Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

Macron's address is tomorrow night at 20h00 and not tonight. The news feed I have been watching has been corrected.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

If a job sufficiently compromises (and this is a subjective perception/decision) your own mental or physical health - then stuff the job, frankly.

But some surely hang on and do their best whatever the circumstances.?

• Like 1

Posted

Donald's going to make a declaration this evening (US time).

Posted
3 minutes ago, Snipper said:

But some surely hang on and do their best whatever the circumstances.?

It depends on the criticality of the job. Hanging in there as a doctor in an emergency situation is different to hanging in there in a supermarket. Jobs have a psychological as well as a legal/paperwork contract and sometimes the mental balance just doesn't add up in a person's mind...

Edited by Spikecollie
  • Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

"We have it under control, we have the best control"

The sad thing is he said something similar in late February and they would have 0 cases soon...yes that has gone wrong. Time to get a real grip on it from Trump and actually deal with it, instead of wishing it away.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
7 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

We're doing greeeaaat, hooooj. There's no Wujanfluwhatsit here...Fake noooooze!

• Like 5

Posted
1 minute ago, Spikecollie said:

What this pandemic is open?

1 minute ago, Spikecollie said:

It depends on the criticality of the job. Hanging in there as a doctor in an emergency situation is different to hanging in there in a supermarket. Jobs have a psychological as well as a legal/paperwork contract and sometimes the mental balance just doesn't add up in a person's mind...

So those who who don’t give up, however difficult things are, are the same as those who shut the supermarket because it has become a bit of an aggravation? I know who I would want with me In a crisis. I find it difficult to get my head round that everyone should be equal in these circumstances. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
5 minutes ago, kold weather said:

"We have it under control, we have the best control"

The sad thing is he said something similar in late February and they would have 0 cases soon...yes that has gone wrong. Time to get a real grip on it from Trump and actually deal with it, instead of wishing it away.

I’d be surprised if we even got that. The reality will probably be more like it was ‘xyz’s’ fault and continue to do very little...

• Like 4

Posted
Just now, Spikecollie said:

Is he going to ban us! 

At least if he shuts the borders he can’t blame the rest of the world for the emerging disaster in his own country .

• Like 5

Posted

EU considering altering their airline slot rules.  Good for environment? 

rcom-default.png
UK.REUTERS.COM

The European Union will suspend a rule requiring airlines to run most of their scheduled services or else forfeit landing slots, to give carriers some breathing space as the coronavirus crisis deepens...

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, Mattwolves said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned on here yet, but I'm hearing getafe are refusing to travel to Italy for there Europa league match tomorrow, and basically saying to UEFA kick us out of the competition if you want to! And I would just like to say there is some absolutely fabulous posts and reports coming from you guys on all of this. 

I mean its not going to be finished this season anyway, so its kind of a pointless exercise now given most of europe is about to go into lockdown in the next 7-14 days, quite possibly including the UK.

I think the Roma match is off as well in the Euopa League tomorrow as well.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
4 minutes ago, Mattwolves said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned on here yet, but I'm hearing getafe are refusing to travel to Italy for there Europa league match tomorrow, and basically saying to UEFA kick us out of the competition if you want to! And I would just like to say there is some absolutely fabulous posts and reports coming from you guys on all of this. 

I had relatives come to visit earlier this afternoon, and said to my aunty I hope you haven't brought the virus here with you, king of in a light hearted way! The response I got shocked me... She replied are you saying we should go.. And to put it mildly... To P off... What a load of rubbish all this is... And it's just a cold... A bit of a slanging match ensued I can tell you! It's only the elderly who die she said... Funny thing is, she's nearly 77,ok granted, she's in decent health, but I remarked your in that elderly risk group... Again she didn't like it! 

What I'm now seeing is a fair few of the older generations being completely ignorant to the situation unfolding around them!! It's like we have lived through worse... This is nothing! I've also had this problem with other older family members, I just can't seem to drum the message home... And it's so bloody frustrating. Anyway to cut this short, I quickly disinfected the entire house when they left.. Good god if only my auntie new this or indeed read this forum, I can safely say she wouldn't return to this house again. 

Anyway peeps, has hard at it can be, please keep trying to drum the message home with your loved ones and especially vulnerable elderly.. That simply this is no minor sniffle to be laughed at. I think I heard someone say earlier how many more cases there will be tommoro and when a lockdown will occur.... This is something that can't be treated has a completion.... And remember... Never assume anything.... Because it can most definitely make an ASS OUT OF YOU AND ME!! 

Have to say that there is no ignorance as to the danger round here with the amount of over 60's in tesco's on lunchtimes last friday - up about 300% from a usual friday. the ignorance as to what to buy (ie - toilet roll) is there but the ignorance as to whether this danger is real or not is certainly absent from here -  i did do a stupid last night myself and now regret it.

• Like 1

Posted

The situation in France is quite complicated because there are large clusters in some regions and depts and others have hardly any .

They have put quite a lot of restrictions in those areas .

It’s probably likely that with the age of the internet and the wall to wall media coverage a lot of the public if at all possible will be avoiding those areas .

Which might in turn help to stop a rapid rise in the areas least effected. 

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Joneseye said:

Link please?

Sorry, it's in French but from BFMTV live and I've done a quick translation:

"Les Etats-Unis envisagent d'interdire l'entrée aux voyageurs venant d'Europe (the US envisages prohibiting entry to travellercoming from Europe)

Les Etats-Unis envisagent d'interdire l'entrée sur leur territoire aux voyageurs venant d'Europe en raison du coronavirus, comme ils l'ont déjà fait pour les personnes en provenance de Chine, a déclaré mercredi un haut responsable américain. ([...]like they did for China)

"Nous nous posons la question de comment traiter l'Europe dans son ensemble", a dit le responsable du département de la Sécurité intérieure, Ken Cuccinelli, lors d'une audition parlementaire. (we ask the question how we treat Europe as whole)

Il a souligné que les consignes déjà renforcées ne permettaient "pas encore" de "bloquer les voyageurs" en provenance du Vieux continent. "Mais nous l'envisageons", a-t-il ajouté." (we hope measures now strengthened will not make this happen yet but we envisage it will happen)

16e238343042537ecc1494996950f.png
WWW.BFMTV.COM

Suivez en direct les derniers bilans et informations sur l'épidémie de coronavirus.

• Like 1

Posted
29 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

Macron's address is tomorrow night at 20h00 and not tonight. The news feed I have been watching has been corrected.

19.00 uk time?

Posted
2 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

The situation in France is quite complicated because there are large clusters in some regions and depts and others have hardly any .

They have put quite a lot of restrictions in those areas .

It’s probably likely that with the age of the internet and the wall to wall media coverage a lot of the public if at all possible will be avoiding those areas .

Which might in turn help to stop a rapid rise in the areas least effected. 

I was thinking that way too. Hopefully people will be savvy about internal travel.

With the case in Limoges, I'm now on bigger towns then villages bubble....

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Snipper said:

19.00 uk time?

Yes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

It's been a pandemic for ages, would really like to know what took the who so long in saying so. 

• Like 4

Posted
9 minutes ago, kold weather said:

I mean its not going to be finished this season anyway, so its kind of a pointless exercise now given most of europe is about to go into lockdown in the next 7-14 days, quite possibly including the UK.

I think the Roma match is off as well in the Euopa League tomorrow as well.

The whole of Europe is not going into lockdown imminently. A lot of the cases in  France, for example, are very clustered and localised and action may well be taken around them but for those outside these areas, life goes on as normal.

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

The whole of Europe is not going into lockdown imminently. A lot of the cases in  France, for example, are very clustered and localised and action may well be taken around them but for those outside these areas, life goes on as normal.

This is why it's spreading like wildfire.

We have a few cases in our borough, and now one death...surely this merits some sort of action??

• Like 1

Posted

A nice piece of news from Italy:

"The Italian government’s decision to put the whole country in lockdown has prompted 200 student volunteers in the northern region of Veneto to “adopt” residents who need help going to the supermarket or pharmacy." (Source: BBC live)

• Like 7