Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
1 minute ago, bobbarley said:

Pity, as a Liverpool fan, that it wasn’t cancelled before last night

Its even more a pity Alisson wasn't in goal.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
2 minutes ago, bobbarley said:

Pity, as a Liverpool fan, that it wasn’t cancelled before last night

You’d better hope we don’t cancel the remaining Premier League fixtures and declare this season null and void!

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
8 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Spain have reported 2,968 new cases. 84 new deaths were announed earlier.

That's surely the total number.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Football in the main leagues

• Serie A - suspended
  • La Liga - suspended
  • Ligue 1 - played behind closed doors
  • Primeira Liga (Portugal) - played behind closed doors
  • Bundesliga - some fixtures behind closed doors
  • Premier League - fixtures as normal

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes
7 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

Some of the questions being asked by the public on this sky news panel show are atrocious and makes people sound so thick, that's not the worse bit though...the so called expert in the studio is clueless.

Is it ok to eat chicken

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

The Scottish government is to advise that gatherings of more than 500 people be cancelled from next week.

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said this was to free up emergency services, including police and ambulance crews, to deal with coronavirus.

Ms Sturgeon said the move was an attempt to "protect" the "resilience" of essential staff.

She added it was not necessary to close schools and universities yet, but said that advice would remain under review.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

All schools, nurseries and universities in the Madrid region shut until 23rd March. All gatherings of more than 1,000 people banned. Other regions in Spain expected to follow.

• Like 1

Posted

Belgium our closest current analog in terms of numbers, has recorded 85 new cases, their biggest daily increase so far. 

I'd be surprised if we are below 100 today, and to be honest, the only reason maybe if we still aren't testing enough or the glut hasn't gone through yet.

• Like 1

Guest Delete Me

29 new deaths and 687 new cases in Spain.

• 2,968 Total
  • Deaths: 84
  • ICU: 126
Edited by Delete Me

Posted
4 minutes ago, Beverley Lass said:

The Scottish government is to advise that gatherings of more than 500 people be cancelled from next week.

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said this was to free up emergency services, including police and ambulance crews, to deal with coronavirus.

Ms Sturgeon said the move was an attempt to "protect" the "resilience" of essential staff.

She added it was not necessary to close schools and universities yet, but said that advice would remain under review.

Eh  But schools are gatherings of 500 people 

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

29 new deaths and 687 new cases in Spain.

• 2,968 Total
  • Deaths: 84
  • ICU: 126

Its looking really bad in Spain..

Dreading Italys numbers..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Looks like we are going to dilly dally for a while at.

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, The PIT said:

Looks like we are going to dilly dally for a while at.

Unfortunately we are going to be looking back at this as a failed opportunity. I fear we may well end up getting well into the thousands of deaths by the mid April at this rate because we just haven't taken it seriously enough.

• Like 2

Posted

The 'herd immunity' strategy will likely continue to be followed by the UK govt; the narrative is that science will continue to shape policy.

Interesting that it is in direct contrast to a number of other countries. But like i posted earlier i dont see the point in closing schools if parents then choose to take their little darlings to shops, cinema, mcdonalds, etc.

One of ITV's 'expert' contributors said on the lunchtime news, what happens if those children are palmed off on grandparents for childcare because of sudden school closure, and those children are already 'spreaders'? Yes, grandparents, many at an increased risk, because of age, of catching the blimin' virus.

Edited by Bristle boy
  • Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, weirpig said:

What a year so far its  been   Constant talk of wars.  Fires raging over Austrailia    Floods,  Plague of locusts in Africa.   A asteroid to skim the earth in April  and a pandemic    Jeez 

*Dons doomsday clapperboard* *rings bell* The end times are upon us! Repent ye sinners!"

2018_9334.jpg

• Like 4

Posted

By the way, the daily total is already nearly at 3,000...for reference the daily total just a week ago was 3,100. So within 13hrs of the day we've already nearly matched it, and that is without many afternoon European updates, nor anything from Italy or France...

Logarithmic graph showing something of an upswing again suggesting we back heading towards exponential growth again globally, not there yet obviously, but its bend that way...

Posted
6 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

The 'herd immunity' strategy will likely continue to be followed by the UK govt; the narrative is that science will continue to shape policy.

Interesting that it is in direct contrast to a number of other countries. But like i posted earlier i dont see the point in closing schools if parents then choose to take their little darlings to shops, cinema, mcdonalds, etc.

Yes it seems that way. I suppose my quesiton would be why is nearly every other European government taking a different approach? Is it purely an econmic consideration (IE to allow people to keep working for as long as possible?) that we are not following. I mean given our economies size and the fact our SSP is a joke probably a factor in their minds?

Closing schools is a tricky one, but I think we will soon get to the point where those shops, cinemas will be SHUT as well, much like they are in Italy and soon in Madrid as well.

i'm not sure we are quite there either, but there really does need to be something done with regards to stopping gatherings.

Edited by kold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Posted
2 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Yes it seems that way. I suppose my quesiton would be why is nearly every other European government taking a different approach? Is it purely an econmic consideration (IE to allow people to keep working for as long as possible?) that we are not following. I mean given our economies size and the fact our SSP is a joke probably a factor in their minds?

Closing schools is a tricky one, but I think we will soon get to the point where those shops, cinemas will be SHUT as well, much like they are in Italy and soon in Madrid as well.

If they are TRULY following the science, via their advisory panel of.....erm.....scientists, then that is why the UK is doing what it's doing. As for the economy ref, most of Europe's economies were in a worse state than ours, before this crisis even kicked off.

Edited by Bristle boy
  • Like 1