Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
Just now, Snowy L said:

Wasn't there a rise of 30 in London yesterday? I know testing is limited but still no sign of a big rise in a specific region so no cluster emerged yet.

Yes. Was +30 yesterday.

• Like 2

Posted

Adding up the England data that's 63 new cases in the 24 hours to 9am which is +11 to 9am yesterday

The other 19 cases are from Wales, Scotland and NI who announce data at different times to England.

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather, thunderstorms, snow
1 hour ago, Mattwolves said:

If I had a quid for everytime I've heard the.... I'll just finish me last few fags then I'm quitting quote! Personally I think vapimg is much safer than the fags, I know there is serious debate on whether it is.... But if all the vapers I've spoke to who, saying they quit fags 12 months ago for it, and now say they know longer are chesty, or indeed have a cough!! So some good signs on that front. 

Good that your other half is into fitness mate. One word of advice from me would be to mix cardio with weights... Ie... Strengthen your heart  and lungs with the cardio and your muscles with the iron, always remember your body works as an whole, so train it as such, never just work on one part! You will feel the benefits instantly from all those extra adrenal hormones mate.. Long term, think 6 months on major health improvements. This is a good point for anyone out there, the fitter you are, the more likely you will recover from anything life throws at you. I'm aware some won't be able to over do it, but just a little helps, even if it's just for the mental side of things, in removing the stress hormones. Perhaps we should now be starting a Netweather keep fit and yoga class at noon everyday!! 

May help us relieve some of that stress folks... And 1-2-3-4.....repeat, and breath!

Fantastic post as always Matt although it’s worth pointing out that high intensity weight and cardio training is incredibly taxing on our bodies and immune systems and for those not used to such training it can cause a weakening of the immune system.

Sorry if off topic but just thought it’s worth pointing this out in case some rush to the gym and start slamming metal in the hope of strengthening their defences. ??‍♂️

Key point is to not go too hard when starting off. Generally hitting the gym hard wouldn’t be an issue but right now it’s in our interests to maintain our immune system. 

• Like 4

Posted
Just now, Mixer 85 said:

Fantastic post as always Matt although it’s worth pointing out that high intensity weight and cardio training is incredibly taxing on our bodies and immune systems and for those not used to such training it can cause a weakening of the immune system.

Sorry if off topic but just thought it’s worth pointing this out in case some rush to the gym and start slamming metal in the hope of strengthening their defences. ??‍♂️

Key point is to not go too hard when starting off. Generally hitting the gym hard wouldn’t be an issue but right now it’s in our interests to maintain our immune system. 

Good post. Too much training means your bod is almost forever in state of 'breakdown' (not the anxiety, mental state by the way), and more prone to picking up viruses. Anyone remember Seb Coe (80s), top top runner? He was forever coming down with colds, due to constant training.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings
9 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Was reading that China are sending help to Italy now they're on top of things. Amongst the stuff they're sending is 1000 ventilators.

I hope they are on top of things. Whatever you think of the regime there, it's crucial for the world economy that they get back to something like normality as quickly as possible.

• Like 3

Posted
11 minutes ago, Mixer 85 said:

No worries, just going for some walks and the odd gentle jog will be a start! haha

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, weirpig said:

image.thumb.png.6e7c08ae797c9d8f3f48a98dc6e844a5.png

If the UK was doing more testing then I would say it was slowing down 

But there's a chance with more testings then the cases will as well

Posted
21 minutes ago, Gray-Wolf said:

This is a 'novel' virus to Humanity, H1N1 in 1918 was a 'Novel' Virus to the Human population.

When we look at data we are always 'gazing back into the past history of Covid-19' never a 'snapshot' of right now?

It would be like declaring, in October 1918, That the 'Spanish Flu' was only taking the old and infirm?

The statement was true in Aug 1918 but there's a lot changes with 'novel' virii settling in to a new host eh?

Looking at Italy ,and the CFR there?, I have to wonder if maybe Wuhan 2019 has met up with Iran 2020 and they did the old 'Recombination Shuffle'

History 'loves to repeat itself ' and, we all know just what happened to H1N1 (with its 'Drift' whilst on its 'Jollies' to Europe over spring/summer 1918?) when it then was forcibly returned back to the U.S. camps that gave birth to it it and so ran into the original Clade of H1N1, Recombined with it ,and the rest , as they say , is 'History'.....

With at least 4 'drifted' versions of Covid-2019 in circulation (Wuhan,S.Korean,Iranian, N.Italian) when do two 'distinct Flavours' meet up in a host and 'recombine'? 

The changes from 'recombination' can be much greater than the slow ,evolutionary, drift of the virus as it moves from host to host?

EDIT: The U.S. Presidents 'take' on Covid-19;

image.thumb.png.35453f8f2c58e4b514ff4344f401caa8.png

Hi GW, in comparison to Influenza, recombination is not a process that will regular happen to SARS-Cov-2. 

It's not impossible, it can happen with any single strand RNA virus, it is just a very unlikely occurrence in what is still an exceptionally small host population size.  Influenza is a segmented single strand RNA virus, this segmentation leaves it much more susceptible to recombination events, as  segments can be switched about.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any kind of extremes. But the more snow the better.
13 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Good post. Too much training means your bod is almost forever in state of 'breakdown' (not the anxiety, mental state by the way), and more prone to picking up viruses. Anyone remember Seb Coe (80s), top top runner? He was forever coming down with colds, due to constant training.

Oh guys, I'm completely with you on this. I mentioned training in general will greatly improve your health... But there is a fine line between enough, and to much! Hitting the wall and breaking through it constantly will know doubt run your CNS down, and immunity levels. Recovery becomes very important, so does diet and sleep! And keep in mind it takes quite a bit of training for your body to become accustomed to it.. This is why anabolic users never over train, your body is in high gear 24/7..to much training will lead to cortisol levels increasing which can have a negative impact on immune system! So take it easy guys... Sorry for off topic mods, and just to say I'm deeply concerned with today's increase and the fact testing will be going up 10 fold! It's quite possible we could be seeing infected rates go up by several hundred before much longer. It's now about time this Government moved to the next stage, and prompto! 

Edited by Mattwolves
  • Like 4

Posted

Matt the increase in testing is leading  us to the next phase which will inc avoiding public transport and social distancing IMO..(and likely closing of schools).

That in no way diminishes the utter insanity of Cheltenham.

• Like 5

Posted
10 minutes ago, Azazel said:

No worries, just going for some walks and the odd gentle jog will be a start! haha

Get an allotment!! (I'm like an allotment pusher I know - but it benefits your physical and emotional health in so many ways - and it helped me give up smoking!).

I see Wexham Park Hospital in Slough has a case now.

WWW.BUCKSFREEPRESS.CO.UK

A patient at Wexham Park Hospital has tested positive for coronavirus - shutting down its elderly care ward.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms
50 minutes ago, weirpig said:

So as a rough figure  the amount of people tested  to those who come positive is around 7%   If we start testing 10000 people per day    = scary numbers 

Between 5-10% for every 30,000.    Roughly 450.  

UK Population 66,440,000/30,000 = 2214.66 x 5-10% (450)

If every UK person was tested.  The case number is likely to be 996,600  -  which is why I am 100% sure that there are many thousands, if not close to a million people in the UK with Covid-19 walking scott free with 99% of the population having mild symptoms. 

image.thumb.png.e84a59525b77dba110c99159cd366c9f.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy
13 minutes ago, swebby said:

Hi GW, in comparison to Influenza, recombination is not a process that will regular happen to SARS-Cov-2. 

It's not impossible, it can happen with any single strand RNA virus, it is just a very unlikely occurrence in what is still an exceptionally small host population size.  Influenza is a segmented single strand RNA virus, this segmentation leaves it much more susceptible to recombination events, as  segments can be switched about.

With the numbers of folk 'evolving' this RNA via 'Drift' maybe 'Recombination is not needed for us to see a range of severities of individual 'flavours' of Covid-19 (already we have distinct Wuhan,Iranian,S.Korean,N.Italian 'flavours' and I've not completed my reading on the emerging Franco-German 'flavour' yet.....) Throw in any mix of a couple of these 'flavours' and we might see changes to the CFR esp. around organ failure whilst fighting pneumonia?

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Robbie Garrett said:

Between 5-10% for every 30,000.    Roughly 450.  

UK Population 66,440,000/30,000 = 2214.66 x 5-10% (450)

If every UK person was tested.  The case number is likely to be 996,600  -  which is why I am 100% sure that there are many thousands, if not close to a million people in the UK with Covid-19 walking scott free with 99% of the population having mild symptoms. 

image.thumb.png.e84a59525b77dba110c99159cd366c9f.png

It won't be proportional like that because testing is naturally geared towards higher risk people. 

• Like 1

Posted

So, what exactly are "mild symptoms"? Genuine Q.

Does the term cover all bases, so to speak, of mild symptoms?

Mild - will even those with mild symptoms still get a dry cough? 

Will they still get a fever?

Runny nose?

Anyone truthfully know?

• Like 3

Posted

People in my town (Andover) have launched a Facebook group to aid people who are isolated which I think is rather lovely.

I can't remember if i told you guys the story of our first official case.

Apparently, the gentleman suspected he had Covid-19 and went for tests. While waiting for the test results, he went to the local leisure centre to a roller-disco and then went out for a meal at a restaurant. Test results came back positive.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

I'm surprised that tiny San Marino has 69 cases and 3 deaths so far.

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Runny nose?

Anyone truthfully know?

132495?width=1200&crop=16_9&signature=8d
WWW.HEART.CO.UK

People who have survived and recovered from Coronavirus have been sharing their stories of their symptoms and experience of the illness.

• Like 2

Posted
8 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Runny nose?

Anyone truthfully know?

It appears the immune system is the absolute critical element here.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
7 minutes ago, pip22 said:

I'm surprised that tiny San Marino has 69 cases and 3 deaths so far.

it is near italy.

• Like 2

Posted
8 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:
132495?width=1200&crop=16_9&signature=8d
WWW.HEART.CO.UK

People who have survived and recovered from Coronavirus have been sharing their stories of their symptoms and experience of the illness.

Varied then. Bit of a cold, sore throat, for a couple of them. Be surprised if people with the lesser version will bother to self-isolate, let alone try and register for a test. After all, those symptoms are what people get every Winter.

So begs the Q will we ever really know exact numbers, even years down the line? I think i can answer that myself.

Edit: The Welsh guy has 2 completely different stories though. His orig to a local paper in Wales a couple of months back told a story of it was next to nothing. His Daily Mail one the other week was one of near death.

Edited by Bristle boy
  • Like 4