Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted

Many movies are going to get delayed as well soon I'd have thought, for example Mulan, Black Widow movie, 1984 Wonder woman, etc. Can't imagine they will release it when half of the markets will be banned from going to the cinema.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

Has he been told he will have to go in even if they close?

I don't think so. He's in bed right now, so I can't ask.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

The CEO of NHS providers on newsnight says they can increase ICU beds 6-fold if they have to..

Is there a secret stash of ventilators somewhere? We're talking thousands more beds, mechanical ventilators and other critical care equipment. 

There could be some reshuffling of equipment sure, but not on that scale surely?

Edited by Stabilo19
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: ☀️
1 minute ago, Stabilo19 said:

The CEO of NHS providers on newsnight says they can increase ICU beds 6-fold if they have to..

Is there a secret stash of ventilators somewhere? We're talking thousands more beds, mechanical ventilators and other critical care equipment. 

There could be some reshuffling of equipment sure, but not on that scale surely?

I bet they don’t even have enough oxygen

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.
1 hour ago, Daniel* said:

I’ve dealt with a lot of anxiety in my life from a very young age very bad at times, but it is interesting I’m not the slightest bit anxious about this personally, maybe I’m desensitised now... and after seeing constant numbers rolling in you do need to remember they are human lives, but it is harder to stand up and notice until it directly or indirectly affects you in your bubble. I haven’t been in control over certain things in past but there are things you can do about this. Don’t touch your mouth and keep washing those hands. Of course it doesn’t just depend on what you do, so that seems it’s clear that is giving you anxiety in a work setting which makes you more vulnerable but I believe the risk is still low as long as you do your own efforts. A little perspective CC you are young, you will survive. We will all look back and take something from this, society may benefit in long term. We need to appreciate more what we have and what can so easily be lost for example footy.. and I really hope this changes attitudes on elderly we need to put my value on older generation. Maybe, this will make people rethink and become more selfless as folks parents/grandparents and neighbours/friends need our help the most with the times ahead. 

My utmost respect for this post.

Posted
42 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

Raide the army med tents ect i guess either that are raid the privet health care....

Posted

Interesting poll of experts. WHO continue to believe that we are catching most cases though. That difference in opinion needs to be resolved asap for clarity and future planning.

Edited by Snowy L
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 hours ago, Daniel* said:

Very bad findings for poorly ventilated London Underground! 

So it is air born, great. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 hours ago, matt111 said:

Not sure this has been mentioned but another case confirmed in a care home 

Xoh no, I hope the USA care home scenario doesn't happen here, that would be awful. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
10 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

So it is air born, great. 

knew it all along, how an earth would it spread like it is if not, world health organisation want shooting for saying its not.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
2 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

knew it all along, how an earth would it spread like it is if not, world health organisation want shooting for saying its not.

There will be political motivations Feb. I had a feeling things were being played down as to avoid mass panic...the Italy situation has revealed the horrifying truth however.

• Like 5

Posted

No one has learnt, it’s just been declared a pandemic.... a lot of hype and scaremongering... Europe is learning from Italy’s contagion and experiences... the USA is ignoring the world atm apart from its economic stimulus oh well 

• Like 1

Posted

In his address to the nation on Wednesday, President Trump announced that in an effort to stop new coronavirus cases from entering the United States all travel from Europe to the United States would be suspended for 30 days, beginning Friday at midnight. “There will be exemptions for Americans who have undergone appropriate screenings and these prohibitions will not only apply to the tremendous amount of trade and cargo, but to various other things as we get approval,” Trump said. “Anything coming from Europe to the United States is what we are discussing.” The president added that the restrictions would not affect travel from the United Kingdom.

Fab. Even though the UK is currently exempt, this is going to further affect my business, as US customers will just assume we're included.

• Like 2