like many europeans, you have an mthfr mutation.

If your liver is damaged you should also be very careful with supplements containing retinol (vitaminA)

Posted
2 minutes ago, Zak M said:

Indeed. Acting as fast as we can is the best option for situations like these.

Not acting fast enough will definitely de-escalate the situation!

Doing what, though, as I asked just before?

• Like 2

Posted
22 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

It is official probably the last time we had measures like this was during Black Death? Even during Spanish flu I don’t believe countries were locked down.

Looking at the number of deaths they've had in the last 24 hours it equates to almost 1 every 15 mins! and it's only going to get worse   About time they got their heads out of there backsides and started to actually do something. 

Though any bet there will still be planes going in and out of the country tomorrow...  

• Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

What do you propose?

We are always being told how close our links are to the rest of Europe and how we are all Europeans, now is the time to show that by a Europe wide lockdown.

Posted

Mylo and I are going to bed.

Snuggle up and sleep well everyone.

• Like 5

Posted

Is anyone else like me? They really want to take a break from the internet because they know it’s unhealthy and doing their anxiety no favours but every time they do manage to take a break they come back to something even more remarkable every time? It’s exhausting.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy
5 minutes ago, HighPressure said:

We are always being told how close our links are to the rest of Europe and how we are all Europeans, now is the time to show that by a Europe wide lockdown.

Or now is a time when not being part of Europe and being on an island is helping...

If the gov went to the same lengths as Italy at any stage it will cause serious problems.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Azazel said:

Is anyone else like me? They really want to take a break from the internet because they know it’s unhealthy and doing their anxiety no favours but every time they do manage to take a break they come back to something even more remarkable every time? It’s exhausting.

I am hooked and we all should be regardless of how unhealthy and exhausting it is,it is vital information that is vital

• Like 1

Posted

I am hooked and we all should be regardless of how unhealthy and exhausting it is,it is vital information that is vital

It’s literally consumed me. It’s all I talk about now. It’s not doing my mental health any favours at all. I just hope at some point there’s a bit of a reprieve.

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

That is good news but what about from other infected countries?

Edited by Allseasons-si
typo
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

I wonder how my "Treat it like it's here right now!" posts from the back end of last week will age?

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Allseasons-si said:

That's is good news but what about from other infected countries?

My friends escaped the country shutdown by 12 hours. Whether they self isolate or not now remains to be seen.

• Like 1