Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.
23 minutes ago, Astral Goat Juice said:

This is a pretty powerful read from a Surgeon. in Italy.

Original link for those that speak Italian.

ca92ecfe-6097-11ea-8d61-438e0a276fc4.jpg
BERGAMO.CORRIERE.IT

Una testimonianza importante sulla reale portata del coronavirus e sui medici in trincea per far fronte all’emergenza.

Gosh, read the translation and it is very grim.  And sadly, what he said will probably happen here.  

• Like 2

Posted

Phase 3 clinical trials (the last phase) have begun for antiviral Remdesevir against coronavirus, with results expected on 27th April. This drug has been shown to effectively inhibit the novel coronavirus at low concentrations in cell culture. As it is an existing antiviral (used, but failed against Ebola), if it were to hopefully succeed and show some sort of significant reduction in symptoms in the trial it should be available for mass use very quickly. I believe China has trials ongoing for this too.

Edited by Snowy L
  • Like 9

Posted
Just now, Weather-history said:

I wonder what is going on in North Korea? 

Good question...

Hard to believe the virus won't have landed there too..

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

From the sounds of it, the Italian "quarantine zones" are anything but quarantined.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, snefnug said:

Gosh, read the translation and it is very grim.  And sadly, what he said will probably happen here.  

Very grim and very sad, especially for the Doctors and Nurses when he puts it all into perspective like that. He also expresses how peeved they get when people comment "It's just the flu" or "it's just like the flu" and then you have this line and you can hear his anger:

there is the diagnosis, which is always the same: bilateral interstitial pneumonia. Now, tell me which flu virus causes such a rapid tragedy.

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Nick L said:

From the sounds of it, the Italian "quarantine zones" are anything but quarantined.

You're never going to get the discipline seen in Chinese people in the West. Too many "I know my rights" type idiots.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
5 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Don't think we will ever find out!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
5 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

The Great Leader has ordered that each peasant must donate 1 toilet-roll to him, each week?

• Like 4

Posted
5 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Good question...

Hard to believe the virus won't have landed there too..

Many experts think they are struggling   hence  the Missile tests 

• Like 3

Posted

1112 cases now confirmed in germany

In a bid to slow contagion, Health Minister Jens Spahn has called for gatherings of more than 1,000 people to be scrapped, which could affect many events including Bundesliga football matches.

Edited by weirpig
  • Like 1

Posted

In regards to North korea

Coronavirus may have killed almost 200 soldiers in North Korea amid suspicions of a major outbreak.

So many soldiers have died that there are “just too many bodies” to be cremated, and military leaders have ordered all corpses to be disinfected.

North Korea has insisted it is coronavirus-free, tightened its borders and forced foreign visitors or diplomats to quarantine for a month.

But sources claim the virus has been spreading through the country and Kim Jong-un’s regime executed an official who violated a quarantine after returning from China.

• Like 1

Posted

wow, we got this under control NOT! 

Posted

Further news from France

A Disneyland Paris maintenance worker tested positive for coronavirus over the weekend.

The company confirmed the positive test in a statement - and said is now checking other staff.

The theme park will remain open for now, it added.

• Like 1

Posted

One more piece of news   which shows how dangerous it can become.

A worker at Southampton University Hospital has tested positive for coronavirus.

The employee worked a single shift at the hospital’s surgical high dependency unit last Friday.

The unit is now temporarily closed and the worker is in isolation at home.

A spokesman said: “The surgical high dependency unit is temporarily closed to new admissions. Any patient affected by the temporary closure will be contacted directly.

Posted

The European Centre for Disease Control urging the UK government to act now as it has an advantage in less cases and can learn from the mistakes in other European countries .

I know some might see this as meddling but I think it’s clear the UK has got time and an advantage and really needs to use it. Failing to learn from the tragic lessons of other countries really would be unacceptable to the UK public .

• Like 5

Posted

My bubble has burst! 

_97176213_breaking_news_bigger.png
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Health officials confirm another two cases of the virus - taking the number to six in Wales.

Posted

Riot breaks out at Italian prison leaving six dead

Six prisoners have died after a riot broke out at a prison in Italy when staff introduced measures to tackle coronavirus.

About 60 inmates in Modena, Italy, set fire to the prison during the uprising that went on for hours, according to officials.

The incident was sparked after family and friends were barred from visiting over fear of spreading the “flu-like illness”.

The revolt started at about 2pm local time on Sunday and went on into the night.

Some tried to escape before order was restored and prisoners were returned to their cells.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
2 hours ago, saint said:

This country is losing its collective tiny mind. Our local Tesco had no toilet roll, pasta or flour yesterday, yet as you say boxes of tissues are untouched. 

I feel for retail staff. I know some people connected to another high street supermarket and they’re reporting customers kicking off at those working on the shop floor because there isn’t enough loo roll etc, or are going in to stores and attempting to buy seventy bottles of sanitiser and are reacting badly when they find out that’s not possible. 

I can well believe it. I left that monster since becoming a Mother, but after being a Checkout Supervisor for 5 of the years I worked in retain, I can safety say what of load of tossers the general public are.  (Still have a scar on my leg after being rammed by a customer's trolley because' i was walking too slow'  rather than say excuse me)

The filter not working? 

Edited by Dami
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Even my little local Coop which I've use for years has a maximum level of things you can buy now ☹

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
36 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

The European Centre for Disease Control urging the UK government to act now as it has an advantage in less cases and can learn from the mistakes in other European countries .

I know some might see this as meddling but I think it’s clear the UK has got time and an advantage and really needs to use it. Failing to learn from the tragic lessons of other countries really would be unacceptable to the UK public .

The question of course is what and how long for.

We may be able to shut down cities in theory but with France, Italy and Germany out of control we'd have to keep it up for months or risk a new outbreak.

The same applies to the border. We can close it off but we already have local transmission and until the rest of Europe sorts itself we'd have to persist.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

So today's COBRA meeting will consider options. I fully expect a further meeting in a few days to consider the considerations. Then a final meeting to implement watered down versions of the considerations.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
52 minutes ago, weirpig said:

In regards to North korea

Coronavirus may have killed almost 200 soldiers in North Korea amid suspicions of a major outbreak.

So many soldiers have died that there are “just too many bodies” to be cremated, and military leaders have ordered all corpses to be disinfected.

North Korea has insisted it is coronavirus-free, tightened its borders and forced foreign visitors or diplomats to quarantine for a month.

But sources claim the virus has been spreading through the country and Kim Jong-un’s regime executed an official who violated a quarantine after returning from China.

So it may be killing young fit people? 

Forget I said that, best not to speculate on something where no real info is available. 

Posted
40 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

See Summer Blizzard's reply below, Nick. What can 'we' do? Do we stop all travel in and out of UK? What about transport of goods, food, etc? Tube travel? If London 'closed' we'd be absolutely shafted. 

Testing at airports for all travellers? Sheer numbers would mean this would be nigh on impossible.