Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow
45 minutes ago, kold weather said:

I think there was worry about a load of cases in Seoul last night, looks like it maybe to do with that.

90 in one call centre alone.

South Korea has gone for it in testing, which is one reason why its containment has worked so well and quickly. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms and anything extreme.

BBC News - UK interest rates cut in emergency move on worries of economic damage due to Corona
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51831004

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
4 minutes ago, Garybournemouth said:

BBC News - UK interest rates cut in emergency move on worries of economic damage due to Corona
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51831004

Thought that might happen. 

Posted

I write to my MP from time to time.

Just emailed her saying that restrictions should be brought in PDQ. Also the Government should follow their own advice and self isolate.

Are our MP’s going to?  Probably not but if you don’t tell them they won’t know how we feel.  The electorate have long memories. 

Why not write yours.  Easy enough to find their contact details on line

Edited by Snipper
  • Like 3

Posted

I still want to know why its a good idea to have hundreds of thousands packed together like sardines when a pandemic is on the loose.

Why is virtually every other country in Europe banning gatherings and closing schools at the same time.

Am i alone ?

• Like 2

Posted

Can I play the cynic for just a moment !

Lets say the NHS had stepped up its testing last week the UK cases would be much higher by now.

The pressure to close schools and stop sporting events would be reaching fever pitch.

Not testing doesn’t stop you treating people so morally all those who become very ill would still get treated anyway .

But it stores up lots of problems going forward when a sudden increase in cases can overwhelm health systems .

Edited by nick sussex
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather
7 hours ago, Donegal said:

Paraguay doesn't mess about

If only they could do that here!

• Like 3

Posted

There’s been some very positive results apparently with a drug called Tocilizumab .

It was used to treat patients with ARD (acute respiratory syndrome ).

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Our Health Secretary got diagnosed with Coronavirus should be a wake up call for our govt to be more pro-active, than being in sitting ducks all the time. We need to act more.

Edited by pip22
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: ☀️
36 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

Can I play the cynic for just a moment !

Lets say the NHS had stepped up its testing last week the UK cases would be much higher by now.

The pressure to close schools and stop sporting events would be reaching fever pitch.

Not testing doesn’t stop you treating people so morally all those who become very ill would still get treated anyway .

But it stores up lots of problems going forward when a sudden increase in cases can overwhelm health systems .

Also will add to the panic when cases spike because of the extra testing. They’re just trying to control the narrative,  like in China. 

• Like 3

Posted
7 hours ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

Strange.    As Wolves game against Olympiacos   in Greece   goes ahead for Thursday.  Nuno  not happy

Edited by weirpig
  • Like 2

Posted

Meantime, first premiership game called off because of the virus because some arsenal players met one person with the disease..... meantime 5,000 fans from Madrid in Liverpool tonight.   Madrid has more ‘diagnosed’ cases than the UK and over 30 deaths (which in itself suggests the Madrid cluster is much larger than the official figures). 

Craziness.

• Like 9

Posted
4 minutes ago, pip22 said:

Our Health Secretary got diagnosed with Coronavirus should be a wake up call for our govt to be more pro-active, than being in sitting ducks all the time.

• Like 2

Posted

Premier league  also say no other fixtures will be affected??.  Arsenal play  Against Brighton at the weekend   I thought self isolation was 2 weeks?.   Edit  just seen  2 week period is up Friday.   However during that time they played  West Ham  and Portsmouth.  Do they have to isolate?.

Edited by weirpig
  • Like 3

Posted
8 minutes ago, Saint coolio said:

Also will add to the panic when cases spike because of the extra testing. They’re just trying to control the narrative,  like in China. 

Mr Cynical,

Think they have been pretty up front.  At no time said it was going to stop or go away.

Difficult judgement call.  Be seriously scaremongering or what they are doing?  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings
33 minutes ago, Snipper said:

I think for many people they are already taking there own steps to protect themselves by in particular not going places where they will be in close contact. 

Told the wife no more sex for the time being.  She said oh good!

That's strange, as she seemed very enthusiastic when I went round. 

As an aside, there doesn't seem to be much hysteria or panic-buying here in Norfolk, but to be fair it does a long time for news to arrive.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Being on leave, I'm going to try and get some fresh air out on Dartmoor today. Seems more sensible walking alone than going to the gym and will get some decent oxygen in me before we get locked down. 

Think it's called keeping calm and carrying on... 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, philglossop said:

Being on leave, I'm going to try and get some fresh air out on Dartmoor today. Seems more sensible walking alone than going to the gym and will get some decent oxygen in me before we get locked down. 

Think it's called keeping calm and carrying on... 

I'm off tomorrow and friday, tomorrow being my birthday. I'm finishing this pouch of tobacco today and then i'm quitting - got a vape at home etc.

From tomorrow, I'm exercising - my missus who is an exercise/gym freak is going to "personally train" me for want of a better term. 

Might be too late, might only boost my immune system by 0.000001 percent, but it's better than nothing and I have a feeling it'll do my dwindling mental health the world of good.

• Like 3

Posted

This really as nothing to do with this  subject  put ill place it here  just to highlight  that in some cases  this virus may be a blessing if it wipes out  a certain type of person,  no doubt cheered on by the animal kingdom. .  We really are  filth.

skynews-giraffe-kenya-hirola-conservancy
NEWS.SKY.COM

Conservationists say the killings are a "blow to tremendous steps taken by the community to conserve rare and unique species".

Edited by weirpig
  • Like 3

Posted
41 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

There’s been some very positive results apparently with a drug called Tocilizumab .

It was used to treat patients with ARD (acute respiratory syndrome ).

To be honest, that does not surprise me, just like with the zumab I take, it probably stops certain t cells, immuno types, from connecting with certain lung cells, so stopping any attack that is from own body. Zumabs have proven to be a very good way of treating auto immune disorders. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow
9 minutes ago, Azazel said:

I'm off tomorrow and friday, tomorrow being my birthday. I'm finishing this pouch of tobacco today and then i'm quitting - got a vape at home etc.

From tomorrow, I'm exercising - my missus who is an exercise/gym freak is going to "personally train" me for want of a better term. 

Might be too late, might only boost my immune system by 0.000001 percent, but it's better than nothing and I have a feeling it'll do my dwindling mental health the world of good.

Trust me, as someone with BPD, anxiety and depression, this has been tough. Part of my BPD leads me to hord anyway but I'm feeling the strain even at this stage. 

Just be kind to yourself it's all you can do

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, weirpig said:

This really as nothing to do with this  subject  put ill place it here  just to highlight  that in some cases  this virus may be a blessing if it wipes out  a certain type of person.  We really are  filth.

skynews-giraffe-kenya-hirola-conservancy
NEWS.SKY.COM

Conservationists say the killings are a "blow to tremendous steps taken by the community to conserve rare and unique species".

Why, sometimes I wish all the emotionals are still with the smiley face.